Conqueror

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Writing and animals! :)

Achievements

Posted 20 November 2013 - 03:49 PM

@Kam-

GIRL. At least others can learn from your mistake, as well as yourself! I know that once I get clear (I pray to God I can say that one day soon), I will continue with the Regimen because of what you said. No matter what, my skin was never nice to me, so I think if I went off, I would get ten times worse. 

...red face demons, lol. I told my mom that this morning, and she's like "omg that sounds so bad" 

hehehehe. 

At least you were basically clear!!!!! How did it feel?! wub.png

#42 kamiller1972

kamiller1972

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 November 2013 - 05:42 PM

Well, I'm not as clear as I would like, that's for sure.  I have the little brothers of the red demon spawn to deal with too...scars! (The little bastards, lol).  But AHA seems to be helping with those.  As soon as the current face demons clear, I think I will be a little more confident. For now, I'm still a little depressed about the hot mess I've created for myself by going "all natural", but nowhere near as bad as when I was broken out all over.  I think I grow a little more confident day by day.  It's a slow process, but I think I will be victorious soon cool.png

It felt wonderful to be clear, though I would get little breakouts here and there.  I will tell you that when I was on Accutane when I was 25, that was the clearest I'd ever been.  Not a pimple in sight! It was glorious!  BUT....the side effects were atrocious.  I went mental and was a total nut job.  And it  caused night blindness, which I still have to this day.  Soooo.....I think I'll just stick to what I'm doing rolleyes.gif

Edited by kamiller1972, 20 November 2013 - 05:47 PM.

Current skin care routine:

AM

Rainwater Botanical's Soap for Troubled Skin

Spot treat with Acne.org's AHA

Clinique Moisture Surge Intense

Clinique All About Eyes with Baobab oil

PM 

Clinique Take the Day Off Balm with Adzuki Micrograin Facial Scrub (All natural-awesome stuff!)

Acne.org Cleanser for extra cleansing ( I wear a full face of makeup)

Frugally Sustainable Blemish Astringent/or Rainwater Botanical's Toner for Troubled Skin (All natural-very soothing and non-drying)

1 1/2 Pumps of Acne.org's 2.5% BP 

Acne.org's Moisturizer (small amount)

When I get home from work, I like to let my face breath, so generally, I will use Clinique Take the Day Off Balm with the Adzuki micrograins, followed by a more gentle regimen. Currently, I am using Bare Minerals Blemish Treatment on any actives...LOVE this stuff!

I've recently added a mask to my routine.  It's all natural and very cheap.  Bentonite clay and apple cider vinegar mixed with a wee bit of tea tree oil. This is great for blackheads!

I am currently 100% clear with this mostly natural regimen.  

Makeup: Merle Norman's Purely Mineral Makeup Powder

Merle Norman Aqua Balance liquid foundation

Primer:

Studio Gear Primer

#43 Alyssa Lee

Alyssa Lee

Conqueror

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 20 November 2013 - 07:54 PM

Well, I'm not as clear as I would like, that's for sure.  I have the little brothers of the red demon spawn to deal with too...scars! (The little bastards, lol).  But AHA seems to be helping with those.  As soon as the current face demons clear, I think I will be a little more confident. For now, I'm still a little depressed about the hot mess I've created for myself by going "all natural", but nowhere near as bad as when I was broken out all over.  I think I grow a little more confident day by day.  It's a slow process, but I think I will be victorious soon cool.png

It felt wonderful to be clear, though I would get little breakouts here and there.  I will tell you that when I was on Accutane when I was 25, that was the clearest I'd ever been.  Not a pimple in sight! It was glorious!  BUT....the side effects were atrocious.  I went mental and was a total nut job.  And it  caused night blindness, which I still have to this day.  Soooo.....I think I'll just stick to what I'm doing rolleyes.gif

Oh my goodness that is scary!!! I don't think I would ever go on Accutane just because I'd be afraid ... and my mom wouldn't let me. LOL. ahhh... I'm just happy you are okay. It's a scary thing. It seems like the Regmin is working, so no need for Accutane (hopefully)! 

