Photo

Hve You Ever Come Close To Suicide

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
49 replies to this topic

#21 k3tchup

k3tchup

RN

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:36 AM

I disagree completely with your posts, so we'll leave it there. Everyone has a different conception about happiness and normality. I have a form of acne that doesn't let me live a normal life and be happy. I don't care about kids suffering of cancer, they got unlucky same as I did. We born and we die, some sooner and some later. Quality of life > quantity. I want stuff that would me make happy, and when I don't get them and think about kids starving in Africa, I don't feel any better. This is life, we're not equal, some of us born luckier and some of us don't.

"I want stuff that would me make happy, and when I don't get them and think about kids starving in Africa, I don't feel any better"

"Stuff" like material and money do not buy happiness. Neither does looks, you are never going to be satisifed. You can want things and you can attain them you just have to put past the looks-are-everything-cannot-feel-anything-without-clear-skin attitude. You put to much focus on it therefore are setting a trap for yourself.

You do not see the value and gift of life unless you see loss and be apart of that loss. You dont feel its enormity until you are close to that person. So dying kids in africa is just words with no meaning. Therefore you cannot appreciate life nor try to make the best of it by worrying less about what you do not have much control of. Just, don't let acne control you and your drive to "get stuff" to attain whatever feelings you desire.

Easier said then done. But nobody said it was easy or that it happens right away.

I forgot to add. You do not care about kids with cancer. How you expect anyone to care for you because you have acne? It goes both ways. Would you rather have me insult you and treat you like rubbish when you come to the clinic because of your acne or would you rather me have empathy and compassion? Yeah. It goes both ways.

Doesn't mean you have to have a bleeding heart. Just means you pay them the respect they deserve as they didnt ask for it (as many of us have) because that is somebody's kid...Someone loves them no matter what. Dont take that way from them. I understand that your life, although your own experiences, its not over or as hard as you say when you compare it as i have done. You are in a position to change your outlook and live a better life by accepting your acne as being apart of you. Therefore you can find ways to help yourself both emotionally and physically to live your life.

Edited by k3tchup, 12 November 2013 - 01:40 AM.

A nurse is not what you do, its what you are..I am a nurse: its not what i do, its what i am.

#22 Pianina

Pianina

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:35 AM

K3tchup - this is one of the best post I've read on this site! So well said...

Diagnosed with PCOS/Insulin resistance

Currently clear from acne.

Meds:

- Yasmin birth control 
- Spironolactone 50 mg

Skincare:

- Paula's Choice

Supplements:

- Innate Response Glucose Tolerance Factor Chromium, for blood sugar balancing 
- Innate Response DysBio-GI, against candida

Extra:

- Peppermint tea 2 cups/day
- Licorice tea 1 cup/day

#23 Andrei11

Andrei11

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:19 AM

Money is everything, money can buy happiness, you just have to know how to use it. Money would allow me fixing my health issues, between other things, and living a normal life, which would make me happy. I start more and more to think that most people in here have mild forms of acne/scars, if they can give advices like you have. There is absolutely no way I will ever accept my acne as a part of myself, because it's a horrible disease, there is no way I can live a normal life in this condition. Anyone who disagrees is either lying or does not have severe acne. Period.

#24 k3tchup

k3tchup

RN

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:26 AM

Money is everything, money can buy happiness, you just have to know how to use it. Money would allow me fixing my health issues, between other things, and living a normal life, which would make me happy. I start more and more to think that most people in here have mild forms of acne/scars, if they can give advices like you have. There is absolutely no way I will ever accept my acne as a part of myself, because it's a horrible disease, there is no way I can live a normal life in this condition. Anyone who disagrees is either lying or does not have severe acne. Period.

If it is everything in your life then you are putting its importance over top people and ideas like friends, loved ones, and love in general. We have different priorities in life. I know what mine are as do you. Money can "superficially" fix your issues but they are never permanently healed; money gives you a false sense of security. You still have the images of your disease in your pysche. Money doesn't tell you that "this doesn't matter, its whats on the inside" as does a real person.

