Photo

1St Accutane Course! - 17 Y/o Boy (With Weekly Pics)

accutane

51 replies to this topic

#1 Joy4ever

Joy4ever

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:23 PM

Hello! smile.png

First off.. I'm not wether from the USA or UK, and my natural language is not english - but I hope that you do understand me even though!

My acne began back in the start of 2012 I guess, and it developed exponentially, really. It was/is very hard for me to tackle this, and it affects me lot as regards to behavior, etc. Then first off I went to the pharmacy and bought some benzoyl peroxide, first 5% and later on the 10% - and no one did help my acne, and my acne kept developing. I went to my doctor and got some stronger benzoyl peroxide prescribed, clindoxyl gel to apply every night before bed - it didn't help(I was on this for around 3-5 weeks). Then I was put on clindamycin, some liquid thing to apply on my pimplets - which neither didn't help at all, unfortunately. Then I was put on erythromycin for 3½ months (first month 25 mg and 50 mg afterwards), I told my doctor about absolutely no improvements and I got referred (dont know if this is the right word) to a derm. I had at this time spent a LOT of time searching about different kinds of drug etc, and I thought that Accutane would be good for me, and searched furthermore about the accutane side effects etc. 

Then today I had this appointment with my derm (I have been looking forward to this a VERY lot), and I really hoped that he would prescribe me accutane. First off he just talked about pimplets in genereal and how they occured. Then he suggested me Accutane at first (I didn't even have to talk about the affecting), and I was so relieved and thankful! I needed to go through some blood test before the start of the course, so I went to my doctor right after for a blood test, and my derm will have the results tomorrow. which means that I'm starting tomorrow!!! I'm so excited, really! I was put on 40 mg a day the first bit of time, and then he would consider later on about gaining in mg's etc. I was told that the course will run for 4-5 moths, which is alright I guess. 

I've been reading a lot of personal logs in this acne community, and I'm so amazed about a lot of the results, which just maked me even more ecited! biggrin.png I bought some products today at the pharmacy that my derm suggested me, and will buy some more products tomorrow, hehe biggrin.png

I am looking forward to this journey, and hopefully it will clear up my acne - HOPEFULLY! 

PICTURES OF ME AROUND 2-3 WEEKS AGO (LOOKS LIKE THIS TODAY):

med_gallery_356821_13297_89425.jpg

med_gallery_356821_13297_182975.jpg

med_gallery_356821_13297_198514.jpg

med_gallery_356821_13297_149670.jpg

If you guys have any question, then feel free to ask smile.png And if anyone of you has any advice that you would like to give, it would be appreciated a LOT!

Thanks you for your attention, have a very nice day smile.png

Edited by Joy4ever, 14 November 2013 - 06:47 AM.

- Accutane start: 13 November 2013wub.png 

Weight: 70 kg - Cumulative dose: 148 mg/kg

Month 0-1 - 40mg

Month 1-2 - 40mg

Month 2-2½ - 40 mg

Month 2½-3 - 80mg

Month 3-4 -80 mg

Month 4-5 - 80 mg

Month 5-5½ - 80 mg

Clear of acne - but still struggling with red marks/scars :)

Smile!biggrin.png

#2 kenzie63

kenzie63

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:http://kenzieaccutanejornal.weebly.com

Posted 12 November 2013 - 02:16 PM

Awesome! I just started mine too, what MG are you on?

Treatment Start: November 7th, 2013

Month 1 - 40mg daily 

Month 2 - 80 mg / 40 mg daily rotating 

Month 3 - 80 mg / 40 mg daily rotating 

Month 4 - 80 mg / 40 mg daily rotating 

Month 5 - 80 mg / 40 mg daily rotating  

SAT NAM 

#3 Joy4ever

Joy4ever

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 12 November 2013 - 02:43 PM

Nice, Im so excited. Im on 40 mg A Day, and what about you?:)

Month 0-1 - 40mg

Month 1-2 - 40mg

Month 2-2½ - 40 mg

Month 2½-3 - 80mg

Month 3-4 -80 mg

Month 4-5 - 80 mg

Month 5-5½ - 80 mg

Smile!biggrin.png

#4 Joy4ever

Joy4ever

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 13 November 2013 - 08:19 AM

