#1 MoonlitRiver

MoonlitRiver

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:07 AM

Hello everyone smile.png

I'm completely new to the scar and red mark treatments forum because up until now my active acne has been out of control and therefore my main priority. The treatment plan I'm on at the moment means that I now have probably three actives at most and some of the time I'm completely clear of active acne which is a great improvement for me.

But I have such a ludicrous amount of hyperpigmentation, as well as what look like some indented scars forming, so it still looks like I have a face full of acne even though I don't. The hyperpigmentation has faded a lot in the areas where the active acne came under control earliest, but my face is still covered in it so I am desperate for it to fade quicker and I'd also love to be able to do something to prevent the indented scars from getting any worse because the skin texture on my forehead is just horrible. However, my skin is really sensitive and cannot tolerate physical or chemical exfoliators and aloe vera made me break out really badly when I tried using that. I'm also still using Epiduo to control the active acne, so anything else I use has to be really gentle so as not to interfere with that.

So my question is, do any of you lovely people know of anything that might help to fade these horrible red marks and/or prevent the indented scars getting worse whilst causing the absolute minimal irritation for my sensitive, breakout prone and Epiduo treated skin?

Massive thanks in advance to anyone who can help me with this conundrum! smile.png

#2 MoonlitRiver

MoonlitRiver

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 08 November 2013 - 05:20 PM

I can also upload some photos of the main problem areas if that would be helpful to anyone! :)

#3 MoonlitRiver

MoonlitRiver

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 09 November 2013 - 11:27 AM

Anyone got any suggestions on this at all? Pretty please? I'm desperate to get rid of these marks!

#4 anabelr525

anabelr525

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 November 2013 - 05:51 PM

you could use a lightening serum just make sure you use suncreen i go to sephora,com and look at skin care serums  because there you can put you skin time is sensitive

#5 Lilly75

Lilly75

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 10 November 2013 - 04:41 AM

I know what you mean. I still break out semi-regularly but it's only a few tiny spots which is much easier to cope with, compared to the nearly full face of acne I used to deal with. But even though my skin has improved I have a tonne of hyperpigmentation too and it can make it look like I still have a load of acne. I have Dan's AHA to use but I haven't used it regularly enough to know how it works for me and I actually feel like it can be drying on my skin (even though I thought people used it as a moisturiser..)

I wish I could help out with some advice for treating the post-acne marks. The only thing I can suggest is to make sure you're wearing an SPF everyday to stop any marks from getting worse. I think 'protecting' the marks from the sun and time are some of the best things you can do for it.

Would lactic acid be too harsh for your skin? I remember someone mentioning they couldn't handle glycolic acid (like in Dan's AHA) but they quite liked the lactic acid type of AHA.

#6 MoonlitRiver

MoonlitRiver

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 10 November 2013 - 09:15 AM

Thank you both so much for your replies! :)

you could use a lightening serum just make sure you use suncreen i go to sephora,com and look at skin care serums  because there you can put you skin time is sensitive

Thanks for the suggestion, I already use sunscreen every day but I might look into lightening serums. I'll have a look at that website but if it's American then it will probably be too difficult to order in the UK. We might have something equivalent though so I will definitely be taking a look. :)

I know what you mean. I still break out semi-regularly but it's only a few tiny spots which is much easier to cope with, compared to the nearly full face of acne I used to deal with. But even though my skin has improved I have a tonne of hyperpigmentation too and it can make it look like I still have a load of acne. I have Dan's AHA to use but I haven't used it regularly enough to know how it works for me and I actually feel like it can be drying on my skin (even though I thought people used it as a moisturiser..)

I wish I could help out with some advice for treating the post-acne marks. The only thing I can suggest is to make sure you're wearing an SPF everyday to stop any marks from getting worse. I think 'protecting' the marks from the sun and time are some of the best things you can do for it.

Would lactic acid be too harsh for your skin? I remember someone mentioning they couldn't handle glycolic acid (like in Dan's AHA) but they quite liked the lactic acid type of AHA.

Yeh I've heard a lot of people have success with AHA but because my skin's so sensitive, still breaking out intermittently and there's a history of psoriasis in my family, I try to stay clear of any form of exfoliation. Having said that I know the adapalene in my Epiduo speeds up cell turnover but it has given me so much improvement in my acne that I feel that's worth the risk at the moment. Hopefully it might help the hyperpigmentation to fade in a similar way if I could only stop breaking out!

In the meantime I think you're right that the best policy is probably sunscreen (which I wear every day) and to just wait it out. It is such a frustratingly slow process though! Thanks for the advice and I hope you see improvements in your marks soon as well because having reminders of where you had acne even though it's not there anymore really isn't much fun!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users