regimen

247 replies to this topic

#241 DarkDubzs

DarkDubzs

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 March 2014 - 05:44 PM

Hey Alyssa and everyone....I know it's been awhile...life has kinda got in the way, lol.  Anyhoo...glad to see so many on here seeing great improvements!  I just want to encourage everyone to stick with the Regimen...I am 100% clear and have been that way for a while now!  Yes, I had the burning, itching, purging, flaking...the whole package.  If you can get through the first initial stages ( I would say the first 3 months are the absolute hardest) you will more than likely get very good results.  Don't give up guys!!

How long have you been on the regimen? I assume you are still on it. How often do you get pimples now too? Im finally almost totally clear, but i still have these stubborn couple of pimples that just keep coming back and wont go totally away no matter what.... grrrrrangry.png  Ive been on the regimen for like 6 weeks now, still kinda flaky and kinda dry skin. AHA+ helping. How is your skin now? Still dry, flaky, etc.? Any dark spots still from past acne? Sorry for all the questions, just want to know what to expect and how long for so.

#242 AlexZero2014

AlexZero2014

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:-Working Out
    -Enjoying Life
    -Meeting New People
    -3DS

Achievements

Posted 13 March 2014 - 06:51 PM

lol same here xD I was about to ask if you still get the flakes? I been thinking of purchasing Aha+ or Jojoba Oil, but I don't know which one is good for the flakes

btw I'm happy you are 100% clear, If I had to guess on my skin, I think I'm 60% around there.The regimen did wonders for my acne and reduce some of the scars apperance making it smooth looking.

#243 kamiller1972

kamiller1972

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 March 2014 - 07:04 AM

Hi there! I've been on the Regimen for about 5 months and, yes, I'm still on it, though I no longer do BP twice a day.  My skin is super sensitive to begin with and I had to cut back drastically.  I do a full finger's pump at night and this seems to keep everything clear for the most part. My skin in very soft and not as oily as it used to be, no flakes and very minimal dryness. I do have dark spots and pit marks from past cystic acne.  AHA seems to be helping with these. BTW...I tried to quote your post, but it's not letting me...I guess this reply thingy hasn't been fixed since I last logged on (?)

AlexZero2014:  The AHA is awesome!  I would absolutely recommend!

#244 AlexZero2014

AlexZero2014

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:-Working Out
    -Enjoying Life
    -Meeting New People
    -3DS

Achievements

Posted 15 March 2014 - 04:43 AM

Hi there! I've been on the Regimen for about 5 months and, yes, I'm still on it, though I no longer do BP twice a day.  My skin is super sensitive to begin with and I had to cut back drastically.  I do a full finger's pump at night and this seems to keep everything clear for the most part. My skin in very soft and not as oily as it used to be, no flakes and very minimal dryness. I do have dark spots and pit marks from past cystic acne.  AHA seems to be helping with these. BTW...I tried to quote your post, but it's not letting me...I guess this reply thingy hasn't been fixed since I last logged on (?)

How did you use it? did you do the AHA+ 2-3 times a week or dispense 1/2 AHA+ and 1/2 Moisturizer into your palm, mix, and apply every evening?

#245 kamiller1972

kamiller1972

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 March 2014 - 07:24 AM

How did you use it? did you do the AHA+ 2-3 times a week or dispense 1/2 AHA+ and 1/2 Moisturizer into your palm, mix, and apply every evening?

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you!  Things have been rather crazy!  I use my AHA everyday in the morning.  I use a little less than a dime size amount, let it sink in, and then apply my moisturiser.  This may be a bit much for some...but I have really sensitive skin, and this skin routine hasn't raised any issues for me.  Good luck!

#246 DarkDubzs

DarkDubzs

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 March 2014 - 05:11 PM

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you!  Things have been rather crazy!  I use my AHA everyday in the morning.  I use a little less than a dime size amount, let it sink in, and then apply my moisturiser.  This may be a bit much for some...but I have really sensitive skin, and this skin routine hasn't raised any issues for me.  Good luck!

