254 posts in this topic

On November 30, 2015 at 9:23:14 PM, Zanette said:

Hey WishClean,

Thanks for replying to my post. I always love reading your comments. Actually I have already been taking inositol for 4 weeks. Your positive opinion helped me to start to take it. I have no idea if I' ve IR so I was a bit scared, but only after 4-5 days taking my hair fall completely stopped and my acnes cleared up significantly. Because it improved my skin and my hair so quickly I suppose I have IR but I' ll make sure to get it tested next week. Unfortunately in the facial hair I don't see any change, obviously it takes more time for me, I just really hope it will help. I've been taking the myo-inositol in powder form, sometimes so hard to mesaure it precisely because more than1/8  teaspoon gives me headache. Divided it for two times per day works perfectly but I am considering if I should try the d-chiro inositol as well. I think here in Europe is even more expensive especially the chiral balance which is the only one I find good and I am afraid of the headaches. Is  that very strong compared to the myo? Did it help you more? The chiral balance was ok but it gave me some mood swings so I decided to stick with myo. I think the dosage was a bit strong for me

oh, and the blood test, yes you're right it's not sure it will show increased androgens, I know because in the beginning few yers ago when I noticed the hormonal imbalance I got it made and was 'normal' according to my doctor, he said no other choice, only diane pill, stupidly I started taking and it really helped, very mild facial and body hair, no acne at all, nice hair, so actually I was happy and did't look for other options,  but half year ago I decided to stop it(one of the main reason was the like almost zero libido) and of course every symptom came back. Fortunately thank to you :) the acne and hair problems are solved only the facial hair left which is maybe the most irritating for me. So now I think I have to make a blood test again(saliva is apperently better but here is crazy expensive to check all hormones) and if the glucose tolerance test shows positive I might be closer to find out the reason. (But I wanna check thhroid as well and everything what I can, even the ultrasound what you suggested.) The reduction of body/ facial hair was definitely one of the biggest advantages to taking inositol as well. Actually, in clinical studies, it was shown to be as effective, if not more, than prescription medication for hirsutism.

Yes you're right, there are so many choices of supplements and herbals to try if one doesn't work you can look for another, the only problem that it really takes time :) I read that even if you are in balance and found the right supplements/herbals and diet and your hormones work fine, the hirsutism can take 6-12 months to decrease, fortunately acne is much less.

Have you ever tried magnesium? (Magnesium glycinante or bisglycinate) It seems to be very convincing.

-magnesium regulates cortisol, lowers blood sugar, supports thyroid, aids sleep, fuels cellular energy, makes hormones, activates vitamin D, and magnesium is anti-aging as well. Yes, I tried it..it didn't hurt, but I don't think it did anything for my skin.

It's safe and highly recommended for PCOS. I'm going to order to try, then I can update about it.

What C vitamin do you take? I have hard time to find non-acid, raw type. At the moment I only take sea buckthorn which is supposed to have vitamin C. Anyway absolutly fantastic supplement, I love it, it makes my skin and my hair so soft, Omega 7 is indeed a beauty vitamin. I take either Nature's Aid Low Acid Vitamin C (EU brand) or Nature's Way Whole Food Vitamin C (US brand). They are easier to digest and gentle on the stomach.

I'm confused about the DIM, I don't think I have symptomps for estrogen dominance, f.e, I don't have apple shape, and I don't suffer from heavy period. I only have very mild PMS and don't have breast pain.  Although I have sunspots on my face, especially under my eyes (another challange to keep it under control particularly in the summer) but those appeared during I was on the pill. Would you recommend the DIM in this case? I can't say for sure, you can stick with what you are taking right now...no need to overload your body because if you take too many supplements, you won't know what's working and what doesn't.  I incorporate supplements one at a time now - in the past, I used to start taking multiple things and wouldn't know what works and what doesn't.

Thanks for reminding me to the importance of the water, sometimes I really forget about that. I've never tried acupuncture, but sounds exciting. 

