Morgo K

Skincare enthusiast

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:50 PM

Hi guys smile.png

I am interested in hearing about everyone else's skin care routines!

I thought we could all write our routines here and give eachother tips & tricks etc.

I've made a video about mine which you can watch here:

Does anyone have any tips on how to get rid of post-acne hyper pigmentation? That's one thing I need help with sad.png

Thanks!

Morning Routine:

- Avene Soapless Gel Cleanser

- Boots Time Delay AHA Toner

- Boots Botanics Rosewater Toning Spritz

- Hyaluronic Acid Serum (homemade)

- Hazelnut oil with rosemary + clary sage (on acne prone areas)

- Alpha Hydrox Enhanced Cream (10% Glycolic Acid)

- SK:N Sunscreen SPF 30

- W7 Camera Ready Primer

Evening Routine:

- Lush Ultrabland + Washcloth 

- Soap & Glory ULTIMELT Hot Cloth Cleanser + Washcloth

- Differin 0.1% cream 

- Hazelnut oil with rosemary + clary sage (stops oil production)

- Vitamin C Serum (also homemade) OR

- Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair serum

Once/Twice a week:

- Green Clay Mask (+ salicylic acid)

- Exfoliate with No7 skin cleansing brush

#2 Avada Kedavra Acne

Avada Kedavra Acne

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:31 PM

Muggle Tears

Just kidding- CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser & Hydrating lotion 

"Pass the marmalade"          - Hermione Granger

#3 kamiller1972

kamiller1972

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:35 PM

Oh my...guess I'm committing a most grievous sin, lol grinwink.gif   I use sensitive skin baby wipes to take my makeup off, doh! Hehe...I cleanse with Johnson & Johnson Head to Toe Baby Wash, tone with Merle Norman Delicate Balance toner, use Dan's BP, and then use Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion with jojoba oil. That's my night time routine.  My morning routine is a little simpler.  I use Merle Norman Delicate Balance cleanser, Dan's BP, and Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel. All my makeup is from Merle Norman which doesn't have all the nasties that most other makeup does.  I'm almost completely clear with this routine, woot, woot.teehee.gif  What I'm finding that helps with pigmentation is Dan's AHA surprised.gif  

Edited by kamiller1972, 30 October 2013 - 05:36 PM.

Current skin care routine:

AM

Rainwater Botanical's Soap for Troubled Skin

Spot treat with Acne.org's AHA

Clinique Moisture Surge Intense

Clinique All About Eyes with Baobab oil

PM 

Clinique Take the Day Off Balm with Adzuki Micrograin Facial Scrub (All natural-awesome stuff!)

Acne.org Cleanser for extra cleansing ( I wear a full face of makeup)

Frugally Sustainable Blemish Astringent/or Rainwater Botanical's Toner for Troubled Skin (All natural-very soothing and non-drying)

1 1/2 Pumps of Acne.org's 2.5% BP 

Clinique All About Eyes with Baobab oil

Acne.org's Moisturizer (small amount)

When I get home from work, I like to let my face breath, so generally, I will use Clinique Take the Day Off Balm with the Adzuki micrograins, followed by a more gentle regimen. Currently, I am using Bare Minerals Blemish Treatment on any actives...LOVE this stuff!

I've recently added a mask to my routine.  It's all natural and very cheap.  Bentonite clay and apple cider vinegar mixed with a wee bit of tea tree oil. This is great for blackheads!

I am currently 100% clear with this mostly natural regimen.  

Makeup: Merle Norman's Purely Mineral Makeup Powder

Merle Norman Aqua Balance liquid foundation

Primer:

Studio Gear Primer

#4 LewisS

LewisS

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 October 2013 - 12:08 PM

Couldn't agree more about the wipes. I used them for years (including those alcohol soaked pads) and my skin was a MESS. It got oily seconds after using one, my skin felt raw and I had the worst acne I have ever had in my life. Since the day I decided not to use wipes my skin has just improved each day, although it's still not quite recovered even now.

