augmentin cyst amoxicillin acne

No replies to this topic

#1 zjprs10

zjprs10

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 October 2013 - 05:57 AM

I've had terrible trouble in the past with acne, BP never worked, and I thought I found my magic secret in Tea Tree Oil. For the last 2 years I've had mild to moderate acne thanks to TTO, without it I would be very severe. However, on occasion, I do get large cysts, and about 2 weeks ago I got a huge one on my nose. It looks horrible, it feels horrible, and I'm in the UK where it's almost impossible to get a dermatologist appointment on the NHS (poor student, can't afford a private appointment) to get a cortisone injection.

I've had a history of chest infections (unrelated, I presume) throughout my life so I have a full course of Augmentin pretty much on standby all the time, and I've decided to try and use it to help clear this cyst - does anyone know of any success stories from using Augmentin to clear a cyst? How long should it take to reduce in size? Should I also use Ibuprofen to try and reduce swelling?

It's a really horrible one, filled with pus but will never form a head and has been this way for about 2 weeks. I'm going on a first date in two days with a girl I met recently and I really don't want to feel uncomfortable, embarassed and self conscious the whole time because of this huge red lump on my nose!

Thanks a lot

NB Augmentin is a 625mb tablet which contains 500mb Amoxicillin and 125mg clavulanic acid

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users