4 replies to this topic

#1 Uei

Uei

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 October 2013 - 07:19 PM

Hello Guys, I hope I can get some answers and advises from you

I've noticed that whenever I try to lose weight breakout follows. I'm not sure what's the scientific explanation or what needs to be done because I want to have clear face and at the same time the body that I dream of.

Do I just need to select one? (which is kinda silly, I'm positive I can have both) or are there any alternatives or anything that I can do aside from the regimen of course.

Advises and help please?

Thank you in advance :)

#2 Quetzlcoatl

Quetzlcoatl

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 October 2013 - 12:36 AM

Depends on how you're trying to lose weight. If you're using protein products with soy and you're sensitive to soy, that could give you acne. If you're working out a lot, that could flare folliculitis. If you're just talking about calorie restriction, it could have something to do with triglyceride release into the blood or possibly some sort of fat-soluble toxin that is released as your fat cells shrink. That seems unlikely, though.

#3 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 October 2013 - 07:00 AM

What are you doing to try to lose weight. Almost everyone here loses weight when they eat right which is what you want to do for your skin as well.

Status: Clear after 30 years. Wow, I guess it's been 6 years, now.

[ Story: Severe Acne since I was 10. 10+ years of Dermatologists, Antibiotics, topicals and ACCUTANE did nothing. Discovered oranges triggered the worst of my cystic acne = about 70% improvement. Tried some nutrient supplements like B-complex with zinc and C, saw palmetto and a BHA like the aspirin mask = more improvement, a lot less oily. Then, Diet changes = Clear.

Regimen: Anti-inflammatory, nutrient dense, blood sugar stabilizing diet and supplements (for hormones, inflammation, aging, health). No soap or other cleanser except for hand washing! Water only or Oil cleanse. Aloe Vera mixed with niacinimide and a high linoleic acid oil for moisturizer and reduce pigmentation.

Diet effects acne in so many ways: hormone balance, inflammation, Insulin levels, digestion, allergies and intolerances, liver function, adrenal function, SHBG levels, sebum quality, cell function and turnover, nutrient deficiencies, body fat, etc. Basic advice: Eat, sleep, supplement and exercise like you are a diabetic. And eat real food!

For more information, see my Good Things for Acne thread *Moderator edit - Please refer to the board rules (see “Advertising/soliciting”, “Linking” and “Signatures”)*

When you eat stuff, Stuff Happens!

#4 Green Gables

Green Gables

RETIRED

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 October 2013 - 10:31 AM

More exercise = more androgen hormones

Less fat = less estrogen hormone storage

More androgens + less estrogen = acne

photo-152109.gif?_r=1345837784?__rand=0.

I don't get notified of your response to my post unless you QUOTE my post.

Please only quote a small portion of the post so it doesn't clutter up the thread. 

How to Treat Hormonal Acne

Good and Bad Birth Control Pills and Implants for Acne

How to take Spironolactone

List of Doctors Who Prescribe Spironolactone

Topicals for Hormonal Acne

HOW I STAY 100% CLEAR:

Spironolactone (anti-androgen drug)

Betaine HCL with each meal

Avoiding silicones and occlusives in skin/hair products

#5 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 October 2013 - 01:24 PM

More exercise = more androgen hormones

Less fat = less estrogen hormone storage

More androgens + less estrogen = acne

Yeah, there's the possibility that fat loss released estrogen.  But if you'd follow a good diet for life like you should, rather than a quick weightloss diet that you go on and off of, that would be a temporary issue.

Status: Clear after 30 years. Wow, I guess it's been 6 years, now.

[ Story: Severe Acne since I was 10. 10+ years of Dermatologists, Antibiotics, topicals and ACCUTANE did nothing. Discovered oranges triggered the worst of my cystic acne = about 70% improvement. Tried some nutrient supplements like B-complex with zinc and C, saw palmetto and a BHA like the aspirin mask = more improvement, a lot less oily. Then, Diet changes = Clear.

Regimen: Anti-inflammatory, nutrient dense, blood sugar stabilizing diet and supplements (for hormones, inflammation, aging, health). No soap or other cleanser except for hand washing! Water only or Oil cleanse. Aloe Vera mixed with niacinimide and a high linoleic acid oil for moisturizer and reduce pigmentation.

Diet effects acne in so many ways: hormone balance, inflammation, Insulin levels, digestion, allergies and intolerances, liver function, adrenal function, SHBG levels, sebum quality, cell function and turnover, nutrient deficiencies, body fat, etc. Basic advice: Eat, sleep, supplement and exercise like you are a diabetic. And eat real food!

For more information, see my Good Things for Acne thread *Moderator edit - Please refer to the board rules (see “Advertising/soliciting”, “Linking” and “Signatures”)*

When you eat stuff, Stuff Happens!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users