Candida Diet

43 replies to this topic

#41 brandylad

brandylad

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 January 2014 - 05:04 AM

she said due to my diet for the past two weeks she'd be very very surprised if my skin was down to food allergies.. she's put me on a liver tablet called NAC...n acetyl l cysteine.. she thinks the root of my problems are the liver and the fact i have this genetic high cholestrol made her more adamant my liver is responsible.. apparently the liver controls cholestrol production.. hopefully this is the cure i've been waiting for, fingers crossed eh. I have a follow up at the weekend i will ask her for sure smile.png thanks

I think N-acetyl cysteine is a must have supplement to have allways! I just started to take it a little over week ago, I take 700mg twice a day. What kind of dosage you use? Are you back on BP?

She has been put on a liver support tablet for 2 weeks that has NAC in with it, along with zinc and some b vitamins.. The dosage of NAC is just 300mgrams once a day to test my tolerance then i think the pure NAC supplement is around 600mg which i'll be starting in 2 weeks providing i have no adverse reactions. Yes i have done 10 days so far on BP, it's 4% though so i've been using it very sparingly 

Edited by brandylad, 30 January 2014 - 09:29 AM.

#42 Dolan Duck

Dolan Duck

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 January 2014 - 08:05 AM

I don't think you see any results with that kind of dose, the bare minimum in research is 600mg twice a day. 1800mg a day has been shown safe and effective too.

#43 brandylad

brandylad

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 March 2014 - 09:09 AM

update... skin is still rubbish.. seem to have a couple of days without a new one and just existing ones, my hopes get raised them wham, up sprout 2 or 3 of the buggers.. so so disheartening.. 7 months i've been on restrictive diets and seem to have very little to show for it :(

#44 Michelle Reece

Michelle Reece

Skin care fanatic and scientific stickler

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, writing, playing video games and bird watching.

Posted 14 March 2014 - 01:42 PM

update... skin is still rubbish.. seem to have a couple of days without a new one and just existing ones, my hopes get raised them wham, up sprout 2 or 3 of the buggers.. so so disheartening.. 7 months i've been on restrictive diets and seem to have very little to show for it sad.png

You could have something other than acne, such as seborrhoeic dermatitis. It seems you've posted a pic or two here, but it isn't loading for me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users