Photo

Going To An Important Event!but Can't Wear Makeup! Help!

8 replies to this topic

#1 Avada Kedavra Acne

Avada Kedavra Acne

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 October 2013 - 12:45 PM

I will keep this short and sweet. 1) on Accutane since June (started 7th month)- skin is arid (the word "dry" is an understatement) My shoulders are rough and peely, and the tops of my hands look as if i caught a disease- 2) Going to a big event (wedding in three weeks) 4) Im not only a guest-but part of the wedding! so that means not sheltering in the corner away from humanity 

My skin- spot free- but have just hyper pigmentation on right cheek (texture is good too- no actually textured scars) 

Also my skin is sooooooooo sensitive im allergic to everything and have rosacea 

Skin care: Cerave Hydrating cleanser, CeraVe Lotion (thats it) With tepid to cool water

And if i do wear foundation applied with a damp throw away sponge (in a stippling motion) the problem because im so sensitive and dry- i cant get the foundation off without irritating my skin really badly ( i use bioderma if i have too)  I have not used foundation for weeks

I started accutane wayy before i new about this so pleaseeeeeeeeee helppp meeee - thansk! 

"Pass the marmalade"          - Hermione Granger

#2 XXYY

XXYY

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 29 October 2013 - 01:43 PM

Sounds like your lotion isnt quite cutting it - try something more intense like Aquaphor or cetaphil cream (in the tub) for a while to see if the dryness improves. Remove the makeup with lotion - gently massage it in for like 10 minutes then rinse it off with water. If its just the one time then its worth investing a little more time in removing it.

#3 Avada Kedavra Acne

Avada Kedavra Acne

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 October 2013 - 02:04 PM

Thanks! problem is.... i used cerave Cream in the tub (thats really thick) and it did the job nicely but it actually made me break out  (even my derm cut it out) my skin is very clog prone thats the issue. If i use anything rich, or with oil or anything i will breakout from it. Like my skin feels wonderful- looks pretty darn good- just isnt good with makeup. 

#4 kamiller1972

kamiller1972

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 October 2013 - 03:14 PM

Could you possibly use a baby wipe for sensitive skin to remove your makeup?  Also Johnson & Johnson Head to Toe Baby Wash is an excellent cleanser...as far as moisturizers go, have you tried the Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion?  Not the tub...that made me break out too.  I use the lotion with some jojoba oil and it seems to do the trick. My skin is super sensitive and break out prone as well...

Edited by kamiller1972, 29 October 2013 - 03:16 PM.

Current skin care routine:

AM

Rainwater Botanical's Soap for Troubled Skin

Spot treat with Acne.org's AHA

Clinique Moisture Surge Intense

Clinique All About Eyes with Baobab oil

PM 

Clinique Take the Day Off Balm with Adzuki Micrograin Facial Scrub (All natural-awesome stuff!)

Acne.org Cleanser for extra cleansing ( I wear a full face of makeup)

Frugally Sustainable Blemish Astringent/or Rainwater Botanical's Toner for Troubled Skin (All natural-very soothing and non-drying)

1 1/2 Pumps of Acne.org's 2.5% BP 

Clinique All About Eyes with Baobab oil

Acne.org's Moisturizer (small amount)

When I get home from work, I like to let my face breath, so generally, I will use Clinique Take the Day Off Balm with the Adzuki micrograins, followed by a more gentle regimen. Currently, I am using Bare Minerals Blemish Treatment on any actives...LOVE this stuff!

I've recently added a mask to my routine.  It's all natural and very cheap.  Bentonite clay and apple cider vinegar mixed with a wee bit of tea tree oil. This is great for blackheads!

I am currently 100% clear with this mostly natural regimen.  

Makeup: Merle Norman's Purely Mineral Makeup Powder

Merle Norman Aqua Balance liquid foundation

Primer:

Studio Gear Primer

#5 Avada Kedavra Acne

Avada Kedavra Acne

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 October 2013 - 03:35 PM

Im allergic to jojoba oil sadly- and all cetaphil products dont agree with me- the problem is i cant wipe my face with anything or it reacts like literally- my skin is sooooo sensitive. Like the cerave lotion is awesome- does not break me out at all, and doesn't cause redness it makes my skin feel not dry *feeling* but its still dry if i add anything like concealer. Im so sensitive that i cant wear any eyeliner or fragrance.  

