Holy MOLY it's been a long time since I posted. All I have to say about that is, I'm an accountant, it's been year-end closing, and also, I recently found out I'm getting promoted, so I've been training for my new role!!! YAAY!!!
My SO came back from PA, too, for a couple of weeks, so I was spending time with him. Alas, he's been back in PA for a couple of weeks, and it's likely he'll be there on and off until the end of April MAJOR sad face. Ughhhh, it's like a punch to the stomach the sadness I feel when we're apart, but I'm dealing. I'm going to visit him this weekend, so that's a plus!
ANYWAY, back to the log.
So...over the past month, my symptoms haven't really changed. My skin has been uber dry, especially on my face, but the body skin is so dry it's painful if I don't moisturize every day. The stupid zit on the underside of my chin went away and then came back and is going away again (very slowly, although it's really not going away, it's just not inflamed). Hand rash is still there, intensity comes and goes depending on how cold it is. And of course, my lips have been ridiculously dry. Oh yeah, still loving the side effect of not having to wash my hair every day. I usually go like 3 days so my hair doesn't freak out and get too dry and unmanageable, though, and I put Argan Oil on it every day when my hair is dry (or if I wash it, I put it on mid-length down before I blowdry and on the ends after I blowdry).
I've been using some of the same products as before but I have switched it up a bit...
- Still using Aquaphor and Chapstick on my lips during the day and the Vaseline with Cocoa Butter Lip Therapy at night. The latter helps a TON only if I'm diligent about it, but I admit I slack sometimes.
- On my hands, still using the Aveeno Baby Eczema Therapy moisturizer during the day and the Neutrogena Norwegian Formula hand cream at night.
- On my body, I switched to a slightly more moisturizing body wash (Caress Vanilla and Sandalwood) and Nivea CoQ10 Body Hydration moisturizer for my body, it's not as thick of a consistency as the Eucerin and therefore doesn't take forever to dry, which motivates me to use it more frequently.
- On my face, I finally went to Ulta this past Saturday (the 1st of March) and talked to a sales rep, who recommended Exuviance Ultra Restorative Creme. It's a weird consistency (very similar to the Norwegian hand creme I'm using which is thicker and tackier than Aquaphor) and has no SPF. It's also green, which is kind of bizarre. I was hesitant to try it, but she said it was flying off the shelves. Also, after mentioning I was on accutane, she pointed out that it is non-comedogenic, non-acnegenic, and is safe for rosacea patients, so I gave it a whirl. So far, I really like it. I put it on my entire face, neck, and lips before bed; it actually looks matte once I rub it in, and sinks in very well.
- As far as cleansers go, I'm still using the Neutrogena Fresh Foaming cleanser at night only. In the mornings, I either just rinse my face off with water only. But, a couple of times a week, I'll use the Clarisonic Mia with the delicate skin brush head and the Neutrogena Extra Gentle Cleanser (not to be confused with their Ultra Gentle Cleanser, although I did get a few samples of those last time I was at the dermatologist).
Speaking of my derm, labs are still perfect, and I'm still on the 40mg/80mg alternating (which equates to a net 60mg/day) dosage.
So, yeah! YAAY!! I'm pretty happy with my skin, just wish it wasn't so dry! My derm scared me though; he said my oil will return pretty much in full force a few months post-'tane, so I'm kind of sad about that. Hopefully it won't be as bad as before, or I'll probably get acne again and will have to go on another course of Accutane! Let's keep our fingers crossed that doesn't happen!
Edited by LoveLouisV, 06 March 2014 - 11:35 AM.