differin clindamycin phosphate sleepovers make up embarrassment break outs

5 replies to this topic

#1 VitalMoon

VitalMoon

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 October 2013 - 05:37 PM

I'm on a prescription regimen of applying clindamycin phosphate every night and Differin every other night. A few weeks ago I slept over a friend's house and was too embarrassed to take off my make up, so I slept in it. Will this make me break out AND totally ruin the regimen? 

#2 SunnySarah

SunnySarah

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:reading, watching movies, volunteering, cooking, traveling, meeting new people, exploring

Achievements

Posted 20 October 2013 - 07:04 PM

I'm on a prescription regimen of applying clindamycin phosphate every night and Differin every other night. A few weeks ago I slept over a friend's house and was too embarrassed to take off my make up, so I slept in it. Will this make me break out AND totally ruin the regimen? 

Hi VitalMoon!

I've never used the acne.org regimen, but I don't think one day will ruin the entire effect of the medicine, nor will it break you out. Since you said you had done this a few weeks ago, the acne that may have been caused by your cosmetics is likely gone by now. Makeup wont build up in the skin unless you do not wash your face. (:

#3 VitalMoon

VitalMoon

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 October 2013 - 07:08 PM

Oh no I'm not on the acne.org  regimen, I'm on a prescription. :) And my bad instead of weeks I meant days. I just 

started my prescription plan last week and I'm scared I ruined it. :(

I put on makeup at about noon and didn't wash it off around 7 P.M the next day.

#4 Avada Kedavra Acne

Avada Kedavra Acne

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 October 2013 - 07:49 PM

Dont worry about it laddie- you have a better chance of breaking out over the stress of it! So go make a cup of tea and kick you're feet up and relax :) 

#5 SunnySarah

SunnySarah

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:reading, watching movies, volunteering, cooking, traveling, meeting new people, exploring

Achievements

Posted 21 October 2013 - 04:20 AM

Oh no I'm not on the acne.org  regimen, I'm on a prescription. smile.png And my bad instead of weeks I meant days. I just 

started my prescription plan last week and I'm scared I ruined it. sad.png

I put on makeup at about noon and didn't wash it off around 7 P.M the next day.

VitalMoon, sorry I misread your post. No matter what products you're using, one day of skipping it will not mess the entire result up. Is your skin breaking out right now? Any acne that your makeup would have caused would be showing the day after or even a few days. Keep following your regimen and you'll be fine. (:

#6 VitalMoon

VitalMoon

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 November 2013 - 10:35 PM

Thank you! I've skipped about three days(not in a row) because sometimes I get really tired and forget to do it and I just get worried that it'll ruin the whole thing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users