1St Accutane Course! - 17 Y/o Boy (With Weekly Pics)

52 posts in this topic

DAY 50 WUHUUUUU

Overall my face has started to improve I guess! Im not getting as much pimplets as before! Chin is staying the same, no new pimplets, and red marks are fading slowly!! Cheeks have improved a lot, cause I'm not getting so much pimplets anymore, which is great! Aaaand red marks are still fading! Forehead is still the same, getting pimplets sometimes, but not worse... Now I'm getting pimplets places where I haven't got before, anyone who has experienced this?? I have recently got 4-5 around my right temple (Is this the word??),,,, Appointment with my derm at January 30, which is getting close!! :)

I wish everyone a happy new year! :)

- Accutane start: 13 November 2013wub.png -

Weight: 70 kg - Cumulative dose: 148 mg/kg

Month 0-1 - 40mg

Month 1-2 - 40mg

Month 2-2½ - 40 mg

Month 2½-3 - 80mg

Month 3-4 -80 mg

Month 4-5 - 80 mg

Month 5-5½ - 80 mg

Clear of acne - but still struggling with red marks/scars :)

Smile!biggrin.png

DAY 54

Bad news.. As i thought my face just was going to improve, my thoughts were wrong. I have got a IB, and I'm breaking out a lot, it's so terrible. I hate looking at myself in the mirror, and I really want to look at myself and be happy, but it's so hard with this acne.. Im trying to hold my head up, probably gonna stay at home from school tomorrow.. Here are some pictures of me taken 5 mins ago, literally.. Looks so horrible :(

post-356821-0-05777800-1388925218.jpg

post-356821-0-80729200-1388925280.jpg

post-356821-0-90417400-1388925296.jpg

Hugs ...

Month 0-1 - 40mg

Month 1-2 - 40mg

Month 2-2½ - 40 mg

Month 2½-3 - 80mg

Month 3-4 -80 mg

Month 4-5 - 80 mg

Month 5-5½ - 80 mg

Smile!biggrin.png

Keep strong man! I'm going through a breakout here through upping my dosage for my second month. It will get better eventually.

Accutane Log:

I'm trying to hold my head up as much as possible even though it's very hard.. Thank you for your support :) I'm almost at my 2nd month too, still at 40 mg per day, but having a derm appointment on january 30, so maybe he's upping my dosage..

I stayed home from school today, unfortunately..

Month 0-1 - 40mg

Month 1-2 - 40mg

Month 2-2½ - 40 mg

Month 2½-3 - 80mg

Month 3-4 -80 mg

Month 4-5 - 80 mg

Month 5-5½ - 80 mg

Smile!biggrin.png

Oh no I am sorry :( I just started my 3rd month yesterday and boy was the end of month 2 hard for me!! Maybe we just got our IB's later in treatment? Here I was all happy thinking I was one of the lucky few who didn't get an IB, WRONG. Went to the derm yesterday tho and he went thru and popped a lot of my under the skin ones so my skin looks so how kinda better? Idk! I was horrible the last week tho! Luckily we are getting far enough in treatment that it's closer to the end! Keep your head up, it will be worth it! I hope eusa_pray.gif

Treatment Start: November 7th, 2013

Month 1 - 40mg daily

Month 2 - 80 mg / 40 mg daily rotating

Month 3 - 80 mg / 40 mg daily rotating

Month 4 - 80 mg / 40 mg daily rotating

Month 5 - 80 mg / 40 mg daily rotating

SAT NAM

Oh no I am sorry sad.png I just started my 3rd month yesterday and boy was the end of month 2 hard for me!! Maybe we just got our IB's later in treatment? Here I was all happy thinking I was one of the lucky few who didn't get an IB, WRONG. Went to the derm yesterday tho and he went thru and popped a lot of my under the skin ones so my skin looks so how kinda better? Idk! I was horrible the last week tho! Luckily we are getting far enough in treatment that it's closer to the end! Keep your head up, it will be worth it! I hope eusa_pray.gif

Thanks so much for your reply, kenzie.. Hehe, I did also thought that I wouldn't get an IB, but yeah.. I was wrong, just like you.. My IB is though clearing up at the moment.. Still looks bads, because of the red marks and stuff, but it's a lot better than before. Ohh... My reg doctor actually told me to ALWAYS leave the pimplets alone.. Dunno if my derm will pop some of them though.. Having an appointment on January 30, looking forward to it! We are almost halfway there!! I really hope that accutane will clear both of us up!

Hugs! :)

Month 0-1 - 40mg

Month 1-2 - 40mg

Month 2-2½ - 40 mg

Month 2½-3 - 80mg

Month 3-4 -80 mg

Month 4-5 - 80 mg

Month 5-5½ - 80 mg

Smile!biggrin.png

Day 62 (Month 2!)

