#1 kenzie63

kenzie63

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:http://kenzieaccutanejornal.weebly.com

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:02 AM

DAY 1

Hey everyone! I started 'Tane last Thursday at 40mg with the brand Claravis. I started a online journal with Weebly so it will always be able to keep my pictures, sometimes after time I've noticed pictures don't work on this site. I always want to keep track of my journey! If you want to see my photos go to my blog, the link is on my interests on my profile. But other than that I will just copy and paste my weekly symptoms on to this log! It's going to be nice to have a community behind me to go thru this with me, honestly I'm really nervous but I hope it works! No symptoms as of now but we will see how the rest of treatment goes! gasp.gif

Edited by kenzie63, 14 November 2013 - 10:24 AM.

Treatment Start: November 7th, 2013

Month 1 - 40mg daily 

Month 2 - 80 mg / 40 mg daily rotating 

Month 3 - 80 mg / 40 mg daily rotating 

Month 4 - 80 mg / 40 mg daily rotating 

Month 5 - 80 mg / 40 mg daily rotating  

SAT NAM 

#2 kenzie63

kenzie63

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 November 2013 - 09:11 AM

Ok it hasn't been my full week yet but I was just curious if anyone knows any tips to help the pain of cystic acne go away. I had the cystic acne right before my treatment started but I feel as if the meds may have increased the size/pain of them? One it RIGHT by my mouth so it hurts all the time! Any advice? Thanks!

Month 1 - 40mg daily 

SAT NAM 

#3 kenzie63

kenzie63

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:23 AM

DAY 7

Ok so it's been a week since I started my magic pills, yay! So far this week hasn't been that bad? I haven't really noticed any differences in my acne.. It really isn't worse or better. I still have some leftover cystic stuff and I feel like my cheeks have somewhat gotten better? But when I do get a new zit they seem to hurt worse than usual? But a new zit popping up everyday isn't anything new to me, so not sure if it's the Accutane helping or just my normal skin. I have been applying Aquaphor on my lips religiously to prevent dry lips; I CAN NOT stand my lips being chapped. I also have been applying Cetaphil lotion morning and night along with their gentle cleanser to just keep the extra moisture. Yet again at this point it's just preventative because I haven't felt dry; yet. If anything I feel really oily, but I'm too afraid to not apply the moisturizer. Dry skin and I do not get along, every time I ever used a topical that dried me out I would scrub my face until all the dead skin was off, which wouldn't be the best idea while on this drug. I also still continue to workout for an hour everyday with no joint problems (that was a huge concern of mine!)  Well, anyway,  posted on my Weebly blog is some updated pics of my skin. Let's hope that it keeps up with the symptoms I have now, practically none!eusa_pray.gif  (I can't figure out how to upload pics on here with just using my desktop and not an URL, so for updated pics check out my Weebly page, link under my interests rolleyes.gif )

Edited by kenzie63, 14 November 2013 - 10:25 AM.

Month 1 - 40mg daily 

SAT NAM 

#4 Aventus

Aventus

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:50 PM

DAY 7

Ok so it's been a week since I started my magic pills, yay! So far this week hasn't been that bad? I haven't really noticed any differences in my acne.. It really isn't worse or better. I still have some leftover cystic stuff and I feel like my cheeks have somewhat gotten better? But when I do get a new zit they seem to hurt worse than usual? But a new zit popping up everyday isn't anything new to me, so not sure if it's the Accutane helping or just my normal skin. I have been applying Aquaphor on my lips religiously to prevent dry lips; I CAN NOT stand my lips being chapped. I also have been applying Cetaphil lotion morning and night along with their gentle cleanser to just keep the extra moisture. Yet again at this point it's just preventative because I haven't felt dry; yet. If anything I feel really oily, but I'm too afraid to not apply the moisturizer. Dry skin and I do not get along, every time I ever used a topical that dried me out I would scrub my face until all the dead skin was off, which wouldn't be the best idea while on this drug. I also still continue to workout for an hour everyday with no joint problems (that was a huge concern of mine!)  Well, anyway,  posted on my Weebly blog is some updated pics of my skin. Let's hope that it keeps up with the symptoms I have now, practically none!eusa_pray.gif  (I can't figure out how to upload pics on here with just using my desktop and not an URL, so for updated pics check out my Weebly page, link under my interests rolleyes.gif )

I started getting side effects at about week 2. Just dry skin and lips though. Nothing too bad. My acne did get worse around then too. I'm in week 5 right now and I can see real improvement in my skin.

There isn't all that much you can do about the pain from the cysts, but just wait it out. It will get better faster than you'd expect. Can't wait to be clear of this shit. Good luck!

Edit: just noticed you're in the SL,UT. hifive.gif

Edited by Aventus, 14 November 2013 - 03:51 PM.

