post marks acne

2 replies to this topic

#1 CanWeNot

CanWeNot

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:13 PM

Hi everyone, I'm new to Acne.org. I'm basically going to give you a little story before the actual purpose of this post is told, so please bear with me. I've been dealing with some acne since 8th grade. I'm currently a junior. I've got most of my acne under control. I do get occasional whiteheads and blackheads here and there, but it's not severe. Quite mild, actually.

However, my problem is that I pick. And pick. And pick. I think it has to do with my OCD-like personality or something. I haven't been diagnosed, so I don't want to claim that I do have OCD. But bumps and other foreign things on my skin freak me out for some reason, so I pick. Picking kind of gives me relief, like I have some sort of control--which I don't.

Anyway, I've been dealing with red/brown marks since 8th grade. You know, you finally get rid of the blemish, but you have to deal with that pesky post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation that takes FOREVER to fade.

Back in August, I had a group of zits on my forehead, right above my right eyebrow. It was 3 zits--they formed a sort of triangle. I had "popped" them, but only fluid came out. The next day, they were scabbing. I guess I had damaged the tissue around them. The top two pimples healed in a few days and the scabs peeled. Yay, pink skin. But the third zit didn't heal as quickly. In fact, it stayed a scab for a while. When it finally peeled, the skin was ugly. It was somewhat brown and discolored. For the rest of summer, until school started, I applied organic apple cider vinegar and Neosporin, hoping it would somewhat improve.

Eventually, the spot began to fade. (Yay!) But suddenly, the skin around the spot began to peel. And not just flake off, but actually pull skin, exposing raw, red, bloody skin underneath. I felt horrible.

Basically, these three zits turned into a monster of a spot. It's now a circular brown mark with a piece of raw skin still healing. (I don't know why it's taking so long to heal. I don't even pick it.) I've been dealing with this particular spot for about 2 months now. I've stopped picking completely now. This was sort of a wake-up call. It's the worst I've dealt with. To make matters worse, it's on my forehead.

I'm going to attach a picture so you guys can see what I mean.

What can I do to heal it? I want it to be faded soon. I apply aloe vera, cocoa butter, and witch hazel, along with sunscreen, daily. I've used hydroquinone twice, but I hear it's carcinogenic. And that it can make marks even darker. Will this help? Or will I have to resort to peels? And I know that the only true treatment is "time," but I don't want to wait. It's ruining my self-esteem.
TL;DR: How can I fade this dark brown mark on my forehead quickly?

Edited by CanWeNot, 28 October 2013 - 12:43 AM.

#2 CanWeNot

CanWeNot

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:27 PM

bump.

#3 khayhatesacne

khayhatesacne

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 November 2013 - 04:05 AM

Hi, have you found a way to deal with this? I currently have 5 of the same spots on my face :( they are SO RAW and nasty! They're red and shiny too. Not sure whether to use makeup on them or not, but I'm afraid they will turn brown and my skin is too sensitive for me to use sunscreen on it, plus I don't feel it's good to use it on wounds. BAAAAHHH why does this happen 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users