Photo

Green tea

green tea

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 torbosk

torbosk

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 October 2004 - 08:05 AM

I'm interested in this green tea thing.
It's supposed to be good for your skin because of the anti-oxidants and the anti-DHT enzymes.

Anyway, i'm way to lazy to make tea several times a day. Is it ok to make a huge bottle (like 2 litres) and drink it cold??

Oh, i plan to use the "bag" version, so not the loose leafs, how much stronger are the leafs, or isnt it important.

Thx.

#2 blackbirdbeatle

blackbirdbeatle

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 October 2004 - 08:42 AM

Leaves are better, annyone that tells you otherwise doesn't know what they're talking about. However the bags probably will give you some benefit.

Yes you can drink it cold but you must steep it first in hot water,then put ice cubes in it or whatever.

Also the bags may be more economical for you(although the cheapest loose leaf is very affordable and still above and beyond the quality of bags), since youare going to need so much green tea for such a large batch.

Try adding, or getting one with a fruit infusion if the taste bugs you.

#3 SteveBrown

SteveBrown

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 October 2004 - 11:17 AM

There is some quality green tea available in bags, such as Salada. I've found a good way to brew a potent cup of mild-flavored tea is to heat the water not to boiling, but to around 180 degrees, then cut open the tea bag and dump the cut leaves into the water. Stir and let it brew for 15 minutes or so. Before drinking, strain out the leaves by pouring the tea through a strainer or coffee filter.

I can't drink more than one cup of caffeinated tea a day, or I'll get hyper. So, after one cup of caffeinated tea in the morning, any subsequent cups of tea that day are decaffeinated. A good brand of decaffeinated green tea in bags is Bromley.

Whether you drink tea hot or cold, after ten minutes in your stomach, it's going to be the same temperature, so it shouldn't make any difference.

#4 blackbirdbeatle

blackbirdbeatle

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 October 2004 - 05:16 PM

When you steep the tea longer than 5 min(at the most and this long is only for some Chinese kinds), it starts to mess up the tannins and flavours and you get a really really bitter cup of tea. Also if you are chopping up the leaves in any way you need to steep it even less to get the full benefits and maximum flavour(because now the leaves have more surface area).

#5 shriek

shriek

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Posted 22 October 2004 - 08:43 AM

has anyone here considered using tea powder?

Tea Powder is Non-Calory diet !
It contains various Vitamins, Tea Polyphenol, Caffeine, Amino Acid, Fluorine and Dietary Fiber, so that promotion of Health and Beauty will be your benefit !

The tea powder is going to be "whisked"with hot water, not be "brewed or dripped", so that this special tea contains lots of Vitamin C and Dietary Fiber as well as Tea Polyphenol which is recently attracted.

user posted image

user posted image

Fancy, isn't it?
[image removed by sigbot--see board rules]

#6 shriek

shriek

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 October 2004 - 08:49 AM

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

#7 shriek

shriek

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 October 2004 - 08:52 AM

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

#8 Ryan Valmont

Ryan Valmont

The Rated R Superstar

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 4
About Me

Posted 22 October 2004 - 11:54 AM

Funny how all the green tea i've had (and cured alot of my acne) wasn't green in coulor.

My green tea is more pale brownish coulor,anyhow,i drink white tea now as it's better for acne than the green tea ever was.
Life is all about living!

#9 Keats

Keats

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 October 2004 - 03:48 PM

QUOTE(torbosk @ Oct 20 2004, 07:05 AM)
I'm interested in this green tea thing.
It's supposed to be good for your skin because of the anti-oxidants and the anti-DHT enzymes.

Anyway, i'm way to lazy to make tea several times a day. Is it ok to make a huge bottle (like 2 litres) and drink it cold??

Oh, i plan to use the "bag" version, so not the loose leafs, how much stronger are the leafs, or isnt it important.

Thx.

View Post

just buy green tea extract tongue.gif

#10 blackbirdbeatle

blackbirdbeatle

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 October 2004 - 06:21 PM

That green tea powder is amazing stuff but extremely expensive(for tea). Think more expensive than good weed.