Photo

Using Data And Wearables To Control Acne?

adult acne acne log technology

No replies to this topic

#1 John457

John457

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 November 2013 - 12:38 PM

With the rise of wearable technology and the whole quantified-self movement, I've become increasingly interested in the idea of using data to improve one's health. I know this is nothing new - maintaining an acne log, essentially - but I think these new tools have the potential to offer greater insight. Currently, however, I know of no such wearable/app/resource that allows one to track a manually-specified variable (i.e. the state of one's skin) in comparison to diet, sleep, and physical activity. I know the Jawbone Up provides the ability to track one's mood, which I guess could instead be used as a rating for one's skin on a particular day, and then compared with eating, sleep, and activity patterns. Does anyone currently use or know of such tools, and if so, have they been helpful?

I came across one concept that seemed interesting though limited and not quite what I'm looking for. It's a skin imaging device that connects to a smartphone and allows users to assess and track the severity of their skin. But the idea of photographing your skin just to have a sensor tell you that you have a bad zit doesn't seem all that useful. Plus it seems as if there's no ability to track your acne and correlate it with other factors that may play a role in your the quality of your skin.

http://www.medgadget.com/2013/11/scanz-mobile-acne-scanner-helps-teens-track-zits.html 

Current Skincare Regimen

MORNING

Green Tea Cleanser from Dermatologist

CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion

Murad Acne Treatment Concealer (Light) 

NIGHT

Green Tea Cleanser from Dermatologist

CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion

OTHER

Monthly Chemical Peels (Salicylic and Glycolic Based)

Current Supplements: Zinc, Vitamin D3.

Past Efforts: Topical Treatments (BP, Evoclin, Differin, Duac, Ziana, Epiduo, etc.); Antibiotics (Doxycycline, Bactrim, Solodyn); Other Treatments (IsoLaz, Chemical Peels, Supplementation, Elimination Diets, etc.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users