I had severe acne. I wasted thousands of dollars to which i am still paying on for what i tried to fix because i had money. In the end, it was from love, not money, that helped me cope and still does. Period.

A nurse is not what you do, its what you are..I am a nurse: its not what i do, its what i am.

#25 Andrei11

Andrei11

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:38 PM

Money fix issues, you just have to know how to fix them. If you have money and get Accutane to treat your acne for example, you're doing it wrong. Love won't pay my treatment bills, nor my friends or family. Sure, I can lie to myself too and say that what's inside a person matters the most and I'm no different than others, but it's no help. The truth is that I would like to be a normal, healthy person fitting in this society and at this right moment I'm pretty much disgusting. It's obviously we have different views on things and what sever acne means, we'll just have to agree to disagree.

#26 Starviolet

Starviolet

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 November 2013 - 09:42 PM

I'm sorry but you sound like a great big cry baby. There are much worse conditions and diseases than Acne. Try going to a therapist kid, your attitude sucks and it will only drag you down into destruction.

#27 hope27

hope27

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:45 PM

I thought about it . who has not really . every time  I try something and have it Not work ,and realize not only did I waste my money but also feel like a failure .

getting my hopes up thinking this is it . I'm finally going to have clear skin , and just end up back in square one. I feel like I'm going in circles with my skin. have tried

all the creams , done peels , did a laser called smoothbeam  tried everything out there . and yet I'm back at square one. with shitty skin. its depressing to know

you have invested all your money and time on your skin and not see any improvement and if u do is only temporarily before u find yourself back where you started..

I thought about it but deep inside I have hope that one day I will live a happy life, where I can be happy about myself , and have good skin again and just feel free  ,and if I kill myself  I will never get to live that moment.. I will never get that moment I have been waiting for and have fought so hard for !!!!! I guess that's what stops me from killing myself .   so here I am waiting for that moment lol : )

#28 Andrei11

Andrei11

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:51 PM

Can a moderator take care of the user above (Starviolet)? I've reported the post but I don't know how this things work on this forum.

#29 Starviolet

Starviolet

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:15 PM

Can a moderator take care of the user above (Starviolet)? I've reported the post but I don't know how this things work on this forum.

All I told you to do was stop being negative. There was no verbal abuse involved, good luck with that report kid.

Edited by Starviolet, 12 November 2013 - 11:23 PM.

#30 k3tchup

k3tchup

RN

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:40 PM

K3tchup - this is one of the best post I've read on this site! So well said...

Thank you smile.png Its always quite late when I try to make these type of replies and I tend to ramble and end up not making sense of anything. My spelling tends mauls any inteligible thought left.

Money fix issues, you just have to know how to fix them. If you have money and get Accutane to treat your acne for example, you're doing it wrong. Love won't pay my treatment bills, nor my friends or family. Sure, I can lie to myself too and say that what's inside a person matters the most and I'm no different than others, but it's no help. The truth is that I would like to be a normal, healthy person fitting in this society and at this right moment I'm pretty much disgusting. It's obviously we have different views on things and what sever acne means, we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Money aids in fixing some of life's issues I will give you that; without money i could not have went to a doctor, therapist, been able to afford perscribed treatments, payed for nursing school, taken my nclex-heck, without money none of this would have happened. Although it was my determination, drive, and backing from a loving parent that understood my feelings that did not discourage or discount me when all others had in school or at work. In this sense I am lucky and fortunate. That is altruistic love. Love helps you heal and provides comfort where as money runs out and only creates dispare and greed. In the end you are alone. And the pain is worse than ever.

I understand your distress in that you want to be "normal" attempting to identify your role in this society and "fit in." However, do you really just want to be another one of "them" in society? Them, the on lookers that gaze upon us people who suffer with acne as being inferior to the race? I would hope you learn the many lessons there are to learn about living life on the "other side" of the looking glass. I for one am more humble and have clearer priorities than my previous days. So, you pick your self up, go to work, and inorder to support your self to fund whatever you wish to try. But you cannot put all your eggs in one basket and expect hard earned sought-after cash to help purge you of all that ails you. Because that won't happen realistically and you are putting to much emphasize on it resulting in failure, more disgust, and more money seeking behavior that becomes more important than the people that can help you in ways money cannot.

