Skipping College

30 replies to this topic

#21 Ballen

Ballen

Accutane User: 67 days left.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Psychology and Entrepreneurship.

Achievements

Posted 18 November 2013 - 03:40 AM

Well good for you, but for the rest of the 99% of the world, let's encourage getting an education- fair enough?

And for the other 99% who don't invent something or make millions some other way, just for the other 99% of us it is well documented that income correlates with education....

http://www.bls.gov/o...all/oochart.pdf

http://www.bls.gov/e...p_chart_001.htm

Here's to us in the 99%!! STAY IN SCHOOL!!

Income yes, millions no. Pretty much anyone (99%) can be millionaires.

I didn't mean stop learning, I just said there is really no point of going to (paying for) collage (unless you want a job which requires an education). I personally don't want to work for anyone (not that you do), but myself.

Most people don't really want anything bad enough, so its probably best for them to stay in school. smile.png

You want to work, but for yourself? Doing what?

No one wants to "work" really, we have other things we'd like to see and do, however, ya got to have the money to survive. Thats society.

The benefit of going to college is to earn some type of education, certificate, or degree in which you can use to apply into an area you like.

If ya like what you do, you will never truly work a day in your life.

How can you make judgments for people when you do not know them or live their life? How can you justify their wants and needs for them by stating "they don't want it bad enough?" This is simply not true.

The biggest mistake you'll ever make is thinking you work for anybody but yourself. Regardless of who pays your paycheck.

As I said, unless your dream job requires a degree, you don't need it; why would you?

I think people want to work, just not with what they are currently working as. If no body in the world worked, which is an actual possibility btw, they wouldn't all just sit around and do nothing/ partying or whatever. They would study or work with what they truly wanted.

If you want something bad enough, you will find a way to get it. Unless you're unlucky. If someone is skipping collage because of acne, that may be a sign that this isn't the right path for them. I would rethink where I'm going and what I want in life (write it down) if I were OP.

The reason you think you "have to work" is because you haven't worked smart enough in your past.

Edited by Ballen, 18 November 2013 - 03:42 AM.

#22 k3tchup

k3tchup

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Cardiac and Intensive Care Nursing, A crazy ED, Patient care most of all

Movies;music;making friends;socializing

Achievements

Posted 20 November 2013 - 01:35 AM

Well good for you, but for the rest of the 99% of the world, let's encourage getting an education- fair enough?

And for the other 99% who don't invent something or make millions some other way, just for the other 99% of us it is well documented that income correlates with education....

http://www.bls.gov/o...all/oochart.pdf

http://www.bls.gov/e...p_chart_001.htm

Here's to us in the 99%!! STAY IN SCHOOL!!

Income yes, millions no. Pretty much anyone (99%) can be millionaires.

I didn't mean stop learning, I just said there is really no point of going to (paying for) collage (unless you want a job which requires an education). I personally don't want to work for anyone (not that you do), but myself.

Most people don't really want anything bad enough, so its probably best for them to stay in school. smile.png

You want to work, but for yourself? Doing what?

No one wants to "work" really, we have other things we'd like to see and do, however, ya got to have the money to survive. Thats society.

The benefit of going to college is to earn some type of education, certificate, or degree in which you can use to apply into an area you like.

If ya like what you do, you will never truly work a day in your life.

How can you make judgments for people when you do not know them or live their life? How can you justify their wants and needs for them by stating "they don't want it bad enough?" This is simply not true.

The biggest mistake you'll ever make is thinking you work for anybody but yourself. Regardless of who pays your paycheck.

As I said, unless your dream job requires a degree, you don't need it; why would you?

I think people want to work, just not with what they are currently working as. If no body in the world worked, which is an actual possibility btw, they wouldn't all just sit around and do nothing/ partying or whatever. They would study or work with what they truly wanted.

If you want something bad enough, you will find a way to get it. Unless you're unlucky. If someone is skipping collage because of acne, that may be a sign that this isn't the right path for them. I would rethink where I'm going and what I want in life (write it down) if I were OP.

The reason you think you "have to work" is because you haven't worked smart enough in your past.

I'm trying hard to understand your reply, but I'm lost trying to comprehend what you are saying...

I work for the hospital. My pay check ultimately is derived from patients for the services i provide while they are in the hospital. Yes i work for myself to support myself. Who doesn't? I do not get what your saying. Literally every thing you do is for yourself. So i don't see the point really. Its not being selfish its doing to survive unless you are out there for the wrong reasons extorting people then you are acting on greed.

My dream job requires a degree. Theres a good reason for that. So when you land in the hospital the nurses taking care of you know what they are doing (hopefully) and you make it back home-alive. 

Work is a part of life because of money most of the time. Even with not need for it, people work because they like to. There are many reasons for this, i need not have to explain. I agree not everyone wants to work in the food service or retail. They can be very punitive  jobs, but not everyone has the choice or opportunity to change that.

Luck is tricky. While i agree with you I also disagree. Luck is not the ultimate determiner however. The person (if able) ultimately decides.This is situational as well.

Skipping college because of acne is a personal choice because of the systemic emotional affects of severe acne over time. The repetitive nature of acne tears a person down and acts as a road block to a "normal life", but it is not a signal from fate that is raising a red flag saying "college is not for you; drop out"  Using acne as a sign to not better yourself is really a flawed and imaginative look on this persons life. Personal choice. I do not support it. But i understand the reason behind it. I skipped a whole semester for this reason.

But i came back from the depths of acne hell. It is a tough personal battle, but it can happen.

