Jump to content

Posts: 1
    Likes: 0
  • Joined: 05-November 13

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:01 AM

So, right now I'm on the Aczone and Differin treatment. I take apply Aczone once in the morning, then Differin once at night. I also take Solodyn orally every morning. I've been on this treatment for about 4 weeks and I'm curious to hear other people's experience with this regimen (or regimen like it). I don't feel as if it's making much of a difference. My skin peels a lot and is almost always dry (which is irritating). At first, I thought it was just because I was starting a new regimen, but I feel after 4 weeks, my skin would at least not peel and feel dry. Some days my skin looks okay, other days it just looks horrible. My acne isn't horrible, but I have bumps and scars and it doesn't seem as if this regimen is doing much of anything, but giving me dry skin.

Comments?

#2 goodz19

goodz19

• Veteran Members
    Posts: 523
    Likes: 43
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Buffalo NY
  • Joined: 15-September 05

Posted 07 November 2013 - 09:07 AM

Ive been on differin for years.  Its definitiely not a cure-all but Id hate to see where I'd be if I didnt use it.  Aczone works best for inflammatory acne.  Does almost nothing for non-inflammatory acne (blackhead, clogged pores, etc).  I find aczone doesnt do much to prevent new acne from forming but is effective at keeping ones that are on there way from becoming full blown red mountains.  Personally I just use it know as a spot treatment.  I dunno if it really helps or not; kinda like a security blanket for me.

Morning: Cetaphil cleanser, apply Sodium sulfacetamide

Evening: Cetaphil cleanser, apply differin, wait 1/2 hr, apply aczone as spot treatment.

Not overally exciting w/ the results

Also Has Seb Derm and been using Oxistat in beard area in the mornings.  Same, nothing special about the results

#3 vangie1005

• Gender:Female
  • Location:texas
  • Joined: 24-November 13

Posted 24 November 2013 - 02:03 PM

I just started this same thing 3 days ago. Woke up this morning to a cystic forming on my chin(thats where the big ones are,  I also have the small under the skin ones on my forehead, and now here lately Ive been getting them on my cheek). I was on clindamyacin and BP wash, they have been trying to get me to take an antibiotic or some hormonal acne med but I have a pill phobia/medication phobia. I know Im gonna have to get over it if I want better results. Anyways I am interested in hearing about this regime too, Im tired of poking around trying to find something that has no result or makes things worse. This so far is going downhill.

#4 Rosalie324

Rosalie324

You is Smart. You is Kind. You is important.

• Veteran Members
    Posts: 236
    Likes: 59
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:USA
  • Interests:Equestrian
    Softball
    Singing
    Reading
  • Joined: 17-July 13

Posted 25 November 2013 - 09:36 PM

Aczone works wonderfully for me! I started using it four months ago, along with another topical medication, and it wasn't working. As soon as I started using it on its own (about 1.5 months ago) it started to work wonders for my skin. I do not get full on breakouts anymore and any blemish I do get is barely noticeable. Everyone is correc t when they say that it doesn't work for non-inflammatory acne, but for any inflamed pustules and papules... it was my magic cure.

Just make sure that you rub it completely into your skin. I mean keep rubbing (gently of course) until it is dry on your face and make sure you use a great moisturizer. The one I use (see signature) is great for acne-prone skin and keeps my face from feeling dry and taut after washing and medicating.

BTW, Differin did not work well with my skin. I have sensitive, breakout-prone skin and all it did was make my skin dry, flaky, and irritated. I mean skin melting off my face irritated. Not good at all! Good luck!

AM Regimen:

Cleanse face with La Roche Posay Effaclar

Apply Aczone

Moisturize with Sheseido Oil-Free Mattifying Moisturizer

PM Regimen:

Cleanse face with La Roche Posay Effaclar

Apply Aczone

Moisturize with Sheseido Oil-Free Mattifying Moisturizer

Spot Treat with Clearisil Adult Acne Tinted Spot Treatment (always)

I now do not follow a vitamin regimen and have expanded my eating to include almost all food groups (excluding lactose/dairy). Since I made this change my face has CLEARED UP!

Minimalism people, trust me it works. Develop a skin care regimen, stick to it, and you will see results. All the rest (diet, exercise, supplements) didn't work for me. Less is more.

Status: 98% Clear... Plus a nice bunch of superficial scarring -.-