Staying Positive When Anxious & Miserable

4 replies to this topic

#1 John457

John457

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 November 2013 - 01:58 PM

How do you maintain a positive outlook when you feel absolutely miserable and anxious of every moment of every day? How do you stay hopeful when you feel exhausted from dealing with acne for 10+ years?

#2 Solitude22

Solitude22

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Music & Science

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:23 AM

Learn to live with it; but never give up on it.  Although I assume in your situation you already learned how to live with it. Doesn't change the suffering. I unfortunetly know -- but at least you'll get by in life and just maybe things will change the next day. Or the next month.. or the next year. But it'll change. Positive outlook however? I just try to hold that which I love dearly closest to my heart. Whether it's a passion; or someone you can confide on. At least maybe you'll feel happy for some time. Even if it's only about a second. A second of happiness is always worth it. Even if the storm is heading your way; that last ray of sunshine can be in your mind for the rest of the day.

#3 k3tchup

k3tchup

RN

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Code blue/rapid response, EKG's, teaching/learning,

movies, music, biking, walking, working with kids

Achievements

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:27 AM

Learning to live with yourself by acceptance helps establish a way to cope and then establish a hope that things can get better. I had to do alot of swallowing pride and acceptance before I could move on even while things sucked. I payed less attention to it as hard that is to imagine and well it got better. A break out didnt crush my week like i used to. I worried less about something i could not change. I just treated it with what i knew helped, BP, and just let it go. The standards that you have may have to be lowered. The criticalness that you have on your self may need to be ignored so that you may rest at ease. Just live life and ignore that bs.

Being anxious all the time can be so hard on you emotionally and physically. Thats how chronic diseases develop.

I think if you have such high standards and expectations- like getting clear 100% so that you can have a girlfriend- you set your self up for inevitable failure. This is a cylical cycle that just results in more anguish. First step is to see this and begin some type of acceptance; to then  lower what expectations on your self and stop being so critical therefore leading to less stress, anxiety, and misery. This will help you find peace with your demons to move on to bigger and better things like lets say o' living life? The life you currently live in constant anxiety. People love you for you are not what you look like.

Edited by k3tchup, 11 November 2013 - 03:35 AM.

#4 Rodallega

Rodallega

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 November 2013 - 05:15 PM

I have not managed to get over it. When u are born attractive u are used to being treated a certain way in society. Beautiful girls flirting with you,people in general being more positive toward you,feeling good when u look in the mirror before heading out. 

I really hope u have more luck getting over this than I have

#5 k3tchup

k3tchup

RN

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Code blue/rapid response, EKG's, teaching/learning,

movies, music, biking, walking, working with kids

Achievements

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:51 AM

I have not managed to get over it. When u are born attractive u are used to being treated a certain way in society. Beautiful girls flirting with you,people in general being more positive toward you,feeling good when u look in the mirror before heading out. 

I really hope u have more luck getting over this than I have

Same to you. I agree society is a serious culprit in to a persons drive to succeed and be as they wish. But that's the current life we live in. It really isn't avoidable. The best you can do is manage.

My only advice is that there is someone else out there that sees past all of the supeficial to the real core of who you really are and they do not care about your looks as much as they care about you personally. Its been said over and over but it is true when you can find that person whether it be a friend, co-worker, family, girlfriend/boyfriend or all of the above. You cant find these people unless you go out and meet them. Very hard to do... but it makes you a stronger person; a very much admired empathetic quality.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users