2 replies to this topic

#1 twerp

twerp

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Makeup and mermaids and things that smell nice ^_^

Posted 12 October 2013 - 11:29 PM

I keep seeing people say that you should only wash your face 2 times a day, and that washing more is too irritating or drying. However, the clearest I've ever been was during times when I washed and medicated my skin 3 times a day. I'd still have a few small pimples, but that's because I touch my face a lot.

How many times a day do you all wash your faces? What seems to be a good balance for everyone?

Edited by twerp, 12 October 2013 - 11:31 PM.

#2 xdevochkax

xdevochkax

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 12 October 2013 - 11:42 PM

I think your mileage may vary. I've never washed my face more than twice a day for as long as I can remember. When I'm wearing makeup I *always* wash it off at night without fail, but if I'm not wearing makeup that day and am too tired to bother, it never really caused any new breakouts.

For me, my sebum balance keeps my acne moderately at bay... not clear, but not exacerbated. Everyone is different, though.

In a nutshell, I've had mild/moderate adult on-set acne which began towards the end of 2009. Regarding my beliefs and previous skincare/lifestyle changes I've tried, I have been conflicted, misinformed, resistant, allergic, and had my hopes up too high only to be let down. Many of my previous posts on here will reflect that. Considering I have never found an explanation as to why I developed acne in my twenties, whereas I've had flawless skin my entire life up until then, I claim to know nothing. I'm still fighting the fight and can only offer my humble advice.

Accutane (Myorisan) Log

Began Sept. 30th, 2014

Month #1 = 40mg

Month #2 = 40mg

Month #3 = 40mg

#3 Zach Zach

Zach Zach

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 October 2013 - 08:14 AM

Well, I've recommended that ppl wash twice a day IF it seems like they are irritating their skin by washing thrice (love saying that) per day. Washing is just one of the many variables that goes into skin irritation. I don't think there's anything that says *you specifically* should *only* wash twice a day... it depends on the person.

Personally I'll wet my face 2-3 times a day and actually use cleanser on it 1 or 2 times per day. Depends if I go to the gym or not. But, I think you can definitely over-do it when it comes to washing

~ Ask lots of questions. Learn lots of things. ~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users