Oil Pulling

2 replies to this topic

#1 ZitsSuck21

ZitsSuck21

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 October 2013 - 11:37 AM

Was just wondering has anybody gotten clear by oil pulling? I've heard that your mouth is linked to your skin. I was told by somebody to swish the oil around my mouth for 15 minutes then spit into a bin. I tried it a few days last week but I think it made me break out a bit, does anybody recommend to keep up with it?

#2 k3tchup

k3tchup

Registered Nurse

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:patient care, teaching, learning, interesting patients, quality discussions

Music, movies, occasional book.

Achievements

Posted 29 October 2013 - 01:03 AM

Was just wondering has anybody gotten clear by oil pulling? I've heard that your mouth is linked to your skin. I was told by somebody to swish the oil around my mouth for 15 minutes then spit into a bin. I tried it a few days last week but I think it made me break out a bit, does anybody recommend to keep up with it?

Tried it. No results. Helped teeth though.

Depends what oil you use. And im sorry to report but i cant remember which i tried. I did it in the morning and night when i used to shower x2 a day. I did it for 10 minutes. It was disgusting... i dont miss it.

I also read that its time sensitive. You are supposed to spit out the oil when it starts to break down too much. If left in your mouth too long, whatever was "pulled out" will be reabsorbed by the body. So in the end it sounded counterintuitive. I tried this for a month.

Just my experience.

Nurses quietly go about their work in a noble profession, uncelebrated soldiers toiling through the days and nights in service to the sick, the injured and the dying. 

#3 Quetzlcoatl

Quetzlcoatl

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:08 AM

It made my skin soft after about a week. I used coconut oil. It didn't do much for my acne though. Oh and it made my teeth whiter temporarily.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users