Weehhh 2 months have passed! I have not got any pimplets recently after my IB, my face is improving but still bad after the IB! I guess my red marks have faded on my cheeks, cause I'm not really getting as much pimplets as earlier.. It's so great!!! :) I'm so happy at the moment, and I do really hope for that my face only is going to improve from now on! Would be so awesome for me, really.. Everything is just great at the moment, and I can hardly even think about my skin (which is great), cause I'm so busy with school, my girlfriend, work etc.. Aaaaannnd it has just started snowing today!! weeehhh snowballs :D

Hope that everyone is having a good time, hugs :)

Month 0-1 - 40mg

Month 1-2 - 40mg

Month 2-2½ - 40 mg

Month 2½-3 - 80mg

Month 3-4 -80 mg

Month 4-5 - 80 mg

Month 5-5½ - 80 mg

Smile!biggrin.png

DAY 66

Hey guys :) Face is still healing from my IB. I have got a new pimplets, which has became soo white, will wait for tomorrow to see if I sould pop it.. I can feel like 2-3 pimplets on each cheek under my skin.. Now my red marks should just fade very fastly! I hope to be clear soon :)

Hope that everyone has had a nice day! :)

1 person likes this

Month 0-1 - 40mg

Month 1-2 - 40mg

Month 2-2½ - 40 mg

Month 2½-3 - 80mg

Month 3-4 -80 mg

Month 4-5 - 80 mg

Month 5-5½ - 80 mg

Smile!biggrin.png

Feel you bro , check out my log if you'd like .. im on my second month too , well 3rd month on the 5th and got my appointment the day after you , although im on a bigger dose , Had a break out a few days ago too , it sucks -.- my face was nearly clear and boom , but im hoping it all goes well soon. Keep it up.

Feel you bro , check out my log if you'd like .. im on my second month too , well 3rd month on the 5th and got my appointment the day after you , although im on a bigger dose , Had a break out a few days ago too , it sucks -.- my face was nearly clear and boom , but im hoping it all goes well soon. Keep it up.

Thanks for your support, it means A lot to me! Im trying to keep my head up every Day, and its the hope that keeps it up.

I hate IB's.... But hey, isnt it worth it for A clear skin?? Lets cross fingers for A clear skin for both of us!!

Looking soooo forward to the appointment on thursday :)

Month 0-1 - 40mg

Month 1-2 - 40mg

Month 2-2½ - 40 mg

Month 2½-3 - 80mg

Month 3-4 -80 mg

Month 4-5 - 80 mg

Month 5-5½ - 80 mg

Smile!biggrin.png

Yeahh.. Mine's on Friday.. dont think i'd have enough pills till then.. i guess i gotta go to the pharmacy or something O.o and yeah hame them too.. and sure is worth it to be clear.. just not sure bout my forehead..i battled a lot there and i think i might have scarring left on there.. anyhow.. heads up.

I am 17 too. I am on day 42 of Claravis 40 mg daily. My skin looks worse than ever. My lips are dry, but not horrible. Have a dance on Friday, so I hope that it looks a little better by then. My skin has never looked better while on this, only worse. I hope that it's working and I am not going to be a case where it doesn't work.

I am 17 too. I am on day 42 of Claravis 40 mg daily. My skin looks worse than ever. My lips are dry, but not horrible. Have a dance on Friday, so I hope that it looks a little better by then. My skin has never looked better while on this, only worse. I hope that it's working and I am not going to be a case where it doesn't work.

Trust me.. At that time my face was also very bad-looking, and it was definetely the worst part going through... Ohh.. I hope that your acne will improve and heal, but don't let it affect you from having a nice day anyway, please :)

DAY 79 (2½ months)

So today I was at my regular doc for a blood test, and afterwards I was at my derm. He has upped my dosage, so I'm now supposed to take 80 mg per day, until the start of April (2 months). I really hope that I wont get an IB, as my dosage has been upped, I cross my fingers! I haven't got any annoying pimplets recently, but my face is still healing from my IB, and I have got spots just beside where my big pimplets were. I really just hope to be clear of acne, red marks and scars at the end of the accutane journey. I was at the pharmacy and have got pills for 1 month so far :) On sunday and monday I was very sad and felt really depressed. But since that time it has only got better, and I'm trying to be as happy as possible even though having acne.

Hope that everyone have a nice day :)

Month 0-1 - 40mg

Month 1-2 - 40mg

Month 2-2½ - 40 mg

Month 2½-3 - 80mg

Month 3-4 -80 mg

Month 4-5 - 80 mg

Month 5-5½ - 80 mg

Smile!biggrin.png

It's hard to stay positive. My cheeks are a red, pimply, inflamed mess. My face is much worse than it ever was pre-acutane. But, hopefully, my skin will be

clear by prom in mid May. I just feel like everyone is staring at me and wondering why I don't do something about my skin.

