Photo

Heavy Metal Accumulation Most Overlooked Factors?!

chelation dmps dmsa minerals trace elements

3 replies to this topic

#1 Fult

Fult

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 November 2013 - 07:09 AM

Hey!

I thought I'd share this with you. I have been on the path to curing my acne for ages and have read tons of books about other ailments and alternative treatment protocols for these diseases. The underlying factors for getting acne differ from person to person. 

I have gone the vitamine route and there are certain protocols that improve your skin while on them. However, much more overlooked is the role of minerals and trace elements in acne, which are essential for the production of many enzymes in your body and eventually impact your hormonal profile.

Acne is multifactorial. I don't believe there is a magic bullet to cure it once you got it. Whatever the underlying factors may be, hormone imbalances are from my intuition one of the main causes for your breakouts, doesn't matter whether you are male or female.

These hormonal issues in turn may be the product of a cascade of factors, which interelate. One of these is heavy metal accumulation in your body.

Chronically toxic levels of mercury, nickel or other heavy metals that your body struggels to get rid of may be one of the main reasons why your system is out of wack, but nobody is looking at it. Too high levels of copper which are from my observation not too uncommon are just as bad. Why may you have toxic levels of certain heavy metals? Many contributing factors once again, you may have been exposed to them, but your genetic potential to rid your body of heavy metals and nutrition also play a role. Heavy metal exposure is even passed on at birth through your mom.

Depending on the individual exposure, in the end what happens is that certain minerals and trace elements will deplete or be low as your body tries to rebalance itself. As a consequence enzymes and hormones are impacted, even your body's response to stress will be impacted.

I would recommend getting a chelation challenge with either DMSA or DMPS done in order to see if heavy metals may be a factor. Hair analysis is also commonly used, but not as exact as doing a chelation challenge. However even the chelation challenges are hard to interpret and it may require more than one to be certain that you would not benefit from continued chelation.

Look into it. You won't find anything or a lot on the internet that directly relates to acne. I have read one or two stories where people claimed that their acne vanished after having chelated mercury for instance. Definitely look into it!! 

#2 real maverick

real maverick

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 9
About Me

Achievements

Posted 13 November 2013 - 10:58 AM

I went down this route many years ago. I read up about the effect of heavy metal and felt certain it could be the reason for my acne. I spent hundreds of dollars on tablets that claimed to rid your body of those toxic metals but unfortunately my acne remained. But thats just my experience.

#3 WishClean

WishClean

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:movies, traveling, media studies, teaching, research, integrative medicine, acupuncture, exercise, healthy lifestyle

Achievements

Posted 13 November 2013 - 11:06 AM

I had many symptoms of heavy metal toxicity, but I got tested negative for mercury. I don't think there's a test for aluminum and lesser common metals, or if there is my doctor didn't tell me. Aluminum toxicity is more common than mercury in my opinion, especially for women who wear a lot of makeup everyday - aluminum gets absorbed through the skin and into the blood stream.

Anyway, if you suspect toxicity, edible earth clay helps with pulling the heavy metals out. Selenium and NAC can help move the metals around, but then you need a carrier to pull them out of your body. 

Edited by WishClean, 13 November 2013 - 11:08 AM.

#4 Fult

Fult

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 November 2013 - 05:06 PM

I went down this route many years ago. I read up about the effect of heavy metal and felt certain it could be the reason for my acne. I spent hundreds of dollars on tablets that claimed to rid your body of those toxic metals but unfortunately my acne remained. But thats just my experience.

what exactly did you use. when you use dmps or dmsa I would recommend you to take urine samples regularly in order to know where you are going, this will also help you to find out which minerals and trace elements to supplement. For instance when you find out you are high in copper and have a nickel toxicity, which a urine sample after a chelation challenge can tell you, this very sample is likely also going to tell you that you are low in zinc.

I had many symptoms of heavy metal toxicity, but I got tested negative for mercury. I don't think there's a test for aluminum and lesser common metals, or if there is my doctor didn't tell me. Aluminum toxicity is more common than mercury in my opinion, especially for women who wear a lot of makeup everyday - aluminum gets absorbed through the skin and into the blood stream.

Anyway, if you suspect toxicity, edible earth clay helps with pulling the heavy metals out. Selenium and NAC can help move the metals around, but then you need a carrier to pull them out of your body. 

Often times it takes more than one test to be sure. If you are living in Europe I would recommend the microtrace lab. The reports they produce are easy to interpret, they look like this:

135603557.png

Edited by Fult, 13 November 2013 - 05:06 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users