Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ava13

Does Benzoyl Peroxide Wash Work?

3 posts in this topic

I've been thinking of switching to a benzoyl peroxide wash. I currently apply 10% BP topically as a cream at night only as prescribed by my doctor. Its cleared me up about 80% so far, but i HATE leaving that on my face all night, so i'd like to switch to a wash...and use it twice a day..morning and night. but i've heard that its not as effective as a cream. Opinions or personal experiences??

I used PanOxyl (10%) on my face for a while and I didn't have a good response. I burned the hell out of my face, and the acne got worse because my skin was so irritated. I do know that topicals that you leave on work better than the washes. And I'd be concerned about you using such a strong BP twice a day. I think that's asking for irritation. At least that was my reaction to it. I use a retinoid at night and 5% BP in the morning. You could consider adding something onto your treatment aside from BP, that way you are tackling two methods of acne formation. Good luck!

No. Putting a tiny amount of BP on your face, rubbing it around, and then washing it off 30 seconds later will not do anything.