DAY 1 (YAAAY)

Soo.. I called my derm today, and he had got the results from the blood test - it was all fine. Then I went to the pharmacy finally to get accutane! And now I've just took my first pill, it's an amazing feeling... Im so excited, and i have just started my journey! Wish me luck biggrin.pngbiggrin.png

Furthermore I bought some bio oil, any tips about applying? I am planning to was my face at night, then apply the bio oil and let it soak. Then apply my mousturizer and go to bed (and of course applying lip balm etc.) I have also bought a nice body lotion to apply at my body (of course, lol)

Please let accutane help meeeeee smile.png

Edited by Joy4ever, 13 November 2013 - 01:31 PM.

Month 0-1 - 40mg

Month 1-2 - 40mg

Month 2-2½ - 40 mg

Month 2½-3 - 80mg

Month 3-4 -80 mg

Month 4-5 - 80 mg

Month 5-5½ - 80 mg

Smile!biggrin.png

#5 Joy4ever

Joy4ever

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:41 AM

DAY 2

Haven't really felt any side effects yet (obviously I guess).. I tried applying the bio oil yesterday afternoon, but since my skin still is very oily, I think I will wait till it's getting more dry (hopefully it it will because of accutane :D) I tried my body lotion, lip balm and face mousturizer (I swear I never remember hot the word is spelled :D), that I am going to use while on accutane. The lip balm and and body lotion felt very good! I dont think that I will use the face mousturizer I have bought yet, because my oily skin, and the mousturizer is for dry-very dry skin, so I'm just using my old mousturizer for oily skin, then when the side effects kicks in I switch :D ANd start to use bio oil.. I'm so excited!!! weeeehhh.. I have started drinking whole milk (dont know if this is the word), but it's the milk with the highest fat-containing.. It's better when taking the pills, my derm said :) Everything is fine so far, I have like 4-5 white heads on my face on jawline and chin, but it's okay, they're not big at all :)

Hope that everyone of you have a nice day :)

Month 0-1 - 40mg

Month 1-2 - 40mg

Month 2-2½ - 40 mg

Month 2½-3 - 80mg

Month 3-4 -80 mg

Month 4-5 - 80 mg

Month 5-5½ - 80 mg

Smile!biggrin.png

#6 kenzie63

kenzie63

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:25 AM

Nice, Im so excited. Im on 40 mg A Day, and what about you?smile.png

I'm on 40 mg a day as well surprised.gif  I'm taking Claravis... Today actually marks my week point in treatment!cheer.gif  

DAY 2

Haven't really felt any side effects yet (obviously I guess).. I tried applying the bio oil yesterday afternoon, but since my skin still is very oily, I think I will wait till it's getting more dry (hopefully it it will because of accutane biggrin.png) I tried my body lotion, lip balm and face mousturizer (I swear I never remember hot the word is spelled biggrin.png), that I am going to use while on accutane. The lip balm and and body lotion felt very good! I dont think that I will use the face mousturizer I have bought yet, because my oily skin, and the mousturizer is for dry-very dry skin, so I'm just using my old mousturizer for oily skin, then when the side effects kicks in I switch biggrin.png ANd start to use bio oil.. I'm so excited!!! weeeehhh.. I have started drinking whole milk (dont know if this is the word), but it's the milk with the highest fat-containing.. It's better when taking the pills, my derm said smile.png Everything is fine so far, I have like 4-5 white heads on my face on jawline and chin, but it's okay, they're not big at all smile.png

Hope that everyone of you have a nice day smile.png

Sorry I just read this post after I already commented, but did your derm say why he recommended whole milk? 