I'm worried about the scars as well....i noticed that a lot of my face is the red marks... I only have maybe 6-7 active pimpes and the rest is red marks. NOOOO :( How long if it's even possible, do they go away? 

#44 kamiller1972

kamiller1972

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 November 2013 - 08:45 PM

Oh my goodness that is scary!!! I don't think I would ever go on Accutane just because I'd be afraid ... and my mom wouldn't let me. LOL. ahhh... I'm just happy you are okay. It's a scary thing. It seems like the Regmin is working, so no need for Accutane (hopefully)! 

I'm worried about the scars as well....i noticed that a lot of my face is the red marks... I only have maybe 6-7 active pimpes and the rest is red marks. NOOOO sad.png How long if it's even possible, do they go away? 

Giirrllll......they can last anywhere from several weeks to MONTHS.  But I've found the AHA works REAL well to speed up the processw00t.gif

AM

PM 

Clinique Take the Day Off Balm with Adzuki Micrograin Facial Scrub (All natural-awesome stuff!)

Frugally Sustainable Blemish Astringent/or Rainwater Botanical's Toner for Troubled Skin (All natural-very soothing and non-drying)

When I get home from work, I like to let my face breath, so generally, I will use Clinique Take the Day Off Balm with the Adzuki micrograins, followed by a more gentle regimen. Currently, I am using Bare Minerals Blemish Treatment on any actives...LOVE this stuff!

I've recently added a mask to my routine.  It's all natural and very cheap.  Bentonite clay and apple cider vinegar mixed with a wee bit of tea tree oil. This is great for blackheads!

Primer:

Studio Gear Primer

#45 Alyssa Lee

Alyssa Lee

Conqueror

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 20 November 2013 - 08:58 PM

I'm worried about the scars as well....i noticed that a lot of my face is the red marks... I only have maybe 6-7 active pimpes and the rest is red marks. NOOOO sad.png How long if it's even possible, do they go away? 

Giirrllll......they can last anywhere from several weeks to MONTHS.  But I've found the AHA works REAL well to speed up the processw00t.gif

WAIT.

SO, they don't last forever?!?!!?1?!!?!?!?alkjdflsa

eusa_pray.gif cheer.gif

It's not much of a diff...but I wanted to show you guys the difference on how my HUGE pimples on my cheek look compared to a couple days.

I'm might be seeing things, but it looks better in my eyes biggrin.png

Attached Thumbnails

• two days into Regimen.jpg

#46 kamiller1972

kamiller1972

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 November 2013 - 09:07 PM

Tee hee blink.png Nope...mine didn't eusa_dance.gif But...you do have to have a lot of patience with those little buggers, grrr....bs.gif

Oh my gosh!  Yes ma'am- I see lots of improvement, woot woot surprised.gif

AM

PM 

Primer:

Studio Gear Primer

#47 Alyssa Lee

Alyssa Lee

Conqueror

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 20 November 2013 - 09:14 PM

Tee hee blink.png Nope...mine didn't eusa_dance.gif But...you do have to have a lot of patience with those little buggers, grrr....bs.gif

Oh my gosh!  Yes ma'am- I see lots of improvement, woot woot surprised.gif

R-Really?! :D I'm so happy I'm not the only one that sees it hahahha. Any improvement on those buggers as you call them ;) , are a godsend! I just applied my cleanser and BP...my skins burning a tad ouch, but i have to wait for it to dry to get the moisturizer on :D

AND OMG the fact that they go away is amazing...i don't have any "Scars" like the indented ones, only red-marks... (that i know of as of now ;) )

#48 kamiller1972

kamiller1972

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 November 2013 - 07:41 AM

Yep, the red ones will go away eventually...I do have a few indentations from really bad cysts, but nothing too noticeable.  Like I said, the AHA is REALLY good for the red demon spawns (red marks, lol).  Did you purchase that with your kit?