It's hard to stay positive. My cheeks are a red, pimply, inflamed mess. My face is much worse than it ever was pre-acutane. But, hopefully, my skin will be

clear by prom in mid May. I just feel like everyone is staring at me and wondering why I don't do something about my skin.

I know exactly how you feel, I feel in the same way bro.. But hey.. Go take a look at some other logs, and you will see how bad they felt etc. etc. and now they're great without any acne! I know it's hard to think positive while having acne, but try as much as u can. In the end you will probably just think "Why didn't I just feel happy all the time?.. Clear skin in a matter of time! :)

Month 0-1 - 40mg

Month 1-2 - 40mg

Month 2-2½ - 40 mg

Month 2½-3 - 80mg

Month 3-4 -80 mg

Month 4-5 - 80 mg

Month 5-5½ - 80 mg

Smile!biggrin.png

DAY 85

Feeling happy. Improvements and only like 1 pimplet under my skin left. Life is great, enjoying waking up every morning to see new positive results. Skin has become more dry upping my dosage, as well as my lips have. It's ok - if just I remember to mousturize. Hugs everyone and GL to everyone on accutane :)

Month 0-1 - 40mg

Month 1-2 - 40mg

Month 2-2½ - 40 mg

Month 2½-3 - 80mg

Month 3-4 -80 mg

Month 4-5 - 80 mg

Month 5-5½ - 80 mg

Smile!biggrin.png

Day 101

Sorry for haven't been updating in a while. Breakouts are calming down. Getting a lot pimplets on my throat ( have never got any pimplets on my throat ). Very dry skin, really need to remember to mousturize. Lips has become more dry, but it's ok with lip balm with me. Birthday soon, hope to have no breakouts more...

Still a lot red marks... Appointment in 1½ month :)

Hugs to everyone

Month 0-1 - 40mg

Month 1-2 - 40mg

Month 2-2½ - 40 mg

Month 2½-3 - 80mg

Month 3-4 -80 mg

Month 4-5 - 80 mg

Month 5-5½ - 80 mg

Smile!biggrin.png

Hahaha, we're all gonna make it brah ;)

Month 0-1 - 40mg

Month 1-2 - 40mg

Month 2-2½ - 40 mg

Month 2½-3 - 80mg

Month 3-4 -80 mg

Month 4-5 - 80 mg

Month 5-5½ - 80 mg

Smile!biggrin.png

How things going braaah ! Bitchezz gonna me Mirin my facial aesthetics haha , hopefully .. I have around a month and a week left, thinking of telling my derm to extend for an extra month , not totally happy with my results just yet , although much happier than i ever been in the last years , still.. il see how things are looking in roughly 5 weeks when my appointment is might ask her to do another month for half a dose or something , !

How things going braaah ! Bitchezz gonna me Mirin my facial aesthetics haha , hopefully .. I have around a month and a week left, thinking of telling my derm to extend for an extra month , not totally happy with my results just yet , although much happier than i ever been in the last years , still.. il see how things are looking in roughly 5 weeks when my appointment is might ask her to do another month for half a dose or something , !

Haha, thanks for making me happy bro. facial aesthetics hahaha :D Well things are going good I guess.. Still breakouts, but much smaller.. Cool! I might ask to have a extended month too, with just like 20 mg daily or something. not happy with my results too, but i guess things can change fastly.. Still have 1 month and a week left till appointment :) Have a nice day brah! aaaaand dont worry! We're all gonna make it one day! 'dey gonna be mirin!

Month 0-1 - 40mg

Month 1-2 - 40mg

Month 2-2½ - 40 mg

Month 2½-3 - 80mg

Month 3-4 -80 mg

Month 4-5 - 80 mg

Month 5-5½ - 80 mg

Smile!biggrin.png

Haha, thanks for making me happy bro. facial aesthetics hahaha Well things are going good I guess.. Still breakouts, but much smaller.. Cool! I might ask to have a extended month too, with just like 20 mg daily or something. not happy with my results too, but i guess things can change fastly.. Still have 1 month and a week left till appointment Have a nice day brah! aaaaand dont worry! We're all gonna make it one day! 'dey gonna be mirin!

No worries bro ! We all need that extra support , yeah.. my breakouts are pretty much gone ( i hope) i get a weird little spot here or there , my back breakouts are getting much better and back overall looks cleaner , never have time to take progress pics >.< and yeah im thinking of doing that too , not too happy about my little deeper scars on my forehead and see how the back goes + the redness is making me patchy and look crap , looks like out appointment is quite close to eachother mines at the end of march ! :D Hopefully brah hopefully.

I am about half way through my treatment- taking 40 mg 2X a day and now the pharmacy tells me Claravis in on backorder. I have been trying to get it for 2 weeks, and they just told me that today. I have 2 pills left. I am ticket that I am going to have to go without for who knows how long. My skin isn't really breakout, but it is covered with red marks and looks like crap. This is my 2nd month on 80mg total a day and I other than dry lips, I don't really have side effects.