Photo

Eggs, Yay Or Nay?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 frenchie86

frenchie86

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:47 PM

Hey so I cut out dairy and junk food long ago to try and cure my acne but I'm thinking of cutting out grains/carbs also and see if that helps.
I usually eat oats for breakfast but I was thinking of having egg instead as its higher in protein and I need energy for work! Also it's not a carb unlike oats but I'm a bit cautious as eggs have hormones in?
What do you think?

#2 maria199

maria199

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 13 November 2013 - 03:12 AM

Eggs are common allergens but personally i haven't noticed a connection.. i haven't tried a whole egg, more like in foods/sweets that had eggs in them. You could try something like this and if you don't break out check it with eggs alone.

You could try organic eggs if you are concerned about hormones (i don't know if that's a problem for eggs as it is for chickens), the ones i used were not-too expensive .

Edited by maria199, 13 November 2013 - 03:14 AM.

What clears my acne:

Spironolactone 100 mg + limiting dairy

indoxyl (duac) gel + aha + baby brush for comedones.

3hnd.jpg

#3 Binga

Binga

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 November 2013 - 07:46 AM

Look into juicing and kefir in this forum. Might help.

#4 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 November 2013 - 02:52 PM

Hey so I cut out dairy and junk food long ago to try and cure my acne but I'm thinking of cutting out grains/carbs also and see if that helps.
I usually eat oats for breakfast but I was thinking of having egg instead as its higher in protein and I need energy for work! Also it's not a carb unlike oats but I'm a bit cautious as eggs have hormones in?
What do you think?

Eggs are great so long as you are not intolerant to them, which you have to figure out for yourself.   Also, btw, it's the whites that most people are intolerant to so don't follow that nonsense advice most nutritionists give about throwing the best part of the egg away.   And if you do, then send your yolks to me. I'll eat them.

Besides, you want that fat for the energy for your work.  Ideally, get the eggs from pastured chickens. 

Oats actually are high in protein and relatively high in fat, btw. But you want them to be as whole as possible.

Edited by alternativista, 13 November 2013 - 02:53 PM.

Status: Clear after 30 years. Wow, I guess it's been 6 years, now.

[ Story: Severe Acne since I was 10. 10+ years of Dermatologists, Antibiotics, topicals and ACCUTANE did nothing. Discovered oranges triggered the worst of my cystic acne = about 70% improvement. Tried some nutrient supplements like B-complex with zinc and C, saw palmetto and a BHA like the aspirin mask = more improvement, a lot less oily. Then, Diet changes = Clear.

Regimen: Anti-inflammatory, nutrient dense, blood sugar stabilizing diet and supplements (for hormones, inflammation, aging, health). No soap or other cleanser except for hand washing! Water only or Oil cleanse. Aloe Vera mixed with niacinimide and a high linoleic acid oil for moisturizer and reduce pigmentation.

Diet effects acne in so many ways: hormone balance, inflammation, Insulin levels, digestion, allergies and intolerances, liver function, adrenal function, SHBG levels, sebum quality, cell function and turnover, nutrient deficiencies, body fat, etc. Basic advice: Eat, sleep, supplement and exercise like you are a diabetic. And eat real food!

For more information, see my Good Things for Acne thread *Moderator edit - Please refer to the board rules (see “Advertising/soliciting”, “Linking” and “Signatures”)*

When you eat stuff, Stuff Happens!

#5 Green Gables

Green Gables

RETIRED

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 November 2013 - 11:58 PM

Eggs are awesome. That's all.

hifive.gif hifive.gif hifive.gif

photo-152109.gif?_r=1345837784?__rand=0.

I don't get notified of your response to my post unless you QUOTE my post.

Please only quote a small portion of the post so it doesn't clutter up the thread. 

How to Treat Hormonal Acne

Good and Bad Birth Control Pills and Implants for Acne

How to take Spironolactone

List of Doctors Who Prescribe Spironolactone

Topicals for Hormonal Acne

HOW I STAY 100% CLEAR:

Spironolactone (anti-androgen drug)

Betaine HCL with each meal

Avoiding silicones and occlusives in skin/hair products

#6 Thommoth

Thommoth

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:50 PM

I started eating poached eggs for breakfast everyday and my skin only seemed to improve.

#7 paigems

paigems

Veteran Member

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 November 2013 - 07:16 PM

Eggs make my skin more clogged and oily. I was eating them everyday and then when I stopped my skin started looking much better.

#8 Fult

Fult

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 November 2013 - 05:24 AM

boiled eggs are the best. they are a good source of certain b vitamins, choline and even immunoglobulins.

youtube.com/fultimateable