Even though i have this dilemma- im happy because i have not one pimple on my face.  

I will prob end up spot concealing hyper pigmentation for the wedding- You cant go wrong with less- if i add foundation to achieve that (perfect) look it will sit on my dry skin, be obvious, and show up in flash photos. 

#6 AyeAye

AyeAye

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 30
About Me
  • Interests:Boxing, cycling, reading, learning to speak french (tres mal), public speaking, bush walking/hiking, chocolate - well actually food in general, and perfect skin.... gazing admiringly at people's perfect skin.

Achievements

Posted 29 October 2013 - 07:35 PM

I agree, just apply foundation or concealer to the areas that need it and leave the rest of your skin alone.  I a bit like you, where my skin reacts to wiping things on my face (such as makeup remover wipes).  what I did was change my foundation to something that a lot lighter and just washed off with my normal cleanser.  I used to wear double wear but that stuff is like glue and so hard to get off.  I switched to Almay which is a really light foundation which is easy to wash off.

Have a great time at the wedding, I'm sure you will have a blast! :)

After remaining clear for around 1.5 years following DKR (The Regimen), in March 2013 I decided to change to Epiduo.  I use a pea size amount of epiduo each night, followed by a layer of topical antibiotic (Eryacne). I also apply Eryacne every morning and moisturise twice a day. After switching to Epiduo from the regimen I found that it took a good 3 months to get back to being perfectly clear again and now I might get one small pimple appear per month.  I can live with that smile.png

I started following Dan's Regimen in September 2011 after suffering with acne for 20 years or so. I followed the Regimen instructions exactly and became 100% clear within 9-11 weeks. In December 2011 and after being consistently clear for over a month, I started to slowly reduce the amount of BP I used until I was only applying BP at night. My skin still remained clear however I sometimes switched to applying BP twice a day for a few days (perhaps once a month) if I felt a few under skin bumps starting to come up. I used acne.org products (including AHA and jojoba oil) and sometimes cetaphil moisturiser at night if I felt my skin was especially dry.  In the gallery I show my week by week progress following the regimen.

#7 Avada Kedavra Acne

Avada Kedavra Acne

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 October 2013 - 10:13 PM

Thanks! Y

I agree, just apply foundation or concealer to the areas that need it and leave the rest of your skin alone.  I a bit like you, where my skin reacts to wiping things on my face (such as makeup remover wipes).  what I did was change my foundation to something that a lot lighter and just washed off with my normal cleanser.  I used to wear double wear but that stuff is like glue and so hard to get off.  I switched to Almay which is a really light foundation which is easy to wash off.

Have a great time at the wedding, I'm sure you will have a blast! smile.png

Thanks! Yeah ill just cover the spots that need it the most and leave the red bare. Also ive been trying to use eyeshadow in natural shades just to give my eyes a little definition... my eyes swelled up and turned red. i get this with eyeliner, and anything around my eyes. (not mascara) Looks like a cavewomen was invited to the wedding! My makeup is al natural

#8 Green Gables

Green Gables

RETIRED

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 October 2013 - 09:06 PM

When I was going through a period of acne and yet really dry skin, I did the following:

- One layer of just CeraVe Hydrating Lotion. Let dry 5 minutes.

- One layer of makeup primer. MAC Prep + Prime is the only one I like. Let dry 5 minutes.

- Mixed a liquid foundation with more CeraVe Hydrating Lotion. And applied in layers until I got the look I wanted. It was easier to take off, and didn't look "dry" on my skin. 

I still do this sometimes even though I am clear, just because it gives me a much better photo-ready finish. 

Edited by Green Gables, 31 October 2013 - 09:07 PM.

photo-152109.gif?_r=1345837784?__rand=0.

I don't get notified of your response to my post unless you QUOTE my post.

Please only quote a small portion of the post so it doesn't clutter up the thread. 

How to Treat Hormonal Acne

Good and Bad Birth Control Pills and Implants for Acne

How to take Spironolactone

List of Doctors Who Prescribe Spironolactone

Topicals for Hormonal Acne

HOW I STAY 100% CLEAR:

Spironolactone (anti-androgen drug)

Betaine HCL with each meal

Avoiding silicones and occlusives in skin/hair products

#9 acl94536

acl94536

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:34 PM

My skin is very sensitive when I use something like makeup wipes. Now, I just use CeraVe foaming facial cleanser and it washes the makeup right off without irritating my skin. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users