Food Allergies/intolerances

12 replies to this topic

#1 ZitsSuck21

ZitsSuck21

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 November 2013 - 01:43 PM

My food intolerances are really starting to effect my skin again lately, does anybody know how  to get rid of intolerances/allergies? I heard liver flushes can get rid of them but also heard that the flushes can cause breakouts :/

#2 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 November 2013 - 05:29 PM

Healing the digestive tract might

#3 ZitsSuck21

ZitsSuck21

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 November 2013 - 06:21 PM

As in using probiotics? Its hard to find a good brand of them :/ Whenever I do get them I never give them a chance to work, they end up causing constipation or more breakouts.

#4 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 November 2013 - 08:55 PM

As in using probiotics? Its hard to find a good brand of them :/ Whenever I do get them I never give them a chance to work, they end up causing constipation or more breakouts.

Probiotics, bone broths, mucilagenous plants, avoiding difficult to digest foods like seeds especially those that contain anti nutrients known to damage the digestive tract like gluten grains, soy, peanuts.

Do you seem to have any health problems? Digestion issues? Fatigue?

#5 Starviolet

Starviolet

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 November 2013 - 09:53 PM

My food intolerances are really starting to effect my skin again lately, does anybody know how  to get rid of intolerances/allergies? I heard liver flushes can get rid of them but also heard that the flushes can cause breakouts :/

Go to an allergist for comprehensive testing so you know for sure.

#6 Starviolet

Starviolet

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 November 2013 - 09:57 PM

How do you know her digestive tract is impaired? Also the leaky gut notion isn't exactly medically sound. A disordered GI tract isn't even related to standard hormonal Acne Vulgaris.

#7 ZitsSuck21

ZitsSuck21

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 November 2013 - 02:41 AM

Mainly constipation and fatigue but when I  exercise and eat well( avoiding dairy,gluten etc) I don't often get these. Any particular supplement that you would recommend to help heal it?

#8 ZitsSuck21

ZitsSuck21

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:32 PM

starviolet, i got tests done during the summer, turns out Im sensitive to almost everything! when I eat the foods Im supposed to stay off I can feel my skin tingle and it starts to itch sometimes.

#9 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 November 2013 - 06:15 PM

Mainly constipation and fatigue but when I  exercise and eat well( avoiding dairy,gluten etc) I don't often get these. Any particular supplement that you would recommend to help heal it?

Not really, I recommend food.  Other than perhaps HCL tablets, but it would be better to stimulate your own digestive acids.  You might consider Aloe Vera a supplement.

You could take some natural antihistimines like vitamin c. And others listed in the Good Things thread,

How do you know her digestive tract is impaired? Also the leaky gut notion isn't exactly medically sound. A disordered GI tract isn't even related to standard hormonal Acne Vulgaris.

I don't know.  It was just a suggestion in response to the question asked.  Chronic inflammation such as that caused by the inflammatory responses triggered by food intolerances are related to acne.  And I don't particularly care what U. S conventional medical practitioners consider to be sound.  They only know drugs & surgery.  And they focus on so many wrong issues  and prescribe the wrong solutions.  Such as cholesterol & heart disease for which they prescribe harmful drugs.  Inflammation is the root cause, what they  should focus on. and the prescriptions should be better diet & lifestyle.  Of course, conventional diet advice is usually bad as well.

That reminds me, I just recently met a really good nutritionist. I wanted to post the links to her facebook & website so people can follow...  She's pretty Weston Price-ish, but so far seems less fanatical.

Edited by alternativista, 12 November 2013 - 06:17 PM.

#10 Starviolet

Starviolet

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 November 2013 - 07:21 PM

starviolet, i got tests done during the summer, turns out Im sensitive to almost everything! when I eat the foods Im supposed to stay off I can feel my skin tingle and it starts to itch sometimes.

Oh no! that sucks. Do you have issues with Rosacea as well as acne?

I'm thankful to God I don't have any issues with food allergies, I worked with a woman who was so allergic to gluten she couldn't even walk near the bakery section in the grocery store when they were rolling the dough as the particles she inhaled in the air made her break out in hives. Just awful.

Not really, I recommend food.  Other than perhaps HCL tablets, but it would be better to stimulate your own digestive acids.  You might consider Aloe Vera a supplement.

You could take some natural antihistimines like vitamin c. And others listed in the Good Things thread,

I don't know.  It was just a suggestion in response to the question asked.  Chronic inflammation such as that caused by the inflammatory responses triggered by food intolerances are related to acne.  And I don't particularly care what U. S conventional medical practitioners consider to be sound.  They only know drugs & surgery.  And they focus on so many wrong issues  and prescribe the wrong solutions.  Such as cholesterol & heart disease for which they prescribe harmful drugs.  Inflammation is the root cause, what they  should focus on. and the prescriptions should be better diet & lifestyle.  Of course, conventional diet advice is usually bad as well.

That reminds me, I just recently met a really good nutritionist. I wanted to post the links to her facebook & website so people can follow...  She's pretty Weston Price-ish, but so far seems less fanatical.

I know eczema is made worse by food allergies but I think with Acne it's more about how the diet your eating interacts with your hormones rather than a specific food trigger. Diet affects acne in a cumulative way I mean, rather than immediately (like within hours after eating the food).

#11 ZitsSuck21

ZitsSuck21

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 November 2013 - 03:26 AM

I agree, my skin doesn't break out into massive bumps or cysts when I something small but if I eat too much of a trigger food while I'm stressed my skin usually acts up the next day. can't even eat a bar without worrying about the consequences!

#12 ZitsSuck21

ZitsSuck21

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 November 2013 - 10:37 AM

starviolet, I don't think Iv rosacrea, just redness from scars :/

#13 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 November 2013 - 02:56 PM

I know eczema is made worse by food allergies but I think with Acne it's more about how the diet your eating interacts with your hormones rather than a specific food trigger. Diet affects acne in a cumulative way I mean, rather than immediately (like within hours after eating the food).

Diet affects acne in a cumulative way, and immediately in the inflammatory response. Eating something you are intolerant to causes an inflammatory response, sometimes a pretty severe one.  And may directly cause a pimple to form within the day or day after.  I get cysts the day after consuming the citrus fruits I am intolerant to.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users