2 replies to this topic

#1 hiddenScars

hiddenScars

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:music, sports

Posted 19 October 2013 - 02:07 PM

Hi, after 18 months of fighting acne, I'm in the wrinkle/hyperpigmentation/scar stage now.  I liked Dan's AHA so much for acne, fine lines & eczema that I bought Alpha Hydrox's Enhanced lotion, Retinol ResQ, Eye & Upper Lip Cream, & Spot Light (skin lightener).  I should have researched his site thoroughly, because...

1.  The eye cream has Myristyl Myristate, Stearic Acid & soybean oil.  Nobody on Amazon complained about breakouts, but that's probably because their skin is dry & wrinkled.

2.  Spot Light, which Dr. Oz (Oprah Winfrey's friend) recommended, has Isopropyl Palmitate, Glyceryl Stearate & Laureth-23.  Some reviewers on Amazon said they broke out, or the dark areas became darker!  I'm dark-ish (not African-American) with yellow undertones.

***Will these 2 products make me break out?  Will the lightener make hyperpigmentation worse?***

The past 18 months were somewhat hellish, because I also have eczema.  I thought it was the discontinuation (sp?) of birth control pills, chocolate, hormonal imbalance from fast weight gain caused by hypoglycemia, or menopausal (sp?) stuff.  Now, I think generic Derma-Smooth, a hydrocortisone oil that I applied on my scalp & back, caused acne.  I would like to kick the dermatologist in the ass.

Thanks for your help.

#2 jamesrobert

jamesrobert

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 October 2013 - 12:32 AM

Why don't you try organic products for acne and anti aging. They are well suited to all types of skin and do not cause any side effects.

#3 hiddenScars

hiddenScars

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:music, sports

Posted 09 November 2013 - 01:25 PM

Hi, jamesrobert,

Glycolic acid (like in Dan's product) comes from sugarcane, so I guess it's organic.  I think I will e-mail D.K. & ask him to recommend wrinkle creams for acne-prone skin, lol.  After I wrote that post, my forehead broke out!  That's it--I stopped using the A.H. stuff & baby oil on my scalp.  My skin's back to normal now.  Anyway, thanks for your reply.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users