Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Switching To Accutane

5 posts in this topic

Hey all,

I've been doing the regimen for about three months now and have seen some great results in terms of whiteheads. However, I still get inflamed red pimples that have left more marks on my face than before I started. In addition, my face has been swolen, dry and flakey, but I have noticed a lot of people keep telling me my face is swollen as hell. I'm thinking I'm allergic to the Bp, even though I've become used to the full dosage. I've been on every antibiotic pill and every topical known to man, and none of it has helped like the Bp. Tonight I got my family's support, and I think I'm going to attempt a run at accutane. Tomorrow I'll ask my doctor, but for now I think I'll have to slowly ween myself off of dkr due to the swelling. I'd like to thank you all for the support, and I'll keep everyone posted on the topic. Thank you all

1 person likes this

Sounds good, man. Best of luck.

i made the same choice, the regimen isn't for everyone. I am now 2 months and 4 days into accutane and it is just a relief knowing that my skin will be clear in the next 4 months, fingers crossed. Acne is getting really old!

Hey all,

I've been doing the regimen for about three months now and have seen some great results in terms of whiteheads. However, I still get inflamed red pimples that have left more marks on my face than before I started. In addition, my face has been swolen, dry and flakey, but I have noticed a lot of people keep telling me my face is swollen as hell. I'm thinking I'm allergic to the Bp, even though I've become used to the full dosage. I've been on every antibiotic pill and every topical known to man, and none of it has helped like the Bp. Tonight I got my family's support, and I think I'm going to attempt a run at accutane. Tomorrow I'll ask my doctor, but for now I think I'll have to slowly ween myself off of dkr due to the swelling. I'd like to thank you all for the support, and I'll keep everyone posted on the topic. Thank you all

I just decided to stop altogether, I need my skin back to normal before I start accutane. Now I just cleanse and moisturizer, but I also spot treat with prescription tretinoin .01% gel that my doctor just prescribed.