Soy And Spiro

4 replies to this topic

#1 TippyToes81

TippyToes81

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 October 2013 - 08:55 PM

Soy is a horrible acne trigger for me. I avoid it, but it's hard to eliminate completely and I'm really sick of trying to stay away from it when so many great foods use it, especially Japanese food.

I'm wondering if anyone who had this same problem found that the trigger went away once they were on Spiro for a while??

OR on the other side of things, might soy interfere with Spiro being effective? I understand soy plays a role with estrogen and some ppl have recommended not eating it at all when trying to get clear. Could eating soy delay or prevent my hormones from balancing with the spiro?

I don't sit around chomping on tofu or chugging soy milk or anything... so I'm not talking huge quantities or anything.

#2 Green Gables

Green Gables

RETIRED

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 October 2013 - 10:11 PM

You might want to read the Abstract and Conclusion of this study: The pros and cons of phytoestrogens.

#3 maria199

maria199

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Medicine, Physics-Chemistry-Maths, gardening

Achievements

Posted 29 October 2013 - 03:12 AM

When spiro used to work i had no issue with foods of any kind.. not that i ate much soy, just the "soy lecithin" in biscuits etc.

#4 TippyToes81

TippyToes81

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:35 PM

Thanks guys. I've been reading a lot and really considering axing the soy for good. It's just such a huge commitment and I enjoy eating everything I see!

#5 Pianina

Pianina

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Teaching piano, singing, programming, web-design, photography, nutrition

Posted 01 November 2013 - 10:27 AM

My gynecologist told me to avoid high potassium foods like soy milk or tomatoes, because Spiro is a potassium-sparing diuretic. Besides this fact, I also read many bad things about soy - that it contains natural toxins, clot-promoting substances, blocks production of thyroid hormones and intake of essential minerals...Definitely something to avoid on or off Spiro...

I know it's hard to stay away from Japanese cuisine, I love it too! :)       

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users