Photo

Spiro For 2Nd Time

spiro aldactone hormonal acne

Best Answer Valerie44, 22 April 2014 - 07:14 PM

Awesome news CarpeMomentum!!!! My doctor wouldn't up my dose since he seems to think my skin is looking great at the 50 dose. Im not so sure, even tho im clear right now I always test how well the Spiro is coming along when I get close to my period, that's when I usually break out like crazy, I must say I only got one cyst this past menstrual cycle compared to the 3 or 4 I would normally get so that is progress :)  Im happy to hear your doing well and praying we all keep on the road to clear skin !!!!

Maria, what dose of the Spiro are you taking now?

Go to the full post

200 replies to this topic

#41 Calumma

Calumma

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:33, Mom of 2 boys

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:07 AM

I think it is not mainly the concentration, but also the acidity of the peel which determines how effective it is. My 10% is the weekly resurfacing treatment by Paulas choice. I think they sell samples. For me the effects were stunning after the first night. sop you might give it a try once maybe. Or you right away try the peels that green gables uses ( lactic acid and BHA) by MUAC, I only heard really good things about them. You might want to check the homepage, because som kinds of peelings seem more suiteable for acne than others. But it sounds strange that an 18% AHA does not help woth closed comedones ,when the 10% for me erased tons of them over night.

Successfully on "the regimen" from age 12 to 33 for cystic acne
 Now:
 100mg spironolactone since 08/13
Paula's Choice BHA 2%,
Green Cream 6 Retinol

Acne free and already almost free of hyperpigmentation, discolorations and wrinkles

#42 maria199

maria199

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Medicine, Physics-Chemistry-Maths, gardening

Achievements

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:25 AM

I think it is not mainly the concentration, but also the acidity of the peel which determines how effective it is. My 10% is the weekly resurfacing treatment by Paulas choice. I think they sell samples. For me the effects were stunning after the first night. sop you might give it a try once maybe. Or you right away try the peels that green gables uses ( lactic acid and BHA) by MUAC, I only heard really good things about them. You might want to check the homepage, because som kinds of peelings seem more suiteable for acne than others. But it sounds strange that an 18% AHA does not help woth closed comedones ,when the 10% for me erased tons of them over night.

Paula's Choice doesn't ship here, i can't find MUAC products either.. i don't want to mess up with ordering from foreign countries. I haven't used the 18% concentration, it's the highest that i found, it's available here and it's not comedogenic so i am considering it. They claim that it doesn't irritate the skin but i don't know since i will start using b.p. which has this effect on it's own.

What clears my acne:

Spironolactone 100 mg + limiting dairy

indoxyl (duac) gel + aha + baby brush for comedones.

3hnd.jpg

#43 maria199

maria199

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 08 November 2013 - 05:12 AM

Yesterday night i saw a new swelling around a blackhead in the middle of my chin. 24h after facial, i guess that's why i don't think it was a good facial. I iced it and put b.p. and aha on it and it's better. There is a new small pustule-the kind i had before the facial, if these continiue for a few more weeks i am gonna try 75 mg. There is a new swelling next to the one around the blackhead i said before, i 'll do the same spot treatment for this. The strange thing is that i touch it and the pain is located on my jawline, the strange pain i wrote about a week ago and that worries me a lot. I still feel pain on some spots of my cheeks and i don't know if it is just pain from the extraction, if they are new-independent or related to the extraction breakouts. I have 2 small pus filled papules on my nose-really really small but i don't think i should have them, i guess the antisepsis wasn't very good so i wonder how many of these breakouts are related to the facial? I've lost count.

What clears my acne:

3hnd.jpg

#44 maria199

maria199

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 09 November 2013 - 08:13 AM

One of the painful spots is actually a new pustule and i think it is a not removed closed comedone as well. I iced it and put b.p. and aha to stop it from growing like the previous-huge and they are both on the same side. There is also a new pain next to a healed (but still hypertrophic) pustule-this was comedone, the new i don't know. I am tired of icing my face, i just want it to be clear.. sad.png  I started clindamycin+b.p. gel yesterday, the derm said to use every other night at the begining.

What clears my acne:

3hnd.jpg

#45 maria199

maria199

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 11 November 2013 - 06:23 AM

nothing new today but there is a comedone that will be inflamed tomorrow.. I 've ordered the 18% aha product and hope it will help.. If not then i might try a salicylic acid peeling from a professional..

What clears my acne:

3hnd.jpg

#46 maria199

maria199

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 12 November 2013 - 03:46 AM

the comedone is inflamed now, next to my mouth and it's painful much of the time.. I can't believe i am not clear due to a type of acne i have never had before and she said that i have many microcysts so it could persist for a long time..

What clears my acne:

3hnd.jpg

#47 maria199

maria199

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 13 November 2013 - 06:13 AM

alright, no new acne and the spot treatment dried that pimple really fast but actually i am going through the worst days of my life..

What clears my acne:

3hnd.jpg

#48 Calumma

Calumma

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 November 2013 - 07:23 AM

Hey, hang on. I know it sucks soooo much when your skin is going crazy. Spiro is just so slow, and it is frustrating that on top of your normal acne, you get totally strange new pimples. But this is also a sign that there ARE changes happening, and you can be optimistic that it will work . It is only a question of time.

Now:
Paula's Choice BHA 2%,
Green Cream 6 Retinol

Acne free and already almost free of hyperpigmentation, discolorations and wrinkles

#49 maria199

maria199

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 13 November 2013 - 07:38 AM

Hey, hang on. I know it sucks soooo much when your skin is going crazy. Spiro is just so slow, and it is frustrating that on top of your normal acne, you get totally strange new pimples. But this is also a sign that there ARE changes happening, and you can be optimistic that it will work . It is only a question of time.

it's not only acne now. . Yesterday i put on a kyphosis brace (if i am spelling it right).. Medicine right from the dark ages, i kept waking up every 1 and a half hour and i must use it as many hours as i can for one year. I was never superstitious but 2013 is medically the worst year for me and my family..