#5 kenzie63

kenzie63

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 November 2013 - 12:18 PM

I started getting side effects at about week 2. Just dry skin and lips though. Nothing too bad. My acne did get worse around then too. I'm in week 5 right now and I can see real improvement in my skin.

There isn't all that much you can do about the pain from the cysts, but just wait it out. It will get better faster than you'd expect. Can't wait to be clear of this shit. Good luck!

Haha yes SL,UT. Nice! SO you noticed an IB around 2 weeks? I feel like my skin has gotten a little oiler but actually more clear? But who knows! I will probably be a dried up zit freak next week, one can only hope haha. I can't wait to get rid of it either. SO DONE!! Good luck to you too!!

Month 1 - 40mg daily 

SAT NAM 

#6 Aventus

Aventus

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 November 2013 - 12:32 PM

Haha yes SL,UT. Nice! SO you noticed an IB around 2 weeks? I feel like my skin has gotten a little oiler but actually more clear? But who knows! I will probably be a dried up zit freak next week, one can only hope haha. I can't wait to get rid of it either. SO DONE!! Good luck to you too!!

Yeah, it wasn't even that bad though. I don't think mine got oilier, but I bet yours wll start drying out in a week or so. Did your derm warn you about the possibility of your tats peeling off?

#7 kenzie63

kenzie63

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 November 2013 - 02:27 PM

Yeah, it wasn't even that bad though. I don't think mine got oilier, but I bet yours wll start drying out in a week or so. Did your derm warn you about the possibility of your tats peeling off?

WHAT?? NO.. he did NOT inform me of this.. he just said I can't get tattooed until I'm done... I'm freaking out now.. I have my sleeve and my whole back done... along with small other ones!! I love my tattoos!!! sad.png Also! I'm glad you said your IB wasn't that bad! How would you describe it? 

Edited by kenzie63, 15 November 2013 - 02:31 PM.

Month 1 - 40mg daily 

SAT NAM 

#8 Aventus

Aventus

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 November 2013 - 03:26 PM

WHAT?? NO.. he did NOT inform me of this.. he just said I can't get tattooed until I'm done... I'm freaking out now.. I have my sleeve and my whole back done... along with small other ones!! I love my tattoos!!! sad.png Also! I'm glad you said your IB wasn't that bad! How would you describe it? 

Haha sorry that was mean. I'm just fucking with you. You're tat is pretty sexy though.

My initialy breakout probably had a 50% increase in the amount of acne I had. And it seemed to take longer to go away too. I just didn't leave the house for a couple weeks haha.

#9 kenzie63

kenzie63

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 November 2013 - 12:11 AM

Haha sorry that was mean. I'm just fucking with you. You're tat is pretty sexy though.

My initialy breakout probably had a 50% increase in the amount of acne I had. And it seemed to take longer to go away too. I just didn't leave the house for a couple weeks haha.

THAT WAS NOT FUNNY!! haha seriously!! But thank you, quite proud of my tattoos! I have an amazing artist and love to show them, I about had a heart attack when you said that!! Ugggh that makes me kinda sad haha my face is kinda getting worse, not a whole lot with whiteheads, some here and there but mostly getting many cystic ones! It blows! So you got your IB around week 2 and it lasted like 2 weeks and now your face is better? I just want to get over the IB so badly haha I also feel like mine are taking FOREVER to heal. Had this cystic one by my mouth since I started it and it hasn't gone down/ come to a head and it's driving me NUTS 

Month 1 - 40mg daily 

SAT NAM 

#10 Aventus

Aventus

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 November 2013 - 12:09 PM

THAT WAS NOT FUNNY!! haha seriously!! But thank you, quite proud of my tattoos! I have an amazing artist and love to show them, I about had a heart attack when you said that!! Ugggh that makes me kinda sad haha my face is kinda getting worse, not a whole lot with whiteheads, some here and there but mostly getting many cystic ones! It blows! So you got your IB around week 2 and it lasted like 2 weeks and now your face is better? I just want to get over the IB so badly haha I also feel like mine are taking FOREVER to heal. Had this cystic one by my mouth since I started it and it hasn't gone down/ come to a head and it's driving me NUTS 

Post the rest of your tats next time you update your blog. Yeah though the IB lasted about two weeks. My face is now getting better. Probably half as much acne as I had when I first started.

Keep an eye on the cyst by your lip. If it doesn't get better in a few days, it might be worth it to give your derm a call. They could inject it with steroids and get rid of it pretty quick.

#11 kenzie63

kenzie63

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 November 2013 - 02:23 PM

Post the rest of your tats next time you update your blog. Yeah though the IB lasted about two weeks. My face is now getting better. Probably half as much acne as I had when I first started.

Keep an eye on the cyst by your lip. If it doesn't get better in a few days, it might be worth it to give your derm a call. They could inject it with steroids and get rid of it pretty quick.