Month 1 - 40mg daily 

SAT NAM 

#7 Joy4ever

Joy4ever

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:33 PM

Nice, Im so excited. Im on 40 mg A Day, and what about you?:)

I'm on 40 mg a day as well :surprised:  I'm taking Claravis... Today actually marks my week point in treatment!:Siava:  

DAY 2

Haven't really felt any side effects yet (obviously I guess).. I tried applying the bio oil yesterday afternoon, but since my skin still is very oily, I think I will wait till it's getting more dry (hopefully it it will because of accutane :D) I tried my body lotion, lip balm and face mousturizer (I swear I never remember hot the word is spelled :D), that I am going to use while on accutane. The lip balm and and body lotion felt very good! I dont think that I will use the face mousturizer I have bought yet, because my oily skin, and the mousturizer is for dry-very dry skin, so I'm just using my old mousturizer for oily skin, then when the side effects kicks in I switch :D ANd start to use bio oil.. I'm so excited!!! weeeehhh.. I have started drinking whole milk (dont know if this is the word), but it's the milk with the highest fat-containing.. It's better when taking the pills, my derm said :) Everything is fine so far, I have like 4-5 white heads on my face on jawline and chin, but it's okay, they're not big at all :)

Hope that everyone of you have a nice day :)

Sorry I just read this post after I already commented, but did your derm say why he recommended whole milk? 

Congrats on your 1 week mark! have you experienced any side effects so far?? And what is Claravis btw?:)

My derm told me that it was better for the absorbing of the pill(do u understand me?:)) and he actually told me it was quit important, so Im just drinking A glass of whole milk for dinner and breakfast, and obviously whole milk with oats.

Month 0-1 - 40mg

Month 1-2 - 40mg

Month 2-2½ - 40 mg

Month 2½-3 - 80mg

Month 3-4 -80 mg

Month 4-5 - 80 mg

Month 5-5½ - 80 mg

Smile!biggrin.png

#8 kenzie63

kenzie63

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:53 PM

Congrats on your 1 week mark! have you experienced any side effects so far?? And what is Claravis btw?smile.png

My derm told me that it was better for the absorbing of the pill(do u understand me?smile.png) and he actually told me it was quit important, so Im just drinking A glass of whole milk for dinner and breakfast, and obviously whole milk with oats.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thank you! Claravis is the brand of 'Tane I am using. I haven't had any side effect so far, which really surprised me because I have heard a lot of people that start out at low dosage and work up to 40mg. But yet again it is only week one! Yes I understand you, your english is great! But that's interesting about the milk thing.

Month 1 - 40mg daily 

SAT NAM 

#9 Joy4ever

Joy4ever

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:34 PM

Congrats on your 1 week mark! have you experienced any side effects so far?? And what is Claravis btw?smile.png

My derm told me that it was better for the absorbing of the pill(do u understand me?smile.png) and he actually told me it was quit important, so Im just drinking A glass of whole milk for dinner and breakfast, and obviously whole milk with oats.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thank you! Claravis is the brand of 'Tane I am using. I haven't had any side effect so far, which really surprised me because I have heard a lot of people that start out at low dosage and work up to 40mg. But yet again it is only week one! Yes I understand you, your english is great! But that's interesting about the milk thing.

Ohh Alright.. You have only been taking the pills for 1 week, side effects will probably soon kick in.. So much patience as regards to acne, unfortunately.. I dont know which brand I'm using, lol :D

Month 0-1 - 40mg

Month 1-2 - 40mg

Month 2-2½ - 40 mg

Month 2½-3 - 80mg

Month 3-4 -80 mg

Month 4-5 - 80 mg

Month 5-5½ - 80 mg

Smile!biggrin.png

#10 kenzie63

kenzie63

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 November 2013 - 02:39 PM

Ugggggh not looking forward to side effects!! REALLY nervous!! Feel like my face is already kinda getting better tho?? Have you felt any side effects even though its only been like 3 days? 

Month 1 - 40mg daily 

SAT NAM 

#11 Joy4ever

Joy4ever

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:05 PM

Ugggggh not looking forward to side effects!! REALLY nervous!! Feel like my face is already kinda getting better tho?? Have you felt any side effects even though its only been like 3 days? 