I just wish for you to see that money, although needed to accomplish many things in society does not bring you anymore closer to it or create a sense of beloning and love. You cannot truely recover or live happily and healthily in your current state. The distress and unsatification created by the cyclical action of money and acne will consume you, resulting in a person that is mad at the world and anyone else born "lucky. " You will be greedy of those who have love and are loved.

I speak from experience. I speak also vaguely at times because we all know society and life is not easy nor can it be easily figured out-there are many variables and constraints. But the message is something to try to live by  (and remember) because you do not want to realize it true when you are in a helpless position and cannot go back i.e death of the one person that cares.

Edited by k3tchup, 12 November 2013 - 11:47 PM.

#31 Lapis lazuli

Lapis lazuli

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 November 2013 - 02:51 AM

i did came close. i was staring at a knife type of close. had unbeareble nightmares. came to peace with death (which i think it's ok).

now, if you even slightly mention the word suicide, that's the biggest shout for help one can do. (!), ideally it's recommend to see a psychologist.

there a 2 main routes to suicide i think:

1. not being able to resolve an important problem for a long period of time, and being attacked by another in a different area.

2. being attacked on many life areas at the same time, really hard.

my thoughts on the solution/my case (i'm no shrink):

there are people who make u feel good even if they give u very bad news, and there are people who make u feel bad even if they give u a good news, or "help" u as they argue/think. live as much as u can with the first category.

i'm not on the right forum for this topic but believing in god is practically everything. even if we don't call it god, for example for me god is "the Human spirit", not sure it qualifies as a god tongue.png but it works for me.an ape flying to the moon and back is the closest godish thing in this universe. so i (try) and trust god (the empathic/spiritual/human connection seing people) for hope. that's the light in our lifes.

one last thought, we (the psyche) are a sort of forein affairs departament, meant to lead to food, shelter, mating, so we're ment to control/lead. the more we control the more involved and stronger we get in (the material) life. so staing alive means at least some little control. some control their bodies by getting an orgasm, some get pleasure from the (amount) of food they eat, some get pleasure by being the master (controling) a dog or a cat. i don't find them good solutions but if something or better someone takes the control of ur actions from u..

i'm not a psychologist.

lol I love how you use "ur" and "u" in your serious post in this serious topic.

#32 Andrei11

Andrei11

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 November 2013 - 09:58 AM

All I told you to do was stop being negative. There was no verbal abuse involved, good luck with that report kid.

well it means that this forum is a complete joke after all if your still here. i'll go bash people too in every thread i want and see what happens. you told me that i'm a crybaby and have mental problems. why are you refering to me as a kid, how old are you? this is the acne forum, not mental problems forum. if you're so positive, would you post a picture of your acne to see what you're dealing with and how you're such a better person than I am?

k3tchup, thanks for all the posts but I don't care, not everyone is living the same life you have, not everyone wants what you want. don't bother anymore.

Edited by Andrei11, 13 November 2013 - 09:59 AM.

#33 Pianina

Pianina

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 November 2013 - 12:39 PM

All you did was insult a person. 

Diagnosed with PCOS/Insulin resistance

Currently clear from acne.

Meds:

- Yasmin birth control 
- Spironolactone 50 mg

Skincare:

- Paula's Choice

Supplements:

- Innate Response Glucose Tolerance Factor Chromium, for blood sugar balancing 
- Innate Response DysBio-GI, against candida

Extra:

- Peppermint tea 2 cups/day
- Licorice tea 1 cup/day

#34 Starviolet

Starviolet

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 November 2013 - 05:28 PM

well it means that this forum is a complete joke after all if your still here. i'll go bash people too in every thread i want and see what happens. you told me that i'm a crybaby and have mental problems. why are you refering to me as a kid, how old are you? this is the acne forum, not mental problems forum. if you're so positive, would you post a picture of your acne to see what you're dealing with and how you're such a better person than I am?

k3tchup, thanks for all the posts but I don't care, not everyone is living the same life you have, not everyone wants what you want. don't bother anymore.

