Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Safe For Acne-Prone?

3 posts in this topic

Hi, after 18 months of fighting acne, I'm in the wrinkle/hyperpigmentation/scar stage now. I liked Dan's AHA so much for acne, fine lines & eczema that I bought Alpha Hydrox's Enhanced lotion, Retinol ResQ, Eye & Upper Lip Cream, & Spot Light (skin lightener). I should have researched his site thoroughly, because...

1. The eye cream has Myristyl Myristate, Stearic Acid & soybean oil. Nobody on Amazon complained about breakouts, but that's probably because their skin is dry & wrinkled.

2. Spot Light, which Dr. Oz (Oprah Winfrey's friend) recommended, has Isopropyl Palmitate, Glyceryl Stearate & Laureth-23. Some reviewers on Amazon said they broke out, or the dark areas became darker! I'm dark-ish (not African-American) with yellow undertones.

***Will these 2 products make me break out? Will the lightener make hyperpigmentation worse?***

The past 18 months were somewhat hellish, because I also have eczema. I thought it was the discontinuation (sp?) of birth control pills, chocolate, hormonal imbalance from fast weight gain caused by hypoglycemia, or menopausal (sp?) stuff. Now, I think generic Derma-Smooth, a hydrocortisone oil that I applied on my scalp & back, caused acne. I would like to kick the dermatologist in the ass.

Thanks for your help.

Why don't you try organic products for acne and anti aging. They are well suited to all types of skin and do not cause any side effects.

Hi, jamesrobert,

Glycolic acid (like in Dan's product) comes from sugarcane, so I guess it's organic. I think I will e-mail D.K. & ask him to recommend wrinkle creams for acne-prone skin, lol. After I wrote that post, my forehead broke out! That's it--I stopped using the A.H. stuff & baby oil on my scalp. My skin's back to normal now. Anyway, thanks for your reply.