AM

PM 

Primer:

Studio Gear Primer

#49 Alyssa Lee

Alyssa Lee

Conqueror

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 21 November 2013 - 11:29 AM

Yep, the red ones will go away eventually...I do have a few indentations from really bad cysts, but nothing too noticeable.  Like I said, the AHA is REALLY good for the red demon spawns (red marks, lol).  Did you purchase that with your kit?

yes, I got the Regimine along with the Jojoba oil and AHA+ :)

#50 kamiller1972

kamiller1972

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 November 2013 - 11:38 AM

yes, I got the Regimine along with the Jojoba oil and AHA+ smile.png

PERFECT! nod.gif

AM

PM 

Primer:

Studio Gear Primer

#51 Alyssa Lee

Alyssa Lee

Conqueror

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 21 November 2013 - 02:11 PM

DAY 3:

Today is a good day so far. I woke up this morning and saw two whiteheads--I know, that doesn't seem good but to me it is :) One ended up being dry skin when I softly squeezed it -sigh- and another couple white heads that were small, so hopefully they heal well. 

I noticed the ones on my cheek are getting even more flat--screams with joy-- I really think this plan is working for me!!!!! cheer.gif

On the even better side, it's RAINING IN SUNNY CALIFORNIA. AND I ran my 6 miles this morning in the rain and wind. Yeah, I feel pretty good--but crashed and took a nap after I applied my morning applications. XD

eeee I love the rain so much, I am going to the zoo tomorrow with my man so SOOOO it's going to rain and i get to see animals?! I DON'T KNOW WHAT'S BETTER.wub.png

On the more acne side...lol... I can still feel that pimple forming at the base of my nose, hurts not as much as yesterday, so hopefully it doesn't come to a head!! eusa_pray.gif

#52 KAmanda

KAmanda

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 21 November 2013 - 02:47 PM

Just saw the recent pic of your cheek and it's def better! All of your blemishes look flatter and less red and angry-looking. They look more like they're dying away - yay! My older son (15 yr old) woke up with 2 pimples on his cheek. They're not big but it was a little discouraging to see. I'm not sure if it's an initial purge or if it's because he's only been doing regimen 1x day. Needless to say, both my boys are bumping up to the full 2x a day as of today. It's been 5 days and they have no redness or dryness. So I'm hoping those new pimples heal fast! My younger son is luckier, his acne is milder and he doesn't have much on his cheeks, just forehead and chin. Those ones seem to dry up and disappear soooo much quicker than the cheek ones. Those last long and then leave a red mark that lasts long too - grrrr!

#53 Alyssa Lee

Alyssa Lee

Conqueror

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 21 November 2013 - 03:01 PM

Just saw the recent pic of your cheek and it's def better! All of your blemishes look flatter and less red and angry-looking. They look more like they're dying away - yay! My older son (15 yr old) woke up with 2 pimples on his cheek. They're not big but it was a little discouraging to see. I'm not sure if it's an initial purge or if it's because he's only been doing regimen 1x day. Needless to say, both my boys are bumping up to the full 2x a day as of today. It's been 5 days and they have no redness or dryness. So I'm hoping those new pimples heal fast! My younger son is luckier, his acne is milder and he doesn't have much on his cheeks, just forehead and chin. Those ones seem to dry up and disappear soooo much quicker than the cheek ones. Those last long and then leave a red mark that lasts long too - grrrr!

I'm sure his skin is just purging. I haven't experienced it yet, but everyone's skin is different. I know how stubborn the cheek acne can be--BELIEVE ME-- it seems like the red spots are so easily attainable on that part of your face. I can't tell you how many pimples I've had on my chin, but I have no red marks. Only the cheeks. I assume, because the skin on the cheek is thinner and more sensitive? 

I have also experienced no redness or dryness like your sons, maybe we are just one of the lucky ones? Or in week two it will be hell. saywhat.gif  Since, we are upping the BP to TWO PUMPS. Oh good lord hahah. I don't get any on my forehead, just cheeks and chin, which I guess is hormonal? but when I had taken an antibiotic for my strep throat, my skin cleared almost totally-- so maybe mine is bacterial. Hmm.

