mazgan

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 December 2013 - 06:26 AM

You are really not doing more stuff?

- I have been on vacation with a group of people => nothing happened

- I have been to a swimming pool with a group of people => nothing happened

- I have been standing naked outside while getting a pan full with water all over me => nothing happened

It is all in our head guys.

thats exactly it, nothing happens.

i can go outside everyday and talk to people, but nothing will happen regarding the chance for finding real happiness and love, as long as i have this curse.

Are you actually going outside and talk to people?

yes...

What does happen? What are you trying to do and what are the results of it?

that depens on the situation of course... ur question is to general.

Can you give examples?

when i go to the university i talk to people from my class there, and sometimes on the phone.

i even sometimes find myself conversing with complete strangers on the bus or the train. even on online games which i barely ever play nowdays i start talking to strangers about real life stuff.

there's no 'goal' here, i simply did it cuz i felt like it in the moment. so whats ur point?

it still didnt make my horrible skin any better and i never felt getting closer to finding love. i will always feel unsatisfied with the way my life evolved to a hell on earth.

#22 heitea

heitea

Smile! It makes you beautiful!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 20
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, Hiking, Volleyball, Camping, Playing the Piano, Singing, Eating :P, Bird-watching, Exercising

Posted 18 December 2013 - 11:22 AM

I have a few good stories for this thread!

1. I was having the worst breakout of my life on July 6 of this year. It was so bad-- I literally got cysts upon cysts in ONE day. Anyway, I wanted to exercise with my mom because she invited me to go to a spin class in the morning. So, I slapped on some makeup (which hardly covered anything...), put on my workout clothes, and went to the gym with my mom. Well, I sweated off all the makeup in that hour-long spin class, but I felt amazing afterwards! I even talked to the instructor after because I wanted to tell her what a great job she did. And guess what! No one even looked or cared about my acne. Literally. Everyone was just talking about the class and their exercise goals. Then I went home and took a shower and it was all good (besides the cystic acne that lingered for months afterwards... haha).

2. It was the day that my fiance was going to propose to me. I had a cyst or two on my face with lots of PIH. Of course, I put on makeup but you could still see the spots especially on my neck. We spent the day together, and even though I was aware of the painful spots on my neck and chin, I decided to not let it ruin my day. We went out to eat and shared a bottle of wine. He walked me over a bridge as the sun was setting, and he asked me to marry him. We got lots of attention from others and no one glaced at my acne or stared at me in a disgusted way. In fact, I think the fact that I didn't mention it or worry about it made other people not care, either.

3. I was going backpacking with 2 of my aunts, my boyfriend, and my mom. I was having a pretty bad breakout. My makeup wasn't doing a thing-- so I just decided to put a little concealer on my PIH and then leave my big zits to get some fresh, camping air. My aunts and mom all have beautiful skin that requires nothing more than moisturizer, so I was afraid they'd judge me. Maybe they did in their heads, I'll never know, but we all bonded and had such a nice backpacking trip and not once did my acne get in my way. I swam in the river with my dog, sweated my butt off, and tried to just feel "natural" while hiking and camping. Funny thing is, when I got in the car the next day, my acne seemed a lot better-- or maybe my perception was better.

Sorry this was so long. The path to accepting your own face is long and difficult, but it's so worth going down. Don't let it define who you are; don't let it dictate your life. I'm still working on it, but I'm so much better than I used to be.

Edited by heitea, 18 December 2013 - 11:23 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users