I didn't say you had "mental problems" I implied you have poor coping strategies which is why you could benefit from some counselling. You need to learn to accept your acne and appearance.

#35 Andrei11

Andrei11

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 November 2013 - 06:17 PM

I didn't say you had "mental problems" I implied you have poor coping strategies which is why you could benefit from some counselling. You need to learn to accept your acne and appearance.

no, I need to get money in order to treat acne properly and completely, I don't need counseling. why don't you answer all my questions, where's the picture by the way? can you show me your acne and how you accepted your appearance?

#36 Lapis lazuli

Lapis lazuli

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 November 2013 - 06:41 PM

lol I love how this thread started all sensitive and is now getting all...uncomfortable.

Maybe I'm making a mountain out of a mole hill but why can't people just get along? Why do people have be all tetchy? Do we aspire to nobility or do we embrace beastliness?

Give each other a hug, people. :P

#37 Starviolet

Starviolet

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 November 2013 - 06:47 PM

no, I need to get money in order to treat acne properly and completely, I don't need counseling. why don't you answer all my questions, where's the picture by the way? can you show me your acne and how you accepted your appearance?

How old are you? have you thought of perhaps getting a job to pay for your acne treatment or maybe asking a family member to assist you financially with the cost of treatment. There's always a way to get help, perhaps you haven't gone down the right avenue. And you still may need some counseling to help you work through your negative self image issues.

Also I'm in my early 30s and haven't had acne for quite some time now so there's nothing to show. I only had mild acne through my teen years.

#38 Andrei11

Andrei11

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 November 2013 - 07:51 PM

How old are you? have you thought of perhaps getting a job to pay for your acne treatment or maybe asking a family member to assist you financially with the cost of treatment. There's always a way to get help, perhaps you haven't gone down the right avenue. And you still may need some counseling to help you work through your negative self image issues.

Also I'm in my early 30s and haven't had acne for quite some time now so there's nothing to show. I only had mild acne through my teen years.

oh so you're in your early 30s, don't have acne for over a decade, you bash people on acne forums and I'm the one who needs counseling right? how do you know I don't have a job? how do you know a family member can assist me financially? my negative self image issues would be gone without acne. you should know by now that there's people who weren't as lucky as you have been, and have sever acne, you can google to see what i'm talking about because you obviously don't have a clue. you probably had 3 pimples and you called it mild acne and now you come and give life lessons to people who have real problems, what are you doing on this froum anyway if you don't have "acne" anymore?

#39 Starviolet

Starviolet

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 November 2013 - 07:56 PM

oh so you're in your early 30s, don't have acne for over a decade, you bash people on acne forums and I'm the one who needs counseling right? how do you know I don't have a job? how do you know a family member can assist me financially? my negative self image issues would be gone without acne. you should know by now that there's people who weren't as lucky as you have been, and have sever acne, you can google to see what i'm talking about because you obviously don't have a clue. you probably had 3 pimples and you called it mild acne and now you come and give life lessons to people who have real problems, what are you doing on this froum anyway if you don't have "acne" anymore?

Whoah defensive! You have some anger issues. Perhaps this inner rage of your contributes to your acne? If you got your emotions in order, calmed down and changed your diet I honestly bet your skin would be a lot more normal. Emotional distress DEFINITELY affects acne.

Also here's a kit you could try in the mean time for your "severe acne":

Edited by AyeAye, 14 November 2013 - 07:39 PM.

#40 Andrei11

Andrei11

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 November 2013 - 09:43 PM

Listen, I shouldn't continue this conversation, but you're funny. I don't have anger issues or inner rage, you seem to have. It's understandable though, what sane and healthy person, in her 30s, spends time on acne forums and why? Be honest, this is what your therapist recommended to you, to accept your appearance and self image issues by posting stupid things on random forums?