#54 KAmanda

KAmanda

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 21 November 2013 - 03:25 PM

I sure hope it's just some initial purging. I really don't even understand why people get an initial breakout when starting BP. It's supposed to kill over 99% of acne bacteria so it doesn't make sense to me why anyone should develop new pimples after starting it. Oh well -- at least the BP will dry them up quickly.

I'm sure his skin is just purging. I haven't experienced it yet, but everyone's skin is different. I know how stubborn the cheek acne can be--BELIEVE ME-- it seems like the red spots are so easily attainable on that part of your face. I can't tell you how many pimples I've had on my chin, but I have no red marks. Only the cheeks. I assume, because the skin on the cheek is thinner and more sensitive? 

I have also experienced no redness or dryness like your sons, maybe we are just one of the lucky ones? Or in week two it will be hell. saywhat.gif  Since, we are upping the BP to TWO PUMPS. Oh good lord hahah. I don't get any on my forehead, just cheeks and chin, which I guess is hormonal? but when I had taken an antibiotic for my strep throat, my skin cleared almost totally-- so maybe mine is bacterial. Hmm.

#55 Alyssa Lee

Alyssa Lee

Conqueror

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 21 November 2013 - 03:35 PM

I sure hope it's just some initial purging. I really don't even understand why people get an initial breakout when starting BP. It's supposed to kill over 99% of acne bacteria so it doesn't make sense to me why anyone should develop new pimples after starting it. Oh well -- at least the BP will dry them up quickly.

Exactly, I never understood that either. I think though, it brings up the bacteria from the pores, so that's what causes it. Not too sure... Your sons, this is their 5th day? This is my third, so it's nice that we are basically on the same days :)

#56 Alyssa Lee

Alyssa Lee

Conqueror

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 21 November 2013 - 10:47 PM

Okay so, I put makeup on today for work and omg it looked like I had no acne!!!! I have never been so confident in going to work the whole 3 years I've worked there. I could honestly say I felt confident enough to not wear makeup. (But I still wore some ;) )

Just finished putting BP on (letting it dry as I type this), as I put it on I can feel two deep pimples forming by my chin. Argh, I hope they don't come to a head tomorrow-- I'm going to the zoo with my man and I want that confidence! Since I just felt it tonight I'm hoping it won't come to a head yet . Wishing myself luck >_<

#57 kamiller1972

kamiller1972

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 November 2013 - 09:08 AM

It may be the dreaded "purge period" for you, Alyssa sweetie...but don't discouraged!  This happens with almost everyone on The Regimen! Me included! It will be sooooo worth it! The face demons making the way to the surface currently may or may not come to a full head, but just know that they will leave a lot quicker and with less scarring surprised.gif

Ok...so as far as my update...no new nasties to report, yay!  Everything is drying up and going away.  The cyst that was by my nose had it's last hurrah yesterday morning.  I won't go into detail, but it wasn't pretty saywhat.gif  Today, it's healing up rather nicely cool.png .  The pimple under my eye is finally going down to where it's not making my eye as puffy in the morning.  And the dreaded eyebrow zit is on it's way to doomsville, hehe.

Edited by kamiller1972, 22 November 2013 - 09:10 AM.

AM

PM 

Primer:

Studio Gear Primer

#58 Alyssa Lee

Alyssa Lee

Conqueror

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 22 November 2013 - 09:43 AM

It may be the dreaded "purge period" for you, Alyssa sweetie...but don't discouraged!  This happens with almost everyone on The Regimen! Me included! It will be sooooo worth it! The face demons making the way to the surface currently may or may not come to a full head, but just know that they will leave a lot quicker and with less scarring :surprised:

Ok...so as far as my update...no new nasties to report, yay!  Everything is drying up and going away.  The cyst that was by my nose had it's last hurrah yesterday morning.  I won't go into detail, but it wasn't pretty O_O  Today, it's healing up rather nicely :cool: .  The pimple under my eye is finally going down to where it's not making my eye as puffy in the morning.  And the dreaded eyebrow zit is on it's way to doomsville, hehe.