I seem to have cured acne, but still have left-over damage such as dry, irritated but oily areas. If you have any tips for reversing the damage of using wipes/pads, I would really appreciate it if you could share them. I think those were the initial cause of my acne and now I still get the odd breakout due to the damage I caused.

My skin-care regimen is in my signature. I recently implemented Sudocrem because I have mild seborrheic dermatitis in those areas which I also think was caused by stripping my skin. 

Really enjoyed your video, hope to see more! :)

#5 hitea

hitea

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 20
About Me

Posted 31 October 2013 - 12:19 PM

The skin care routine that has been working for me for a little more than 2 months now:

I wash morning and night with Cetaphil Antibacterial bar cleanser with the Olay Advanced Cleansing system (spinning brush).

At night, I use AHA (paula's choice 5%) and moisturizer. In the day, I just use moisturizer and makeup afterwards.

Red marks are a problem for me, too. They have improved substantially in the last month when I stopped picking for the most part and then started the Olay brush in combination with the AHA. They're fading faster than ever! :D

#6 xdevochkax

xdevochkax

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 02 November 2013 - 10:57 AM

Starting with my makeup, I use only 2 foundations, both by Tarte - their Amazonian Clay foundation and their Maracuja foundation. I am absolutely in love with both because even when my acne acts up at its worst, neither of these exacerbate it nor cause any new breakouts.

I remove my makeup with Boscia's Makeup-Breakup Cool Cleansing Oil. It is extremely gentle and literally removes EVERYTHING with little effort. I even had heavy black eyeshadow surrounding my eyes for a Halloween party and it removed every trace of it. I gave up on wipes a long time ago. They're not nearly as good as cleansing oils, just more irritating and don't remove makeup as effectively.

My skincare routine is Cetaphil Cleanser, The Regimen BP, and CeraVe Lotion + Neutrogena Oil-Free SPF 35 + Jojoba Oil morning and night, minus the SPF at night.

I also started "exfoliating" the flakes (since I'm not even a month into the Regimen) by doing gentle massages with Jojoba Oil prior to cleansing. Very effective and doesn't irritate my skin at all. It's actually helped my irritation and redness calm down.

My acne in a nutshell -- Mild-to-moderate, adult on-set, began late 2009. Regarding my beliefs and previous skincare/lifestyle changes I've tried, I have been conflicted, misinformed, resistant, allergic, and had my hopes up too high only to be let down. Many of my previous posts on here will reflect that. Considering I have never found an explanation as to why I developed acne in my twenties (whereas I've had flawless skin my entire life up until then), I claim to know nothing. I am still fighting the fight and can only offer my humble advice.

#7 youknow1

youknow1

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Gym

Achievements

Posted 02 November 2013 - 11:07 AM

My routine: AM wash with Paula's choice skin balancing cleanser and the just some oil free gel based moisturizer from my local pharmacy

PM wash with Paula's choice skin balancing cleanser and then acne.org AHA+

That's it! Almost 100% clear and I have fuckin horrible acne if I don't do anything! (Tested that water only regimen three months this year and got my skin so full of acne you wouldn't even believe! Stupid me, didn't realize that water don't wash oil away, DUH!)

#8 Morgo K

Morgo K

Skincare enthusiast

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 02 November 2013 - 03:15 PM

Oh my...guess I'm committing a most grievous sin, lol grinwink.gif   I use sensitive skin baby wipes to take my makeup off, doh! Hehe...I cleanse with Johnson & Johnson Head to Toe Baby Wash, tone with Merle Norman Delicate Balance toner, use Dan's BP, and then use Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion with jojoba oil. That's my night time routine.  My morning routine is a little simpler.  I use Merle Norman Delicate Balance cleanser, Dan's BP, and Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel. All my makeup is from Merle Norman which doesn't have all the nasties that most other makeup does.  I'm almost completely clear with this routine, woot, woot.teehee.gif  What I'm finding that helps with pigmentation is Dan's AHA surprised.gif  

That's awesome that you've found something that works for you! :D

I tried cetaphil and it made me break out worse than anything else :(

I might try 10% AHA then and see how that does for marks, thanks for the tip

Couldn't agree more about the wipes. I used them for years (including those alcohol soaked pads) and my skin was a MESS. It got oily seconds after using one, my skin felt raw and I had the worst acne I have ever had in my life. Since the day I decided not to use wipes my skin has just improved each day, although it's still not quite recovered even now.

