mouth acne herpes acne mouth hormonal

4 replies to this topic

#1 Sullivan0930

Sullivan0930

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:45 AM

Ive had this red bump on the corner of my mouth for over a month now. (i also get it on the opposite top corner but not as large) ive put 10% benzoyl on it, Apple cider vinegar(topically and orally), Tea Tree oil, and nothing seems to bring it down. it gets very red and is really killing my self confidence. I dont think its herpes because it doesn't seem to be a cluster or have ever scabbed, or look yellow. (but who would want to believe they have herpes) 

As you can see the majority of my acne is cheeks/chin. Ive just started taking Saw Palmetto Extract to try and balance the hormones. I work out with heavy weights about 5 days a week and think its the testosterone converting to DHT that is causing the majority of my acne and Saw palmetto is supposed to stop that.

Attached Files

#2 Green Gables

Green Gables

RETIRED

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:52 AM

It looks like an acne cyst to me. Some of my acne cysts did not go away until I got a cortisone shot in it from the dermatologist. I mean, they could last years sometimes, so I'd just get a cortisone shot as soon as you can.

Edited by Green Gables, 18 October 2013 - 10:52 AM.

#3 Sullivan0930

Sullivan0930

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:54 AM

It looks like an acne cyst to me. Some of my acne cysts did not go away until I got a cortisone shot in it from the dermatologist. I mean, they could last years sometimes, so I'd just get a cortisone shot as soon as you can.

thank you, thats a bit of a relief. i dont have any healthcare so idk if ill be visiting a derm anytime soon unfortunately. 

#4 Vanbelle

Vanbelle

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:31 AM

This title made me kind of chuckle. I'm a bad person. But um, I would suggest going to a free clinic and getting this looked at if you truly suspect you have been exposed to herpes simplex type I. This is not a good place to get this kind of opinion! If we tell you this isn't herpes, and it goes away, and inbetween flareups you are sexually active with another partner, this is irresponsible for everyone who takes part in this thread. 

Hope you take my advice!

#5 Green Gables

Green Gables

RETIRED

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:06 PM

thank you, thats a bit of a relief. i dont have any healthcare so idk if ill be visiting a derm anytime soon unfortunately. 

Call a few dermatologists, tell them you're uninsured, and just ask them what a visit + a cortisone shot would cost out of pocket. You will eventually find one who will work with you on the price.

I didn't have health insurance for a long time, and honestly I usually paid less overall...than I pay now every month in health insurance premiums.

Edited by Green Gables, 18 October 2013 - 12:07 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users