epiduo initial breakout

3 replies to this topic

#1 ST22

ST22

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 October 2013 - 08:40 PM

Hi! I have been on epiduo for about 2 weeks now. The first week my skin started to clear up a bit. By the end of week one my skin became very dry so i have been using cetaphil moisturzing lotion which helps. Now it is about 2 weeks and i am FREEKING OUT. My skin has started to disgustingly breakout on my cheeks and forehead. I just want to know if this is the initial breakout and how long it will last. I am about to cry because i have had mild acne for about 4 years but now at week 2 it just got terrible. I want to continue using it because everyone says it works but i just want to know how long this possible initial breakout will last. PLEASE HELP!!

#2 AyeAye

AyeAye

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 30
About Me
  • Interests:Boxing, cycling, reading, learning to speak french (tres mal), public speaking, bush walking/hiking, chocolate - well actually food in general, and perfect skin.... gazing admiringly at people's perfect skin.

Achievements

Posted 22 October 2013 - 02:01 AM

Hang in there, a breakout is pretty normal.  I would say if you had mild acne to begin with, then this new breakout should clear up in a couple of weeks.  Its just all the bumps under your skin coming up to the surface.  Good luck! :)

After remaining clear for around 1.5 years following DKR (The Regimen), in March 2013 I decided to change to Epiduo.  I use a pea size amount of epiduo each night, followed by a layer of topical antibiotic (Eryacne). I also apply Eryacne every morning and moisturise twice a day. After switching to Epiduo from the regimen I found that it took a good 3 months to get back to being perfectly clear again and now I might get one small pimple appear per month.  I can live with that smile.png

I started following Dan's Regimen in September 2011 after suffering with acne for 20 years or so. I followed the Regimen instructions exactly and became 100% clear within 9-11 weeks. In December 2011 and after being consistently clear for over a month, I started to slowly reduce the amount of BP I used until I was only applying BP at night. My skin still remained clear however I sometimes switched to applying BP twice a day for a few days (perhaps once a month) if I felt a few under skin bumps starting to come up. I used acne.org products (including AHA and jojoba oil) and sometimes cetaphil moisturiser at night if I felt my skin was especially dry.  In the gallery I show my week by week progress following the regimen.

#3 Like Moonlight

Like Moonlight

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 22 October 2013 - 10:56 AM

Moved topic to the prescription medications thread.
Regimen:
AM: CeraVe foaming face wash, 100mg Spirolactone
PM: CeraVe foaming face wash, witch hazel, Acne.org AHA+
Been taking Sprio since 1/2013

#4 CrescentCity07

CrescentCity07

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:25 PM

I just started my epidou treatment last night and i have mild acne as well. i noticed today that my skin began to breakout more. i was nervous and breaking out i began to pick at it due to frustration. But that's. Not good i just hatethe look of it. .hopefully it works

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users