#23 Ballen

Ballen

Accutane User: 67 days left.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Psychology and Entrepreneurship.

Achievements

Posted 20 November 2013 - 06:47 AM

I'm trying hard to understand your reply, but I'm lost trying to comprehend what you are saying...

I work for the hospital. My pay check ultimately is derived from patients for the services i provide while they are in the hospital. Yes i work for myself to support myself. Who doesn't? I do not get what your saying. Literally every thing you do is for yourself. So i don't see the point really. Its not being selfish its doing to survive unless you are out there for the wrong reasons extorting people then you are acting on greed.

My dream job requires a degree. Theres a good reason for that. So when you land in the hospital the nurses taking care of you know what they are doing (hopefully) and you make it back home-alive. 

Work is a part of life because of money most of the time. Even with not need for it, people work because they like to. There are many reasons for this, i need not have to explain. I agree not everyone wants to work in the food service or retail. They can be very punitive  jobs, but not everyone has the choice or opportunity to change that.

Luck is tricky. While i agree with you I also disagree. Luck is not the ultimate determiner however. The person (if able) ultimately decides.This is situational as well.

Skipping college because of acne is a personal choice because of the systemic emotional affects of severe acne over time. The repetitive nature of acne tears a person down and acts as a road block to a "normal life", but it is not a signal from fate that is raising a red flag saying "college is not for you; drop out"  Using acne as a sign to not better yourself is really a flawed and imaginative look on this persons life. Personal choice. I do not support it. But i understand the reason behind it. I skipped a whole semester for this reason.

But i came back from the depths of acne hell. It is a tough personal battle, but it can happen.

What I meant by you work for yourself, is that its up to you, not your boss or whatever to get promoted, educate you, upgrade your skills, etc. If you want a higher earning, you need to be worth more, and that's your responsibility.

I would say 80% people would rather work at another position than their current one (In the USA that is).

I had terrible cystic acne for 5 years. And I went through all high school with it. After that I stayed home for a full year. Never went out, ever.

The next year I started collage, still with cystic acne. Although it was a bit of a hazard, I went through 5 months, and I started to almost fail classes (I would have, had I not quit). I found myself less and less motivated. i wanted to skip classes more and more often when my acne worse. This may have been because of acne, but it wasn't; I was just studying the wrong thing.

This is how you can tell: Do you want to read your assignment? No? Then you're probably in the wrong class..

#24 k3tchup

k3tchup

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Cardiac and Intensive Care Nursing, A crazy ED, Patient care most of all

Movies;music;making friends;socializing

Achievements

Posted 20 November 2013 - 09:36 PM

What I meant by you work for yourself, is that its up to you, not your boss or whatever to get promoted, educate you, upgrade your skills, etc. If you want a higher earning, you need to be worth more, and that's your responsibility.

I would say 80% people would rather work at another position than their current one (In the USA that is).

I had terrible cystic acne for 5 years. And I went through all high school with it. After that I stayed home for a full year. Never went out, ever.

The next year I started collage, still with cystic acne. Although it was a bit of a hazard, I went through 5 months, and I started to almost fail classes (I would have, had I not quit). I found myself less and less motivated. i wanted to skip classes more and more often when my acne worse. This may have been because of acne, but it wasn't; I was just studying the wrong thing.

This is how you can tell: Do you want to read your assignment? No? Then you're probably in the wrong class..

I get what you are saying, but still not sure on things..

I skipped over half of my biology class. Would only show up on tests days, reviewed the chapter 20 minutes before class. I passed with an 89% (B). I skipped because i could as biology came extremely easy to me, but the reason for skipping was like you, acne. I study me instead of the book. Luckily i passed as i look back on it now. I was extremely arrogant.I never wanted to read my assignments in such areas like pregnant moms and labor and delivery.  It has absolutely no interest to me. And when you have no interest, reading and retaining is that much harder. I wasn't in the wrong class; it is just required knowledge. But thats me.

#25 ZitsSuck21

ZitsSuck21

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 November 2013 - 06:34 PM

missed so many lectures lately, dont know how to stop these red things on my face from controlling my life :( doesn't help when Im the only one in the college with acne

#26 ZitsSuck21

ZitsSuck21

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 December 2013 - 06:59 PM

one good week, the next horrific!! it's a vicious circle, all my friends are just starting to think I'm too lazy (they are slightly right with that :) ) to come into college, if only they knew the real reason!

#27 Ilovemesomevanity

Ilovemesomevanity

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 December 2013 - 12:46 AM

dont skip class!! this is college, youre supposed to look ratchet 24/7. so get out your full-time sweatpants and get your butt to lecture!

#28 mazgan

mazgan

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 December 2013 - 11:57 PM

lol, skipping lectures.. im doing this too and not coming to most of the lectures at all, but not because of acne, its just because im lazy to come, so i study it at home instead.

if u can study what u missed in the lectures at home then it shouldnt be a problem.

#29 ZitsSuck21

ZitsSuck21

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 January 2014 - 05:12 AM

My attendance has been terrible lately, all for one reason... how has everybody else been?

#30 Binga

Binga

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 January 2014 - 07:17 AM

My attendance has been terrible lately, all for one reason... how has everybody else been?

Go to multiple derms and get it under control.

#31 FaithBox

FaithBox

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 February 2014 - 01:59 PM

Focus on your life.  Focus on what YOU want.  ITs hard try and forget it.  I think about it too but when I don't think about it I feel great and people treat me the same if my skin was clear the next week.  It will get better.  Stay positive.  Skipping college is never worth it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users