I'd like to ask you about electrolysis. I remember you mentioned that you are doing it in one of your previous post. Is it working?  Does it leave scabs/scars on your skin? I' m just so scared of that and the lack of experience of the electrologist. How painful is it? My biggest problem is that here there are places with only laser and IPL but no way I would try those in hormone related places. I already checked the electrolysis home kits (there are only 2 types in Amazon, anyway.). The reviews are not really convincing, that's sure but it's not expensive and I desperately want to get rid of few hairs from my thighs, so I am just hesitating. Yes, electrolysis can leave scabs and cause breakouts/ redness, so it's important to find a good professional. I usually apply witch hazel afterwards to minimize redness. I try not to put anything thick like a cream or lotion right after electrolysis because it can clog the pores and lead to breakouts. I always tell the aesthetician to avoid creams/ lotions. You can use a bit of Emla numbing cream before electrolysis if it's too painful. I don't recommend home kits (not the same heat currency as professional ones, plus you can actually damage your skin if you do it yourself), IPL , or any type of red light on hormonal hair growth.

Thank you so much for your help. I do really appreciate it.  Your experiments and expertise are amazing :) 

I responded to your post in red ^ ^

Edited by WishClean

Current regimen: garlic supplements [as needed], Enzymedica gluten blocker [as needed], nicadan [not sure if it works yet]. I try to simplify as much as I can. Don't take more supplements than you need....try one at a time and be patient.

The supplements that really helped me when my acne was at its worst: inositol, DIM [not as frequently now!] digestive enzymes [don't need them every day anymore, only on cheat days], herpanacine & vitamin C with rose hips/ low acid [not every day], regular sun exposure for vitamin D3, superoxide dismutase (SOD) enzyme supplements. NOTE: I do not recommend DIM for long term use, and I do not recommend hormonal creams without doctor supervision.

Lifestyle & Skin Care: acupuncture, regular exercise/ yoga, low histamine diet, avoiding unnecessary stress, balancing skin's PH (using Image Ormedics), using distilled/ filtered water to wash face, occasional high frequency facials...

Grocery list:

** Find the cause, find the cure **

** If you have a question for me, please ask it publicly so that others can benefit from the discussion**

16 hours ago, WishClean said:

I responded to your post in red ^ ^

Thank you for your reply! It helped me a lot.

1 person likes this

If I have normal testosterone, but high DHEA-s would the inositol not help?  My estradiol estrogen is normal, and not sure about progesterone.  I do know that progesterone caused my late cycle to induce, but I had also had three very short cycles prior.  So confusing!  My OB just recommends Lo Estrin and spiro for acne.  Vitamin D also seems to be causing my breakouts to worsen. 

On 11/18/2016 at 2:09 PM, Hls1209 said:

If I have normal testosterone, but high DHEA-s would the inositol not help?  My estradiol estrogen is normal, and not sure about progesterone.  I do know that progesterone caused my late cycle to induce, but I had also had three very short cycles prior.  So confusing!  My OB just recommends Lo Estrin and spiro for acne.  Vitamin D also seems to be causing my breakouts to worsen. 

Vitamin D makes me breakout too. I switched to prescription strength D2 (not D3) at one point and it gradually helped get my D levels up. Now I use transdermal Vitamin D lotion because I don't do well on over the counter D3 supplements.
Inositol can still help you - no way to say for sure unless you try it. Also look into DIM.

Current regimen: garlic supplements [as needed], Enzymedica gluten blocker [as needed], nicadan [not sure if it works yet]. I try to simplify as much as I can. Don't take more supplements than you need....try one at a time and be patient.

The supplements that really helped me when my acne was at its worst: inositol, DIM [not as frequently now!] digestive enzymes [don't need them every day anymore, only on cheat days], herpanacine & vitamin C with rose hips/ low acid [not every day], regular sun exposure for vitamin D3, superoxide dismutase (SOD) enzyme supplements. NOTE: I do not recommend DIM for long term use, and I do not recommend hormonal creams without doctor supervision.

Lifestyle & Skin Care: acupuncture, regular exercise/ yoga, low histamine diet, avoiding unnecessary stress, balancing skin's PH (using Image Ormedics), using distilled/ filtered water to wash face, occasional high frequency facials...

Grocery list:

** Find the cause, find the cure **

** If you have a question for me, please ask it publicly so that others can benefit from the discussion**