I seem to have cured acne, but still have left-over damage such as dry, irritated but oily areas. If you have any tips for reversing the damage of using wipes/pads, I would really appreciate it if you could share them. I think those were the initial cause of my acne and now I still get the odd breakout due to the damage I caused.

My skin-care regimen is in my signature. I recently implemented Sudocrem because I have mild seborrheic dermatitis in those areas which I also think was caused by stripping my skin. 

Really enjoyed your video, hope to see more! smile.png

I have a similar experience! I used to use the soaked pads too and I could literally feel them tearing away at my skin. 

I find that if one thing sets off a bad breakout, my acne comes back in full swing! I don't know exactly what your skin is like but I use argan oil on any irritated or dry areas (or where I've picked at dry skin and now it's red raw haha)... and it really helps to balance it out :)
I see you use AHA as well. What's your experience with it? and thanks for liking my video :D

The skin care routine that has been working for me for a little more than 2 months now:

I wash morning and night with Cetaphil Antibacterial bar cleanser with the Olay Advanced Cleansing system (spinning brush).

At night, I use AHA (paula's choice 5%) and moisturizer. In the day, I just use moisturizer and makeup afterwards.

Red marks are a problem for me, too. They have improved substantially in the last month when I stopped picking for the most part and then started the Olay brush in combination with the AHA. They're fading faster than ever! biggrin.png

That's so awesome! Congrats on no cysts in 2 months!!!! 
I also have one of those spinning brushes, even though I'm generally opposed to physical exfoliation if it can be avoided but I heard it would help fade marks, however I tend to go over the top and make my skin scab up :( Haha sorry to be graphic

Morning Routine:

- W7 Camera Ready Primer

Evening Routine:

- Differin 0.1% cream 

Once/Twice a week:

#9 LewisS

LewisS

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 November 2013 - 05:52 AM

I have mixed feelings about AHA. It's not the miracle skin perfecter that I thought it would be, although it has improved my overall skin tone. It's just hard to tell whether it's the product, or time that has helped my skin.

I would much prefer to use all natural products! 

#10 youknow1

youknow1

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Gym

Achievements

Posted 03 November 2013 - 06:01 AM

I have mixed feelings about AHA. It's not the miracle skin perfecter that I thought it would be, although it has improved my overall skin tone. It's just hard to tell whether it's the product, or time that has helped my skin.

Glycolic acid is a natural ingredient derived from sugar cane, though it is now often made synthetically. It's the best skin care ingredient ever discovered! Removes dead skin cells effectively, destroys acne bacteria and improves the moisture binding ability of skin! Just stop using AHA then and watch your skin fail if you don't believe me.

#11 SunnySarah

SunnySarah

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:reading, watching movies, volunteering, cooking, traveling, meeting new people, exploring

Achievements

Posted 03 November 2013 - 06:51 AM

Morning Routine: Clinique's redness relief cream cleanser

Night Routine: Clarisonic with Sulfur wash, then I apply my Clinique Even better dark spot corrector.

1-2X a week: Facial Mask. Either: Freeman Charcoal and Black Sugar Scrub/Mask, Aubrey Organics Blue Green Algae Mask, or Ain't Misbehavin' Sulfur Mask.

#12 Lovelorn

Lovelorn

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 November 2013 - 09:28 PM

- Cetaphil oily skin cleanser morning and night.

- Tretinoin at bed time

- A moisturizer during the day, usually cetaphil (if I need it).