I hope it's not the purge., I just don't want to break out super bad I mean I don't mind breaking out a little bit but I just hate the really deep ones because they take forever to heal! I'm glad that yours are finally clearing up :-) the Eye seems like it's the worst one, I've never had one really close to my eye but had one just under it and it hurts so bad I don't know if the skin on the eyes are super sensitive but it hurts so bad when I touched it. My skin is also feeling a little dry today, hopefully I don't look like a snake when I go to put my makeup on.

#59 kamiller1972

kamiller1972

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 November 2013 - 09:52 AM

It may be the dreaded "purge period" for you, Alyssa sweetie...but don't discouraged!  This happens with almost everyone on The Regimen! Me included! It will be sooooo worth it! The face demons making the way to the surface currently may or may not come to a full head, but just know that they will leave a lot quicker and with less scarring surprised.gif

Ok...so as far as my update...no new nasties to report, yay!  Everything is drying up and going away.  The cyst that was by my nose had it's last hurrah yesterday morning.  I won't go into detail, but it wasn't pretty saywhat.gif  Today, it's healing up rather nicely cool.png .  The pimple under my eye is finally going down to where it's not making my eye as puffy in the morning.  And the dreaded eyebrow zit is on it's way to doomsville, hehe.

I hope it's not the purge., I just don't want to break out super bad I mean I don't mind breaking out a little bit but I just hate the really deep ones because they take forever to heal! I'm glad that yours are finally clearing up whistling.gif) the Eye seems like it's the worst one, I've never had one really close to my eye but had one just under it and it hurts so bad I don't know if the skin on the eyes are super sensitive but it hurts so bad when I touched it. My skin is also feeling a little dry today, hopefully I don't look like a snake when I go to put my makeup on.

The BP will really help with the deep ones...they shouldn't last as long either!  And as far as the dryness, start adding the jojoba oil if you haven't already.  To be honest, Dan's moisturizer didn't do it for me and I had to resort to Cetaphil with jojoba oil.  That started to be a bit too much and I started breaking out a bit, so I switched to Clinique and that seems to be doing the trick.

AM

PM 

Primer:

Studio Gear Primer

#60 Alyssa Lee

Alyssa Lee

Conqueror

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 22 November 2013 - 12:44 PM

It may be the dreaded "purge period" for you, Alyssa sweetie...but don't discouraged!  This happens with almost everyone on The Regimen! Me included! It will be sooooo worth it! The face demons making the way to the surface currently may or may not come to a full head, but just know that they will leave a lot quicker and with less scarring :surprised:

Ok...so as far as my update...no new nasties to report, yay!  Everything is drying up and going away.  The cyst that was by my nose had it's last hurrah yesterday morning.  I won't go into detail, but it wasn't pretty O_O  Today, it's healing up rather nicely :cool: .  The pimple under my eye is finally going down to where it's not making my eye as puffy in the morning.  And the dreaded eyebrow zit is on it's way to doomsville, hehe.

I hope it's not the purge., I just don't want to break out super bad I mean I don't mind breaking out a little bit but I just hate the really deep ones because they take forever to heal! I'm glad that yours are finally clearing up :-) the Eye seems like it's the worst one, I've never had one really close to my eye but had one just under it and it hurts so bad I don't know if the skin on the eyes are super sensitive but it hurts so bad when I touched it. My skin is also feeling a little dry today, hopefully I don't look like a snake when I go to put my makeup on.
The BP will really help with the deep ones...they shouldn't last as long either!  And as far as the dryness, start adding the jojoba oil if you haven't already.  To be honest, Dan's moisturizer didn't do it for me and I had to resort to Cetaphil with jojoba oil.  That started to be a bit too much and I started breaking out a bit, so I switched to Clinique and that seems to be doing the trick.
we'll so far so good... I put the moisturizer on and I don't feel dry. The pimples haven't come to a head, YET; so I'm hoping it stays good until I can up my BP amount on week two :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users