Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FIAF

How Many Times To Wash Face Per Day?

4 posts in this topic

Figured I might wash my face too much.

I basically wash my face in the morning with just water and at night with cleanser to apply moisturizer but I also shower in between so that makes it 3 times per day.

Too much?

Morning:

Clean & Clear Essentials Foaming Facial Cleanser for Sensitive Skin
Eau Thermale Avéne Cleanance Expert (Slightly less than evening)

Evening:

Clean & Clear Persa-Gel 5 (nose only)
Eau Thermale Avéne Cleanance Expert (dime-sized amount)

I wash my face with cleanser (Eucerin Dermo Purifyer as recommended by my derm) morning and night but if I work out at the gym I wash it again in the shower. So that makes three times. I think twice is recommended though.

Okay so I will try only washing morning and during shower.

Morning:

Eau Thermale Avéne Cleanance Expert (Slightly less than evening)

Evening:

Clean & Clear Persa-Gel 5 (nose only)
Eau Thermale Avéne Cleanance Expert (dime-sized amount)

Twice is enough. But shower water can be hard on your face if you don't have a filter. If you notice that the water you use is drying out your skin or causing redness, you may want to invest in a water filter.

Current regimen: garlic supplements [as needed], Enzymedica gluten blocker [as needed], nicadan [not sure if it works yet]. I try to simplify as much as I can. Don't take more supplements than you need....try one at a time and be patient.

The supplements that really helped me when my acne was at its worst: inositol, DIM [not as frequently now!] digestive enzymes [don't need them every day anymore, only on cheat days], herpanacine & vitamin C with rose hips/ low acid [not every day], regular sun exposure for vitamin D3, superoxide dismutase (SOD) enzyme supplements. NOTE: I do not recommend DIM for long term use, and I do not recommend hormonal creams without doctor supervision.

Lifestyle & Skin Care: acupuncture, regular exercise/ yoga, low histamine diet, avoiding unnecessary stress, balancing skin's PH (using Image Ormedics), using distilled/ filtered water to wash face, occasional high frequency facials...

Grocery list:

** Find the cause, find the cure **

** If you have a question for me, please ask it publicly so that others can benefit from the discussion**