What clears my acne:

3hnd.jpg

#50 Calumma

Calumma

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 November 2013 - 07:46 AM

Oh geez, that is terrible. I hope you get used to it soon, so you can get good sleep again.

Now:
Paula's Choice BHA 2%,
Green Cream 6 Retinol

#51 Valerie44

Valerie44

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 18
About Me
  • Interests:I love spending time with my family and wonderful husband. I also enjoy going to the movies, working out, shopping, and anything to do with beauty. Plz feel free to add me as a friend, would love to chat with people who are going thru the same acne issues as me.

Achievements

Posted 13 November 2013 - 07:52 AM

Hey Maria199, I've been following a lot of your posts and I feel for you, but just know that this will pass, keep positive thoughts, I know that's hard and easier said than done, I also have  health issues unrelated to acne and I know its tough...if you ever want to talk, feel free to message me.

MORNING

Wash face with Skinceuticals Simply Clean
Neutrogena Sensitive Skin Moisturizer
Take Minocycline 100mg (when needed)

NIGHT
Take Spironolactone 50 mg
Wash face with Skinceuticals Simply Clean
Apply Aczone 5%
Retin-A .1% (waits 20 to 30 mins before applying)

MAKEUP

Origins Silk Screen Powder in Light Spice from Macys

Dermablend Smooth Indulgence Foundation
Lancôme Blush in Shimmery Pink Pool
Origins Lipstick in Buttercup
BareMinerals Flawless Definition Mascara in Black
Sephora Contour Eye Pencil Water Proof in Black Lace

#52 maria199

maria199

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 13 November 2013 - 07:53 AM

thank you both, terrible sleep and desperation don't help acne either.. It's good to know that i am not alone

Edited by maria199, 13 November 2013 - 07:54 AM.

What clears my acne:

3hnd.jpg

#53 maria199

maria199

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:30 AM

Since yesterday i noticed 2 red spots but they are small and painless, i don't know if they will pose a problem or just disappear like others had. My face is drying but b.p., i have some flakes on my chin because i used aha too to eliminate microcysts- i know i shouldn't use aha and bp before a month has passed but i could mesure at least 7 microcysts only at the left corner of my mouth so i decided to take the risk.

About the other health problem, yesterday night about 4 am a brilliant idea crossed my mind.. why not take ALL my aldactone pills now? After all we are worried about K with doses of 50-100-200 mg.. Then i took a look at spiro's LD50 and changed my mind about the success i would have. Thankfully my mom wake up half an hour later and she saw i was still awake and she took that thing off..

What clears my acne:

3hnd.jpg

#54 maria199

maria199

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 15 November 2013 - 10:39 AM

Just a few red spots, nothing serious.. i ate an egg and a few today, let's see what happens. I want to try dairy too but i think that will have to wait a little longer.

My mom brought a kinder milk slice.. i couldn't resist.. confused.gif

Edited by maria199, 15 November 2013 - 12:43 PM.

What clears my acne:

3hnd.jpg

#55 Calumma

Calumma

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 November 2013 - 01:24 PM

Noone can resist a kinder milk slice :) They are all over the place here in every grannys cupboard ;)

Good to hear nothing serious.

Now:
Paula's Choice BHA 2%,
Green Cream 6 Retinol

#56 maria199

maria199

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 15 November 2013 - 01:41 PM

My favorite is kinder bueno! But i am confused and a little frightened about their effect on acne, almonds break me out, eggs could be a trigger and milk is definitely the worst! But i haven't tried them since i lowered the dose and i don't know how my skin will respond and if i break out will it be only milk or one of the others as well?

What clears my acne:

3hnd.jpg

#57 maria199

maria199

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 15 November 2013 - 05:02 PM

I can already see a new bright redness out of nowhere on my nose! Possibly this dosage isn't enough to keep major acne triggers under control, i hope 75 mg will do the trick. I think 100 mg were too much and since i cut it in half i am no longer breaking out except for closed comedones but it seems that it's not enough for milk and nuts. I am not icing it, i feel enough physical discomfort already.. just bp+aha.

Edited by maria199, 15 November 2013 - 05:03 PM.

What clears my acne:

3hnd.jpg

#58 maria199

maria199

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 18 November 2013 - 10:11 AM

I made an experiment with more dairy yesterday, i think it was successful but i am not absolutely sure, there is one old papule that i feel is slightly bigger but without pain. Probably i am just seeing ghosts again but you never know especially since i experimented with my major acne trigger. The experiment will continue for a few more days (just an excuse to make that wonderful leek-cheese pie) eusa_whistle.gif

edit: it's looking more and more like a normal papule, i am worried now because i don't know if it's due to dairy, increased dosage or just a random break out. If it continues i 'll stop dairy and if it still continues i 'll go back to 50 mg.

Edited by maria199, 18 November 2013 - 01:20 PM.

What clears my acne:

3hnd.jpg

#59 maria199

maria199

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 19 November 2013 - 05:29 AM

Nothing new today, except that thing from yesterday.. now it's red, swollen and painful.. not really big but not small either. Today i 'll try yogurt with apples, walnuts and honey. I think that in the next hours i 'll regret it but it's the only way to find out if it was random, dairy or dose induced.

What clears my acne:

3hnd.jpg

#60 maria199

maria199

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 20 November 2013 - 04:14 AM

Surprisingly 0 new till now. Today we have this wonderful leek-cheese pie, let's hope it won't break me out.

What clears my acne:

3hnd.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users