Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Milk And Cystic Acne

2 posts in this topic

I was wondering if anyone has had similar experiences to mine. I recently started the Paleo diet which eliminates dairy products. My face after years of cystic acne cleared up almost completely between the diet and the regime. This past week I have been eating regular yogurt instead of coconut milk yogurt and sure enough my chin is completely broken out in cystic acne. Has anyone else found such a strong link?

1 person likes this

Amen to that, YES I have...accutane didn't work for me so I had to work hard to solve my cystic acne...ditched gluten which was so hard but that cleared me up a lot, and then dairy and that got me almost the rest of the way there...I still do get a cyst from time to time, but these two (HUGE) diet changes did it for me

And I love it when the dermatologists tell you no there is no relationship....yeah okay I'll just take an antibiotic forever then to treat the symptoms....

Absolutely dairy is a trigger and there are many scientific studies out there that prove it.

I never do yogurt either, and some claim they are fine with goats milk or raw millk...never tried it, too scared to!