#13 xdevochkax

xdevochkax

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:47 AM

Glycolic acid is a natural ingredient derived from sugar cane, though it is now often made synthetically. It's the best skin care ingredient ever discovered! Removes dead skin cells effectively, destroys acne bacteria and improves the moisture binding ability of skin! Just stop using AHA then and watch your skin fail if you don't believe me.

I agree with LewisS. I so desperately wanted the natural route to work for me. I tried it last year for a good 6+ months. Nothing got worse, but nothing improved either.

I don't want to rely on products to "cure" my acne, like you said about AHA. While I am on the regimen now, I don't plan to be on it forever.

My acne in a nutshell -- Mild-to-moderate, adult on-set, began late 2009. Regarding my beliefs and previous skincare/lifestyle changes I've tried, I have been conflicted, misinformed, resistant, allergic, and had my hopes up too high only to be let down. Many of my previous posts on here will reflect that. Considering I have never found an explanation as to why I developed acne in my twenties (whereas I've had flawless skin my entire life up until then), I claim to know nothing. I am still fighting the fight and can only offer my humble advice.

#14 LewisS

LewisS

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 November 2013 - 07:07 AM

I will continue to use it, but my opinion on it is that it isn't the be all and end all of skin care products. To be quite honest, I don't believe that any product can perfect our skin as much as our own bodies can, we just simply don't allow it to by adding all these products to it. 

#15 Morgo K

Morgo K

Skincare enthusiast

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 10 November 2013 - 01:41 PM

Night Routine: Clarisonic with Sulfur wash, then I apply my Clinique Even better dark spot corrector.

1-2X a week: Facial Mask. Either: Freeman Charcoal and Black Sugar Scrub/Mask, Aubrey Organics Blue Green Algae Mask, or Ain't Misbehavin' Sulfur Mask.

What does sulfur do?! I didn't even know it was used to treat acne :o 

Morning Routine:

- W7 Camera Ready Primer

Evening Routine:

- Differin 0.1% cream 

Once/Twice a week:

#16 SunnySarah

SunnySarah

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:reading, watching movies, volunteering, cooking, traveling, meeting new people, exploring

Achievements

Posted 10 November 2013 - 09:09 PM

What does sulfur do?! I didn't even know it was used to treat acne gasp.gif

Morgan Korey, Sulfur helps acne by clearing out the pores, flattening pimples and keeping your skin clean. It has a strong smell, but is great for sensitive skin. 

#17 EAA415

EAA415

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Video games, playing piano, hiking, reading

Posted 11 November 2013 - 02:45 PM

My current regimen is pretty...basic. I use a clean and clear face wash (no alcohol/oil) before bed and when I wake up. If a cyst arises, I use Proactive's sulfur face mask (the only thing that worked from those stupid kits...). I use witch hazel on smaller zits to dry them out/help with redness, and occasionally on a cyst depending on how deep it is. I wear Coppertone oil free FACES spf 50+ sunscreen each day - helps to protect my skin from the sun, it gently moisturizes, and the zinc in the formula oxygenates p.acne bacteria. Lastly, I use vaseline for any drastic dry skin situations (I have an oily t-zone, so this is relatively rare).

#18 Dayzii

Dayzii

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Cooking, baking, decorating, fashion, beauty, social work , social justice, activist, volunteer

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:14 PM

Am: wash with philosophy's purity cleanser. Put vitamin c serum by Avalon organics. Mix perscriptives virtual matte foundation with aveeno moisturizer with SPF 30. Night: wash makeup off with lush ultrabland and washcloth and add 2 drops of tea tree oil. 2x a week I will cleanse with clarisonic and purity cleanser. Acne.org moisturizer and 2 drops jojoba oil. De la Cruz sulfur for spots. Masks: Wednesday and Saturdays I will either due red clay mask with ACV and jojoba oil OR aspirin mask and raw honey. I found the more simple I go with ingredients the better my skin responds. Sometimes sleeping in makeup is better than rubbing it red and dry with a cleanser. Every 3 months I will buy Dr. bronners aha wipes and alternate with just the wipes one night and moisturizer the next. I need to look into the PH balancing products.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users