Absolutely no side effects yet.. Im also very nervous, cause my skin so oily and it has always been oily, so getting dry skin seems unimaginable for me.. Better skin already? Well thats just very Nice I guess, thumbs up :)

Good Night :)

Month 0-1 - 40mg

Month 1-2 - 40mg

Month 2-2½ - 40 mg

Month 2½-3 - 80mg

Month 3-4 -80 mg

Month 4-5 - 80 mg

Month 5-5½ - 80 mg

Smile!biggrin.png

#12 Joy4ever

Joy4ever

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 17 November 2013 - 02:01 PM

Day 4
I have been taking accutane for 4 days now, and i guess side effects soon are starting to kick in. My nostrils have become very dry, and i have applied vaseline because of the dryness. Actually dont know if this is due to accutane, but i hope it is :D
My skin is not as oily as before. I Will be taking some new photos at wednesday i guess. Sorry for the short message, but i have A very little amount of time at the moment.

Good Night everyone :)

Month 0-1 - 40mg

Month 1-2 - 40mg

Month 2-2½ - 40 mg

Month 2½-3 - 80mg

Month 3-4 -80 mg

Month 4-5 - 80 mg

Month 5-5½ - 80 mg

Smile!biggrin.png

#13 Aventus

Aventus

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 November 2013 - 12:05 PM

'mirin

#14 kenzie63

kenzie63

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 November 2013 - 04:38 PM

Day 4
I have been taking accutane for 4 days now, and i guess side effects soon are starting to kick in. My nostrils have become very dry, and i have applied vaseline because of the dryness. Actually dont know if this is due to accutane, but i hope it is biggrin.png
My skin is not as oily as before. I Will be taking some new photos at wednesday i guess. Sorry for the short message, but i have A very little amount of time at the moment.

Good Night everyone smile.png

Ok I spoke too soon on face getting better I think haha.... no overall face dryness tho?? Weird!! I apply aquaphor on my lips like no ones buisness tho because I can NOT stand dry lips... just trying to prevent! I can't believe you are already feeling the dryness! Funny how the drug effect people different 

Month 1 - 40mg daily 

SAT NAM 

#15 Joy4ever

Joy4ever

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 19 November 2013 - 09:15 AM

Day 4
I have been taking accutane for 4 days now, and i guess side effects soon are starting to kick in. My nostrils have become very dry, and i have applied vaseline because of the dryness. Actually dont know if this is due to accutane, but i hope it is biggrin.png

Good Night everyone smile.png

Ok I spoke too soon on face getting better I think haha.... no overall face dryness tho?? Weird!! I apply aquaphor on my lips like no ones buisness tho because I can NOT stand dry lips... just trying to prevent! I can't believe you are already feeling the dryness! Funny how the drug effect people different 

So you haven't felt any difference to your face as regards dryness?? My nose was very oily before because of the blackheads.. Now I think that they're on their way out and my nose is not even oily anymore.. It's great.. I had a small breakout this morning, even though it's small it annoys me, and it's hard to keep my fingers away.. :( How far are you into your course so far? :)

Month 0-1 - 40mg

Month 1-2 - 40mg

Month 2-2½ - 40 mg

Month 2½-3 - 80mg

Month 3-4 -80 mg

Month 4-5 - 80 mg

Month 5-5½ - 80 mg

Smile!biggrin.png

#16 kenzie63

kenzie63

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 November 2013 - 11:53 AM

So you haven't felt any difference to your face as regards dryness?? My nose was very oily before because of the blackheads.. Now I think that they're on their way out and my nose is not even oily anymore.. It's great.. I had a small breakout this morning, even though it's small it annoys me, and it's hard to keep my fingers away.. sad.png How far are you into your course so far? smile.png

Nope nothing when it comes to dryness on my face... Maybe oilier because I do apply Cetaphil moisturizer morning and night just to prevent dryness. But it's kinda crazy, I was expecting to be as dry and dry by now? That is great! I feel the same, like I am getting small breakouts but I know they are on their way out so I'm like GOOD be GONE!! I'm the worst at keeping my hands off, mostly with the white heads too.. I started my course Nov 7th :) So this Thursday will be my second week.. haha I hate saying that. I have a LONG road ahead of me... I have heard lots of people say that they started to notice a difference, like no active acne by like week 5... So we are almost there! I have my first doctors app this coming monday so pretty excited to see what he will say about my progress! 

