Photo

What Are My Chances?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
20 replies to this topic

#21 WishClean

WishClean

Healthy Lifestyle Advocate

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 15 November 2013 - 08:26 PM

Yeah, I think quitting bcp is the hardest one, so if spiro worked for you then that might be easier to come off eventually than bcp, and then figure out something else to take to keep your hormones balanced. Unfortunately, if you have a hormonal imbalance that's genetic, then you will always need something to regulate your hormones. If I were you --and I am biased as well -- I would start taking myo-inositol a few months before you quit bcp to help you. It's probably the most underestimated supplement for hormonal acne. I had the most stubborn acne (not just homonal, other kinds too) along with mild hirsutism that was becoming more noticeable, and I still can't believe how much inositol has helped me. I'll probably have to take it for a very long time, and then quit/reduce it for a few months, then start again, but it has no side effects so it doesn't hurt to try. 

And I have to say, the first time I decided to try herbs and supplements after many years of antibiotics and bcp, what helped me recover from severe breakouts was a combination of vitex, evening primrose, acidophilus, and a multivitamin (pretty sure vitex was the strongest out of those). But this time around, this combo didn't work for me, so I guess you do have to do some trial and error because hormones constantly fluctuate and what worked for you in the past may not necessarily work this time. 

FYI if you decide to try it:

Clinical research has shown the following effects of inositol supplementation:

• restores normal ovulatory activity
  • increases fertilization rate
  • prevents spina bifida birth defect
  • lowers free testosterone (research has shown up to a 73% reduction)
  • lowers total testosterone (as much as 65% reduction)
  • lowers LH (as much as 55% reduction)
  • lowers insulin response after meals (as much as 62% reduction)
  • lowers DHEA-S (as much as 49% reduction)
  • increases SHBG (as much as 92% increase)
  • lowers androstenedione  (as much as 27% reduction)
  • lowers triglycerides (as much as 51% reduction)
  • lowers blood pressure (minor decrease)
  • increases peak progesterone (129% increase in one study)

Edited by WishClean, 15 November 2013 - 08:29 PM.

Supplements: inositol, DIM, digestive enzymes [don't need them every day anymore, only on cheat days], herpanacine & vitamin C with rose hips [not every day], regular sun exposure for vitamin D3.

Lifestyle & Skin Care: Low histamine diet, avoiding unnecessary stress, balancing skin's PH (using Image Ormedics), using distilled/ filtered water to wash face, occasional high frequency facials... (although I have been slacking lately)

** Find the cause, find the cure **