#21 kenzie63

kenzie63

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:http://kenzieaccutanejornal.weebly.com

Posted 02 January 2014 - 04:55 PM

WEEK 7

So I have been on the rotating 40 mg then 80 mg every other day routine and let me just say that NOW I think I am getting my IB. So much for saying I was pretty much happy with my skin last week. My skin is SO bad right now, and any pimple I get is SUPER painful and a lot of cystic stuff, which is probably just because the MUCH higher mg's is really kicking my skins butt. It's really hard right now though, I don't want anyone to see my face without makeup, nor with makeup at this point. Skin is so uneven that sometimes I feel that the makeup makes it look worse. Skin is starting to really flake around irritated areas, I have been feeling very down the past couple days. My skin bothers me so much that I don't want to go out of the house, see my friends, and have considered stopping things with this guy I am dating because I am so self conscious about it... Hopefully things get better from here... One positive is my 21st birthday is in 4 weeks from today, the 30th. Yes I do plan on drinking a little so I hope it's ok... Anyone have experience with drinking while on it? HAPPY NEW YEAR! Hopefully this year ends with clear skin... hifive.gif 

I'm super embarrassed of my photos, but hopefully in a couple months I can look back and it will be good to have to look back on my improvement and how worth it this whole journey was, hopefully. eusa_pray.gif 

(Be sure to check out my pictures under my Weebly blog that's link is in my interests part of my profile) 

Edited by kenzie63, 02 January 2014 - 04:56 PM.

#22 darkknight07

darkknight07

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 January 2014 - 07:53 PM

Hello smile.png

I'm a 21 year old male and finished my accutane treatment exactly one year ago. I know exactly how you feel! I experienced exactly what you're describing and yes, those cysts are really annoying. The acne is purging from underneath your skin and this is probably the worst condition your face will ever be in (fingers crossed).  

I also understand your attitude and how you don't want to leave the house. I was the same exact way... avoided seeing all my friends and stayed at home until my skin calmed down. Lucky for you, though, it's the winter and you won't have to stay locked up in the house during the summertime like me haha. It was really depressing. Happy (almost) birthday smile.png you should be fine if you drink a bit of alcohol but don't drink too much. I drank a few times while on accutane and the one time I got hammered I was hungover for like 3 days neutral.gif horrible experience. You don't want to damage your liver so just drink lightly (I'd say < or equal to 3 or 4 shots of alcohol and you should be fine). 

Keep your head up. You can get through this and just think of how you'll be acne free in 4 or 5 months. It worked for me and I hope it will work for you. Good luck!

Edited by darkknight07, 02 January 2014 - 07:54 PM.

#23 kenzie63

kenzie63

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:http://kenzieaccutanejornal.weebly.com

Posted 03 January 2014 - 02:10 PM

DarkKnight,

You just freaking made my day!! Thanks so much for such a positive outlook, you are right things could always be worse! At least it's not summer and by summer I will have clear skin! You rock and thanks for the positive comments and letting me know about drinking!!

#24 Aventus

Aventus

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 January 2014 - 10:14 PM

update?

#25 Joy4ever

Joy4ever

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:53 PM

So how are you doing, kenzie? It has been a while since you've upated, hope that everything is fine :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users