Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dark Face, Lighter Neck/body

5 posts in this topic

I have noticed over the years my face has increasingly become darker than my neck and body. It could be from years of attempting to correct my hyperpigmentation with exfoliants, over exfoliating and occasionally hydroquinone.

My question is, has anyone with brown skin had this issue? What did you do/use to even out your skin tone? Please no HQ eusa_wall.gif

I don't have brown skin so I can't help you with that, but if you are looking for an alternative to hydroquinone, you can try kojic acid. It's used in many lightening / evening-out serums. It's best to only use it a night, though, because it can make your skin more sensitive to the sun...but not as bad as hq.

Current regimen: garlic supplements [as needed], Enzymedica gluten blocker [as needed], nicadan [not sure if it works yet]. I try to simplify as much as I can. Don't take more supplements than you need....try one at a time and be patient.

The supplements that really helped me when my acne was at its worst: inositol, DIM [not as frequently now!] digestive enzymes [don't need them every day anymore, only on cheat days], herpanacine & vitamin C with rose hips/ low acid [not every day], regular sun exposure for vitamin D3, superoxide dismutase (SOD) enzyme supplements. NOTE: I do not recommend DIM for long term use, and I do not recommend hormonal creams without doctor supervision.

Lifestyle & Skin Care: acupuncture, regular exercise/ yoga, low histamine diet, avoiding unnecessary stress, balancing skin's PH (using Image Ormedics), using distilled/ filtered water to wash face, occasional high frequency facials...

Grocery list:

** Find the cause, find the cure **

** If you have a question for me, please ask it publicly so that others can benefit from the discussion**

I have noticed over the years my face has increasingly become darker than my neck and body. It could be from years of attempting to correct my hyperpigmentation with exfoliants, over exfoliating and occasionally hydroquinone.

My question is, has anyone with brown skin had this issue? What did you do/use to even out your skin tone? Please no HQ eusa_wall.gif

brown skinned woman here. i have a bit of hyperpigmentation as well. i don't really do much to it though. i've read about manjistha being good to use for evening out ones skin tone, yet i have yet to try that.

1 person likes this

I know this is very late so I hope you see it but I have the precise issue. My skin is much darker than my neck and chest area. I'm hoping some mild chemical peels turn this around.