6 replies to this topic

#1 Suzanne03

Suzanne03

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 November 2013 - 08:46 AM

Hi,

I have been eating pretty well (no sugar, no bread, no pasta/rice/potatoes, no dairy etc.), but I read a lot about supplements and I think I need a few. I just have no idea which one to get, and I don't want to take 10 different supplements every day. And also no idea about the dosage..
I am definitely going to pick up vitamine D3 supplements since I live in the north of Europe and the sun is basically always hiding, and I was thinking about zinc and magnesium maybe? And vitamine C? 
And help would be greatly appreciated :)

#2 Green Gables

Green Gables

RETIRED

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 November 2013 - 02:59 PM

Hi,

I have been eating pretty well (no sugar, no bread, no pasta/rice/potatoes, no dairy etc.), but I read a lot about supplements and I think I need a few. I just have no idea which one to get, and I don't want to take 10 different supplements every day. And also no idea about the dosage..
I am definitely going to pick up vitamine D3 supplements since I live in the north of Europe and the sun is basically always hiding, and I was thinking about zinc and magnesium maybe? And vitamine C? 
And help would be greatly appreciated smile.png

If you take vitamin D3, take it at the same time as a high quality fish oil supplement. Vitamin D3 capsules are not absorbed in the body very well unless they are accompanied by good fats, like the omega 3s in fish oil.

#3 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 November 2013 - 03:08 PM

Definitely take D3.

Magnesium is great. I take it even though I eat a lot of magnesium rich foods like greens & seeds. Take it in the evening. It relaxes muscles and helps with sleep. 

Zinc can make you nauseous. Take with food.   I no longer take it, but other than figuring out my food intolerance, a supplement that included zinc was the first thing I ever noticed helping me after years of dermatologists & their drugs.  It made my skin a lot less oily & I rarely had  inflamed acne on my face.  Then i changed my diet & my skin cleared for the first time.

Edited by alternativista, 13 November 2013 - 03:08 PM.

#4 WishClean

WishClean

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:movies, traveling, media studies, teaching, research, integrative medicine, acupuncture, exercise, healthy lifestyle

Achievements

Posted 15 November 2013 - 08:05 PM

Give herpanacine a try, it might save you money on separate supplements (although it doesn't have vitamin D, so that might be extra for you). I have been taking it in place of my regular multivitamin, and for some reason the combination of vitamin A, E, zinc, l-lyseine &proprietary blend is working along with another supplement I take for hormonal acne and digestive enzymes. I didn't think it would work because any time I took those vitamins & zinc separately I didn't notice a difference. I got herpanacine from the vitamin shoppe, and the salesperson told me to try it for a month and return it if it didn't work, which I thought was a fair deal. 

#5 Suzanne03

Suzanne03

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 November 2013 - 03:04 AM

Thanks a lot! 
Fish oil seems like a good idea, I read something about the omega 3:6 ratio, should read some more :P
And I'll remember taking zinc with food.
Never heard of herpanacine, I'll look into it :)

#6 Fult

Fult

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 November 2013 - 04:12 PM

give zinc a shot, I am soon going to post about it.

#7 LeadingForce

LeadingForce

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 November 2013 - 05:38 PM

if you have cheek acne , you should take liver supplements like milk thistle they will go away 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users