#21 dancedd

dancedd

Clear skin!!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 11 January 2014 - 11:38 PM

dont bother.. i know not everyone is the same.. but I've taken so many supplements , probiotics, omega 3s zinc biotin multivitamins etc....  I only do the regimen now.. and eat all i want, and dont take any supplements for my skin

Hi BryantMkIV,

I am glad that the regimen works for you. I've been down the same road as you have. Supplements, zinc, Omega-3, probiotics and on and on. I saw minor improvements but it was never 100%. How many times have you heard a girl say "I can have this soda or candy bar, I'll just run an extra 5 minutes at the gym to work it off."  It's stupid right? Eating crappy and taking supplements is the same thing. I was trying to rationalize my diet by taking over the counter pills hoping they would offset the unhealthy food I was putting in my body.

You are obviously in a good place because the regimen works for you. If the regimen worked 100% for me I would be very happy. However, even if I obtained 100% perfect complexion I would still challenge myself to eat healthier and I would still research various eating strategies that would promote my quality of life.

It is well documented that alcohol, red meats, and excessive sugar can significantly shorten our life span. That being said, not all of us necessarily want to live to 100 years of age.  But people sometimes forget that eating poorly can contribute to increased risk of stroke, diabetes, dementia, and intestinal cancers. People that get strokes often wind up partially paralyzed or complete vegetables. Those that suffer diabetes will need to take insulin and if they don't control their eating, they end up having their toes, feet, and legs amputated. Dementia patients won't remember anything and that is a fate worse than death. And people that get intestinal cancers will find themselves in an operating room with their legs spread out, high in the air whilst a colorectal surgeon cuts out part of their intestine and makes them a poop pouch that hangs outside their stomach.

I might get some or all of these aforementioned conditions. But if I can eat conscientiously and lower my risk of getting these conditions, then I most certainly will try.

just a clarification, it is the processed red meats that are bad:) grass fed organic red meats are good for you:)

dont bother.. i know not everyone is the same.. but I've taken so many supplements , probiotics, omega 3s zinc biotin multivitamins etc....  I only do the regimen now.. and eat all i want, and dont take any supplements for my skin

Just as you stated not everyone is the same. And for me just the regimen is not enough. And just the diet is not enough either. So you are very lucky that you can eat all you want with just the regimen.

#22 dylonspythotfyre

dylonspythotfyre

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 January 2014 - 08:51 PM

Hi BryantMkIV,

I am glad that the regimen works for you. I've been down the same road as you have. Supplements, zinc, Omega-3, probiotics and on and on. I saw minor improvements but it was never 100%. How many times have you heard a girl say "I can have this soda or candy bar, I'll just run an extra 5 minutes at the gym to work it off."  It's stupid right? Eating crappy and taking supplements is the same thing. I was trying to rationalize my diet by taking over the counter pills hoping they would offset the unhealthy food I was putting in my body.

You are obviously in a good place because the regimen works for you. If the regimen worked 100% for me I would be very happy. However, even if I obtained 100% perfect complexion I would still challenge myself to eat healthier and I would still research various eating strategies that would promote my quality of life.

It is well documented that alcohol, red meats, and excessive sugar can significantly shorten our life span. That being said, not all of us necessarily want to live to 100 years of age.  But people sometimes forget that eating poorly can contribute to increased risk of stroke, diabetes, dementia, and intestinal cancers. People that get strokes often wind up partially paralyzed or complete vegetables. Those that suffer diabetes will need to take insulin and if they don't control their eating, they end up having their toes, feet, and legs amputated. Dementia patients won't remember anything and that is a fate worse than death. And people that get intestinal cancers will find themselves in an operating room with their legs spread out, high in the air whilst a colorectal surgeon cuts out part of their intestine and makes them a poop pouch that hangs outside their stomach.

I might get some or all of these aforementioned conditions. But if I can eat conscientiously and lower my risk of getting these conditions, then I most certainly will try.

just a clarification, it is the processed red meats that are bad:) grass fed organic red meats are good for you:)

I personally agree with this statement.  Whenever I do buy steaks, I buy grass-fed.  However, the literature I have read in the last several months does not conclusively indicate one way or the other that grass-fed is in fact better for you.  It stands to reason that grass-fed animals are healthier to consume. And perhaps there is a study out there that I have not yet found, but the studies I have looked at have either failed to control for the specific type of red meat being consumed or they have only looked at processed vs. unprocessed red meat and not grass-fed vs grain-fed.

#23 BryantMkIV

BryantMkIV

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 January 2014 - 10:12 AM

i agree, if the regimen doesn't work for one... one should watch what they eat

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users