32 replies to this topic

#1 SwellDiscus

SwellDiscus

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:49 PM

Hi all!

I have been on the regimen for over a month now,  my acne has stopped being aggresive, I still have red marks from where the spots, will this fade or will I need to treat these areas, and with what?

But my main question is, is acne cured forever from Benzoyl Peroxide? I dont want to keep using BP for years to maintain its effect.

By the way I have mild acne.

Edited by SwellDiscus, 14 October 2013 - 12:58 PM.

#2 Kelly617

Kelly617

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 October 2013 - 02:54 PM

There is no cure for acne. Nothing you apply or take is guaranteed to get rid of it forever. Some people grow out of it over time, others have it their entire lives. All we can do is use treatments like BP to keep it under control. Hopefully you will grow out of your acne and you won't have to treat it with BP or whatever else works for you forever, but you may not.

#3 KSG1996

KSG1996

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 8
About Me
  • Interests:Soccer, helping others

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:18 PM

50/50 chance. Depends on the person and how their skin reacts to it. I'm sorry to ask but how old are you? By just knowing your age, it can determine if your acne is hormonal, from oil production, etc.

Cheers.

#4 xdevochkax

xdevochkax

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:03 PM

I'm curious about this too. BP is the only non-Rx that works for me, but I've never tried it for a long enough period of time (because ProActiv is the devil) to see if I'll be okay without it.

#5 andrewbleah

andrewbleah

I'm wise.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me

Achievements

Posted 15 October 2013 - 09:01 AM

I'm sorry to ask but how old are you? By just knowing your age, it can determine if your acne is hormonal, from oil production, etc.

Are you some sort of genius?

#6 SwellDiscus

SwellDiscus

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 October 2013 - 11:07 AM

I'm curious about this too. BP is the only non-Rx that works for me, but I've never tried it for a long enough period of time (because ProActiv is the devil) to see if I'll be okay without it.

why is pro active the devil?

#7 KSG1996

KSG1996

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 8
About Me
  • Interests:Soccer, helping others

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:12 PM

I'm sorry to ask but how old are you? By just knowing your age, it can determine if your acne is hormonal, from oil production, etc.

Did I ever claim to be one? What's with your attitude? Is it a side effect you got left with after the Accutane?

#8 andrewbleah

andrewbleah

I'm wise.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me

Achievements

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:55 AM

Did I ever claim to be one? What's with your attitude? Is it a side effect you got left with after the Accutane?

No, i said that because it's not easy to do that.

Edited by andrewbleah, 16 October 2013 - 09:58 AM.

#9 xdevochkax

xdevochkax

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 17 October 2013 - 12:54 AM

why is pro active the devil?

There are a lot of flaws in the ProActiv 3 Step System. Most people can't handle it for a long period of time because it never stops stripping the skin. I have hyperpigmentation marks that look like burns near my mouth area from when I used it.

#10 Ashish Sharma

Ashish Sharma

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:36 AM

Benzoyl Peroxide will just hide the symptoms of Acne that is in your case mild red spots. Benzoyl peroxide can never cure acne permanently, it just kills the bacteria responsible for acne which will come back again and multiply once you stop using BP. I would advice you to not to take Benzoyl Peroxide products, instead you should cure it naturally. 

#11 Monicalovesben

Monicalovesben

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 November 2013 - 07:38 PM

My dad used tons of Bp before he grew out of it.

#12 Calumma

Calumma

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:33, Mom of 2 boys

Posted 08 November 2013 - 12:02 PM

I have been using BP without a break for over 20 years. It never stopped working, but I had phases that needed more BP or less BP to keep my acne under control. Most of the time it was absolutely sufficient to use it only in the evening.

So I cannot give you hope that it helps you get rid of it. But at least I can tell you that my skin is -according to my derm - less damaged than average women's skin at my age. I was always avoiding too much sun on BP and all kinds of aggressive Irritants,most likely that is the reason, but for sure the BP did not cause any excessive aging or damage like some people fear.

#13 ea1986

ea1986

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:24 PM

Benzoyl Peroxide will just hide the symptoms of Acne that is in your case mild red spots. Benzoyl peroxide can never cure acne permanently, it just kills the bacteria responsible for acne which will come back again and multiply once you stop using BP. I would advice you to not to take Benzoyl Peroxide products, instead you should cure it naturally. 

How ?

#14 xdevochkax

xdevochkax

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 09 November 2013 - 04:18 AM

How ?

