Photo

Help! New Indent Scar Forming After Acne Is Gone And Healing.

scar icepick boxcar

2 replies to this topic

#1 macno0b

macno0b

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 4
About Me

Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:36 PM

Recently, my skins often leaves indented scars after the acnes are gone. It happens either when I pop the acne out or the acnes go away by themselves (I use BP).

I have been applying vitamin E from capsules on the scar at night since the Acne went away. I just noticed today that it is forming an indented scar. What should I do? I have Retin-A lying around but I have never used it on my face before. Will it help preventing the scar?

I have too many indented scars already and this is very depressing to me. Please help.

Thanks,

Edited by macno0b, 04 November 2013 - 02:37 PM.

#2 Pianina

Pianina

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Teaching piano, singing, programming, web-design, photography, nutrition

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:38 PM

Start taking MSM powder once a day together with lunch. Just blend a teaspoon of MSM into water or fresh juice (it has a bit bitter taste, so it's best to blend it with juice). MSM accelerates healing and improves collagen production, I'm taking it for a month now, and I can feel my skin has become smoother, some small scars have disappeared. My skin has become very scare-prone and it's depressing me too. I feel like I'm starting to loose my natural skin youthfulness and ability to recover. Totally understand how you feel! Try MSM, it basically has no side-effects (except looser stools, which for me was a benefit, actually) :)  

Diagnosed with PCOS

Occasional acne + rolling scars

Meds:

- Yasmin birth control 
- Spironolactone 50 mg

Skincare:

- Dermatologica Ultracalming Cleanser
- Paula's Choice Skin Ballancing Moisturizing Gel or Neutrogena Oil free moisturizer
- Occasional AHA masks 

#3 .JacktheLad.

.JacktheLad.

Martian

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 04 November 2013 - 04:40 PM

do you know what ive heard, and i believe this, basically if you try to keep the wound moist before it has had a chance to naturally crust up and scab, you effectively interrupt the healing process and you are more likely to scar..

i have witnessed this first hand, i used petroleum jelly (vaseline) to heal a picked spot, and it left a small depressed pock like mark that never healed, in comparison to where i left it and treated later..

food for thought.

a picture speaks a thousand words though. but i'd say up vit c intake. hope it heals, i know how you feel..  

My Regimen.. accutane

If anyone cares to read this and I manage to stop 1 person to avoid going on Accutane, then its served its purpose. 

PM me if you'd like to chat. ACNE is ENTIRELY curable through natural ways. Please don't feel pushed or pressured or helpless that you think you must resort to this drug. 

I'm not a crazy natural person (nut job lol) just a 27 year old guy who has been through it all and can offer genuinely good advice.  You can see by my profile how long i've been around this forum. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users