Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Male - How To Hide Acne?

8 posts in this topic

Hello everyone. I'm in my mid 20's and have been suffering from Acne. No matter what I try I still have it. I'd be lying if I said it wasn't affecting my life drastically. I'm at the point where instead of trying to cure it I want to hide it.

I've been using MURAD Acne Treatment Concealer Stick. Honestly, it's better than nothing but it's kind of powdery, seems to dry my skin, and it may be the wrong shade because I feel like it's a little too light and obvious.

I've seen a few videos of girls using makeup to hide their Acne and it looks so good. With that being said, can any of you help me hide my Acne with makeup? I don't know whether to use BB Cream, Concealer, Tinted Moisturizer, or what. I really don't know the difference. I prefer something that is easy to put on, like dabbing with finger. Could I also get help with picking a shade?

Here's a current picture album of my face(sorry for the ridiculous edits, I want to keep privacy):

http://imgur.com/a/yarHw

My acne gets worse than this but you can see what I mean. My nose, forehead, and cheek and visibly red.

Please help me =(

hey i looked at your photos and your acne is seriously not that bad. we are our own worst critics. i definitely think you could treat your acne pretty easily, just make an appointment with a derm. in the meantime, if you really want to hide it, i advise using mineral powder.

Your acne is mild and your skin texture looks healthy, so you could probably get away with just using concealer on the red spots that bother you. If you use mineral powder all over, you would have to wear a moisturizer and/or primer underneath, wait for that to dry, then apply the powder. In your case, I think you only need something topical, not all over, since your texture is good.

I use maybeline concealer, and have also used l'oreal before...you can find those at any drugstore if you live in the US. The most important thing is to find a noncometogenic concealer that matches your shade. I prefer liquid than stick concealers.

Current regimen: garlic supplements [as needed], Enzymedica gluten blocker [as needed], nicadan [not sure if it works yet]. I try to simplify as much as I can. Don't take more supplements than you need....try one at a time and be patient.

The supplements that really helped me when my acne was at its worst: inositol, DIM [not as frequently now!] digestive enzymes [don't need them every day anymore, only on cheat days], herpanacine & vitamin C with rose hips/ low acid [not every day], regular sun exposure for vitamin D3, superoxide dismutase (SOD) enzyme supplements. NOTE: I do not recommend DIM for long term use, and I do not recommend hormonal creams without doctor supervision.

Lifestyle & Skin Care: acupuncture, regular exercise/ yoga, low histamine diet, avoiding unnecessary stress, balancing skin's PH (using Image Ormedics), using distilled/ filtered water to wash face, occasional high frequency facials...

Grocery list:

** Find the cause, find the cure **

** If you have a question for me, please ask it publicly so that others can benefit from the discussion**

It means that it won't cause more breakouts...some concealers/makeup in general can cause more breakouts if the ingredients are not right for your skin.

I used the clinique concealer a long time ago, but I wasn't thrilled. It was a bit too drying. Maybe they updated the formula now. It comes in only 3 shades I think, so it's hard to find an exact match.

Current regimen: garlic supplements [as needed], Enzymedica gluten blocker [as needed], nicadan [not sure if it works yet]. I try to simplify as much as I can. Don't take more supplements than you need....try one at a time and be patient.

The supplements that really helped me when my acne was at its worst: inositol, DIM [not as frequently now!] digestive enzymes [don't need them every day anymore, only on cheat days], herpanacine & vitamin C with rose hips/ low acid [not every day], regular sun exposure for vitamin D3, superoxide dismutase (SOD) enzyme supplements. NOTE: I do not recommend DIM for long term use, and I do not recommend hormonal creams without doctor supervision.

Lifestyle & Skin Care: acupuncture, regular exercise/ yoga, low histamine diet, avoiding unnecessary stress, balancing skin's PH (using Image Ormedics), using distilled/ filtered water to wash face, occasional high frequency facials...

Grocery list:

** Find the cause, find the cure **

** If you have a question for me, please ask it publicly so that others can benefit from the discussion**