There are many natural methods. A clean and healthy diet is a given, but there are options like cleansing with the oil cleansing method, cleansing balms, honey, black soap, witch hazel; moisturizing with natural carrier and essential oils; not washing at all, etc. I'm sure there are many more options, but I'm not an expert.

I do agree that curing it naturally would be ideal, but it doesn't always work for everyone. I tried several methods for months upon months last year with no results. It didn't exacerbate my acne, but it didn't really help it either.

I will say that I do like oil cleansing for a really deep pore unclogging cleanse, though. It's still my fave method for exfoliation.

#15 Lilly75

Lilly75

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 09 November 2013 - 05:11 AM

BP is the sort of thing that only works while you use it. There may be a few people whose skin stays clear after stopping BP (maybe they've been the lucky few to outgrow acne) but for majority of people, you do need to keep using it to stay clear / continue to see improvements. It's just the way BP works.

#16 Monicalovesben

Monicalovesben

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 November 2013 - 10:10 AM

BP is the sort of thing that only works while you use it. There may be a few people whose skin stays clear after stopping BP (maybe they've been the lucky few to outgrow acne) but for majority of people, you do need to keep using it to stay clear / continue to see improvements. It's just the way BP works.

Why do you say few, when you mean majority?

Most people outgrow their acne, just because you haven't yet doesn't mean you that you won't in the near future.

#17 Calumma

Calumma

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:33, Mom of 2 boys

Posted 09 November 2013 - 11:00 AM

Well, it seems rather unlikely to outgrow your acne, once you have passed a certain age. Especially as a female. I know many women with skin problems , and to be honest...the ones that still had acne in their twenties, also had it is their thirties and fourties if they did not treat it.

We had a real acne "boom" around, when all our female friends came off BC because they wanted to have babies. I bet the main reason many women seem to have clear skin that used to be acne-probe in their early twenties, is the use of birth control.

Nowadays there are more women with acne here, because they took diane 35 off market due to its dangers. I bet they will do the same for Yaz soon, so this causes a lot of problems for women with acne.

#18 Lilly75

Lilly75

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 09 November 2013 - 05:54 PM

Most people outgrow their acne, just because you haven't yet doesn't mean you that you won't in the near future.

Well I just personally haven't heard or come across many people who have outgrown their acne (unless the acne they had was super mild 'teenage' acne). It seems to me that people find a treatment - of whatever sort - that works for them and they continue using it to see results.

Not saying you can't outgrow acne, and I would love to outgrow mine - I just think it's unlikely...

#19 TrentAH

TrentAH

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 09 November 2013 - 07:14 PM

Bp has stopped working for me, I was using it for about 2 years, off and on, now it doesnt work that much.

#20 Monicalovesben

Monicalovesben

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 November 2013 - 12:20 PM

I have been using BP without a break for over 20 years. It never stopped working, but I had phases that needed more BP or less BP to keep my acne under control. Most of the time it was absolutely sufficient to use it only in the evening.

So I cannot give you hope that it helps you get rid of it. But at least I can tell you that my skin is -according to my derm - less damaged than average women's skin at my age. I was always avoiding too much sun on BP and all kinds of aggressive Irritants,most likely that is the reason, but for sure the BP did not cause any excessive aging or damage like some people fear.

Well, it seems rather unlikely to outgrow your acne, once you have passed a certain age. Especially as a female. I know many women with skin problems , and to be honest...the ones that still had acne in their twenties, also had it is their thirties and fourties if they did not treat it.
We had a real acne "boom" around, when all our female friends came off BC because they wanted to have babies. I bet the main reason many women seem to have clear skin that used to be acne-probe in their early twenties, is the use of birth control.
Nowadays there are more women with acne here, because they took diane 35 off market due to its dangers. I bet they will do the same for Yaz soon, so this causes a lot of problems for women with acne.

Plenty of women outgrow their acne without the use of birth control. It's all in the genetics. I have seen many women outgrow it, so you really don't have the right to make it seem extremely unlikely. It's not. I will be outgrowing my acne soon, and I'm a female and it's already starting to clear up actually. Just like my fathers did. You don't need to make others feel hopeless just from what you've observed, and from what I observed I don't know one female suffering with adult acne.

:)

Well I just personally haven't heard or come across many people who have outgrown their acne (unless the acne they had was super mild 'teenage' acne). It seems to me that people find a treatment - of whatever sort - that works for them and they continue using it to see results.
Not saying you can't outgrow acne, and I would love to outgrow mine - I just think it's unlikely...

For most people it clears up. You just turned 20, that's young. There's still a lot of hope.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users