I just need to chime in and say that its shouldnt be taken as advice to apply AHA in the morning. Reason being, AHA accelerates the cell turnover process very much and is an exfoliant. It will sting at first. But the worst part is that it will make your face red or at least redder, and you cannot go into the sun with it on at all. You will get a bad sunburn with it on and only damage your skin way more than help it. If you go out into the sun for more than 5 minutes or are in contact with UV releasing lights, like fluorescent lighting, dont have AHA on. Best thing to do with AHA is to apply it at night when you are not in sunlight or UV light and your skin repairs and heals most during sleep. I suggest mixing half and half of moisturizer and AHA+ in your palm and apply it before bed, let it dry and absorb, and go to sleep with it on. If half/half is too much or too harsh, try 1/4 AHA and 3/4 moisturizer or 1/3 and 2/3 or whatever works best for you. Just dont want anyone to make a mistake and damage their skin, because i know how much of a toll one mistake can take on your skin and mentality. Good luck!

#247 kamiller1972

kamiller1972

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 March 2014 - 02:17 PM

I just need to chime in and say that its shouldnt be taken as advice to apply AHA in the morning. Reason being, AHA accelerates the cell turnover process very much and is an exfoliant. It will sting at first. But the worst part is that it will make your face red or at least redder, and you cannot go into the sun with it on at all. You will get a bad sunburn with it on and only damage your skin way more than help it. If you go out into the sun for more than 5 minutes or are in contact with UV releasing lights, like fluorescent lighting, dont have AHA on. Best thing to do with AHA is to apply it at night when you are not in sunlight or UV light and your skin repairs and heals most during sleep. I suggest mixing half and half of moisturizer and AHA+ in your palm and apply it before bed, let it dry and absorb, and go to sleep with it on. If half/half is too much or too harsh, try 1/4 AHA and 3/4 moisturizer or 1/3 and 2/3 or whatever works best for you. Just dont want anyone to make a mistake and damage their skin, because i know how much of a toll one mistake can take on your skin and mentality. Good luck!

You're right to a certain extent....but I also want to say that I live in Louisiana where the sun shines quite frequently...and I have never had any issues.  On top of that, I have VERY sensitive skin and if there were any issues, trust me....my face would let me know .  I use a foundation that has SPF and that seems to overcome any issues as far as skin sensitivity.  If you don't use makeup, then I highly recommend finding an SPF that works for you.  The thing is, not all skin issues are alike...we are all individuals with different skin issues.  What doesn't work for some, may work for others.  You raise a great point, and it should be taken to heart.  But there are alternatives that can help with using AHA during the day.  You just have to find what works for you. 

Edited by kamiller1972, 28 March 2014 - 02:18 PM.

#248 DarkDubzs

DarkDubzs

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 March 2014 - 06:18 PM

You're right to a certain extent....but I also want to say that I live in Louisiana where the sun shines quite frequently...and I have never had any issues.  On top of that, I have VERY sensitive skin and if there were any issues, trust me....my face would let me know .  I use a foundation that has SPF and that seems to overcome any issues as far as skin sensitivity.  If you don't use makeup, then I highly recommend finding an SPF that works for you.  The thing is, not all skin issues are alike...we are all individuals with different skin issues.  What doesn't work for some, may work for others.  You raise a great point, and it should be taken to heart.  But there are alternatives that can help with using AHA during the day.  You just have to find what works for you. 

Yeah, i totally agree that everyone has different skin and has different scenarios? and they need to change their regimens to fit their needs and lifestyles. Anyways, yeah, to anyone concerned, if your face can handle AHA (mix with moisturizer for less harsh effect) like not get red or sting, then go for it, but you must apply SPF after to prevent a guaranteed sunburn. Personally, i dont see a need for myself to use AHA in the AM and im honestly more scared of trying it anyways lol.

By the way, do you know of any good SPF moisturizers? Good as in not drying, but for oily skin, i have very naturally oily skin in my T Zone, and every moisturizer makes me shine and look all oily. So, worth a shot to ask you i guess. Thanks

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users