Ok I will, I just finished my back (for now) too so I got some good pics. I did my last session the first day I started 'Tane. I feel like mine is definitely getting worse? I never really had whiteheads before until now. DEF have my cystic ones that HURT. I can't not pop the whiteheads, I'm kinda scared because of what people have said but I can't leave the whiteheads alone... ! So you started to see improvement in about week 5?

Month 1 - 40mg daily 

SAT NAM 

#12 Aventus

Aventus

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:21 PM

Ok I will, I just finished my back (for now) too so I got some good pics. I did my last session the first day I started 'Tane. I feel like mine is definitely getting worse? I never really had whiteheads before until now. DEF have my cystic ones that HURT. I can't not pop the whiteheads, I'm kinda scared because of what people have said but I can't leave the whiteheads alone... ! So you started to see improvement in about week 5?

I think as long as you are being careful when popping your whiteheads, then you should be okay. You just don't want to do damage to the tissue surroinding the white head. Try putting a towel with warm water on the whitehead for a few minutes then "popping" it. Usually makes it a whole lot easier to pop and hurts a fuckton less.

Yeah, I started seeing improvement last weekish. So end of week 4/beginning of week 5. I also started growing a beard around that time though so maybe that played a role. The power of the beard.

#13 kenzie63

kenzie63

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 November 2013 - 10:01 AM

DAY 14

Well week 2 down, like 18 more to go... if you say it like that it's quite depressing haha anyway... So far on Accutane my journey hasn't been that bad. Yes I still do have acne BUT I feel like its minimized since I first started my treatment. If anything it's my own fault that my acne looks worse because I CAN NOT stand white heads so I pop them and make them look more red, don't worry I soak them and such before doing so. (Still I know, not a good thing.) I have noticed the same amount of dryness on my lips, nothing bad like peeling just tight so I am sure to always have the Aquaphor handy. I have noticed some drying of my face, again not serious just feel like if I were to wash my face with a real stripping cleanser, but lather on some Cetaphil cream/lotion day and night and it feels fine. Have started to notice a 'Tane overall face redness, and sometimes my face gets super itchy?? Plus from time to time I do have back pain, but that could be from my workouts too? Nothing too bad yet, I hope it stays this way! Attached I have recent pictures from this morning, some of the read spots are just healing, I don't have too many actual active ones right now. I also am going to attach a pic of a horoscope I got the other day that made me think of my 'Tane journey, and asked by one of the acne.org memebers I attached pictures of all my tattoos.

(​FOR ALL PICS GO TO MY BLOG, under my Interests. I just copy and paste my text from my blog.grinwink.gif 

Ps my first derm app to see how things are going is on Monday, wish me luck! eusa_pray.gif 

Edited by kenzie63, 21 November 2013 - 10:03 AM.

Month 1 - 40mg daily 

SAT NAM 

#14 Aventus

Aventus

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 November 2013 - 01:33 PM

DAY 14

Well week 2 down, like 18 more to go... if you say it like that it's quite depressing haha anyway... So far on Accutane my journey hasn't been that bad. Yes I still do have acne BUT I feel like its minimized since I first started my treatment. If anything it's my own fault that my acne looks worse because I CAN NOT stand white heads so I pop them and make them look more red, don't worry I soak them and such before doing so. (Still I know, not a good thing.) I have noticed the same amount of dryness on my lips, nothing bad like peeling just tight so I am sure to always have the Aquaphor handy. I have noticed some drying of my face, again not serious just feel like if I were to wash my face with a real stripping cleanser, but lather on some Cetaphil cream/lotion day and night and it feels fine. Have started to notice a 'Tane overall face redness, and sometimes my face gets super itchy?? Plus from time to time I do have back pain, but that could be from my workouts too? Nothing too bad yet, I hope it stays this way! Attached I have recent pictures from this morning, some of the read spots are just healing, I don't have too many actual active ones right now. I also am going to attach a pic of a horoscope I got the other day that made me think of my 'Tane journey, and asked by one of the acne.org memebers I attached pictures of all my tattoos.

(​FOR ALL PICS GO TO MY BLOG, under my Interests. I just copy and paste my text from my blog.grinwink.gif 

Ps my first derm app to see how things are going is on Monday, wish me luck! eusa_pray.gif 

I think you're just starting your IB. Enjoy it haha.

Also, your lion tat is magestic as fuck.

#15 kenzie63

kenzie63

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 November 2013 - 12:26 PM

I think you're just starting your IB. Enjoy it haha.

Also, your lion tat is magestic as fuck.