Month 1 - 40mg daily 

SAT NAM 

#17 Joy4ever

Joy4ever

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 20 November 2013 - 03:21 AM

Uhhh.. 2 weeks Nice, 1 week today here. I have Got 2 Big pimples this morning, it sucks.. But hey? As you Said they are just on their Way out!! Just crossing my fingers and hoping for the Best. How long are u going to be on accutane??

Have A Nice Day ;)

Month 0-1 - 40mg

Month 1-2 - 40mg

Month 2-2½ - 40 mg

Month 2½-3 - 80mg

Month 3-4 -80 mg

Month 4-5 - 80 mg

Month 5-5½ - 80 mg

Smile!biggrin.png

#18 kenzie63

kenzie63

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 November 2013 - 09:27 AM

Uhhh.. 2 weeks Nice, 1 week today here. I have Got 2 Big pimples this morning, it sucks.. But hey? As you Said they are just on their Way out!! Just crossing my fingers and hoping for the Best. How long are u going to be on accutane??

Have A Nice Day wink.png

Yep just on their way out! I have noticed some bigger ones on me as well, but its kinda cool because I have those few spots but everywhere else already looks better! (in my mind at least, who knows) I have 1 friend that said she didn't even get her IB until like week 3, but then again its a 50/50 chance you will even get an IB. For me my face now isn't worse than it was before I started, probably more cystic BUT I think its because I had a lot of lurking around under the skin stuff that my skin is saying "get the hell outta here!" yay, go skin bouncer haha my doctor said I will probably be on it for 5 months... so April come fast haha I'm ready for clear skin NOW!! You're only on it 90 days?

Edited by kenzie63, 20 November 2013 - 09:28 AM.

Month 1 - 40mg daily 

SAT NAM 

#19 Joy4ever

Joy4ever

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 21 November 2013 - 08:22 AM

Have A Nice Day wink.png

Yep just on their way out! I have noticed some bigger ones on me as well, but its kinda cool because I have those few spots but everywhere else already looks better! (in my mind at least, who knows) I have 1 friend that said she didn't even get her IB until like week 3, but then again its a 50/50 chance you will even get an IB. For me my face now isn't worse than it was before I started, probably more cystic BUT I think its because I had a lot of lurking around under the skin stuff that my skin is saying "get the hell outta here!" yay, go skin bouncer haha my doctor said I will probably be on it for 5 months... so April come fast haha I'm ready for clear skin NOW!! You're only on it 90 days?

No, I just got pills for 90 days so far.. ACtually i do not know exactly if I should raise my daily mg?? My next appointment is at 28 january, I think i'm calling the derm tomorrow.. He hasn't even told me anything about blood test?? I thought it was needed after the 1st month?? Strange..

But I'm on 4-5 months he said, soo.... april come fast!! :D Summer 2014 is going to be amaaaaazing :)

Month 0-1 - 40mg

Month 1-2 - 40mg

Month 2-2½ - 40 mg

Month 2½-3 - 80mg

Month 3-4 -80 mg

Month 4-5 - 80 mg

Month 5-5½ - 80 mg

Smile!biggrin.png

#20 kenzie63

kenzie63

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 November 2013 - 09:59 AM

No, I just got pills for 90 days so far.. ACtually i do not know exactly if I should raise my daily mg?? My next appointment is at 28 january, I think i'm calling the derm tomorrow.. He hasn't even told me anything about blood test?? I thought it was needed after the 1st month?? Strange..

But I'm on 4-5 months he said, soo.... april come fast!! biggrin.png Summer 2014 is going to be amaaaaazing smile.png

Awesome we will finish the same time!! Summer is going to be AMAZING!! I actually was thinking about that the other day haha BUT that's really strange that he was like "Here's 90 days worth, see ya later." I think you're supposed to get a blood test every month? Idk tho, my first derm app is Monday unsure.png I half hope we ups my dose so that it just clears sooner, but at the same time I hope he doesn't because I don't want a BAD IB and for my symptoms to get worse because right now they are for sure livable. We will see what he has to say! Keep the positive thoughts up and let me know what your derm says when you call!hifive.gif

Month 1 - 40mg daily 

SAT NAM 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users