You think!? I haven't noticed anymore acne? Actually a lot of it isn't even active anymore. Today is the first time I have worn makeup in a week and I'm def feeling the dryness.. But I didn't really moisturize before hand because it usually makes me SUPER oily with my makeup. So not to self, always moisturize now haha and thank you "magestic as fuck" is what I was going for ;P

Month 1 - 40mg daily 

SAT NAM 

#16 kenzie63

kenzie63

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 December 2013 - 04:48 PM

DAY 31

Sorry I haven't updated in so long! Been so busy with Thanksgiving and what not. All I am going to say is how frustrated with my doctor I am...I had my first appointment and it took 2 seconds and he said that he bets by our second visit I will see huge improvements in my skin... well they never told me I have to have my RX filled within 7 days of my appointment so now I have to wait until DECEMBER 18th to get my RX filled... I'm so mad. Especially because I feel like I hit my IB and my skin looks so bad and I was so excited to have more clear skin for the holidays, now I am yet another week behind my estimated time to stop the treatment. Overall my symptoms really aren't bad and nothing else really to update besides the new pics... Keep in touch everyone! 

Month 1 - 40mg daily 

SAT NAM 

#17 Aventus

Aventus

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 December 2013 - 02:19 AM

That's shitty. So are you completely out of accutane then? Hopefully it doesn't push your treatment back too far. My skin is dry as fuck right now. Like when I workout the sweat stings haha. I've been using some moisturizer that has been helping a lot though.

#18 kenzie63

kenzie63

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 December 2013 - 08:30 AM

That's shitty. So are you completely out of accutane then? Hopefully it doesn't push your treatment back too far. My skin is dry as fuck right now. Like when I workout the sweat stings haha. I've been using some moisturizer that has been helping a lot though.

Really?? Thats horrible! I'm glad I am not that dry! And yeah I am completely out, I took my last pill saturday night... LUCKILY I flipped a bitch and called them again and they got me in yesterday... I was supposed to get my new pills yesterday but they forgot to update my iPledge system, that thing is BULL SHIT. You're so lucky you're a guy and don't  have to deal with that. HOPEFULLY I can get ahold of them today and have them put in my test so I can go get my pills... OH! He also upped me to 60 mg, a 30mg pill 2 times a day and said that that is what my mg will be for the rest of treatment. I literally cried when they couldn't see me at first haha I want this to be over and to have nice skin ASAP  

Month 1 - 40mg daily 

SAT NAM 

#19 kenzie63

kenzie63

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 December 2013 - 04:45 PM

​MIDWEEK UPDATE (FEMALE FUTURE 'TANE USERS READ THIS!!)

Here is a quick little update that I just wanted to let females that are going to do Accutane know about... iPledge sucks and is almost ridiculous. I understand why they do it, but holy cow it has been HELL to get my second months worth of pills. I am currently on day 5 without taking any pills because it's been so difficult. I started my treatment a week and a half after I told my doctor I was going to because I wanted to finish my last tattoo appointment before I started, which was a week and a half out. SO after my tattoo I started the meds, when my first check up rolled around I told the doctor I still had pills left and he said that it was fine to just start my new pills when the old ones are out. So not thinking anything of it I just went on with life and was like "oh I will get new pills when my old ones are out" so I went to fill out my online iPledge and it said I needed another pregnancy test, I assumed my doctor didn't update my account so I called and they said that I had to get my RX filled within 7 days of my pregnancy test. Great. Even better news is at first they couldn't fit me into their schedule for a week and a half. I had a meltdown to say the least. They were able to get me in and after lots of hassle with my insurance I am picking up my new 40 mg pills today. My doctor wants me to switch from taking 80 mg daily to 40 mg, so we will see how my skin reacts. Sorry just had to vent and let everyone know some iPledge rules before they are in my shoes, crying because they don't want their progress to stop.  

Edited by kenzie63, 12 December 2013 - 04:45 PM.

Month 1 - 40mg daily 

SAT NAM 

#20 kenzie63

kenzie63

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 December 2013 - 10:16 AM

WEEK 6

OK! Since it took forever to get my pills I am 1 week behind treatment, that's why I am only at week 6...

Sorry guys I really suck at this whole posting every week thing. I think the overall excitement of the treatment has worn off for me at this point and I am just counting down the days until I am off the treatment. I don't have any BAD side effects all at, just counting down until I have clear skin, pretty much haha. Still my only side effect is drier lips, (not bad though, I just always make sure to have Aquaphor handy) I have to moisturize my face day and night, (Started using Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Oil/Serum at night, and can already tell I LOVE it. Still using Cetaphil moisturizer during the day) and I do get the occasional back pain but it isn't unbearable. I feel like this morning I woke up and it was the first morning I thought "Wow my skin is starting to look better", minus the 2 horns on my head haha. But other than the two on my forehead my skin doesn't really have any active spots, just healing read marks. If I didn't have the healing ones on my fore head I could say I am happy with my skin! Hopefully those ones heal soon and it keeps getting better!

Be sure to check my weebly blog for updated pictures!

Month 1 - 40mg daily 

SAT NAM 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users