Photo
Accutane

Am I Safe To Drink If I Stop Taking Accutane For A Day?

6 replies to this topic

#1 LilyMartinez

LilyMartinez

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 October 2013 - 01:39 PM

I've been taking accutane for two months now until this day, but I have a friend coming home from college tomorrow and I was wondering if I skip my pills tonight and tomorrow, would I be safe to get loaded drunk? I know you're not supposed to while taking the pills, but if I stopped for the day would it be ok? I've read horror stories about mixing alcohol with accutane, so I just want to know if I should just not drink?

#2 Ballen

Ballen

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Psychology and Entrepreneurship.

Achievements

Posted 12 October 2013 - 03:49 AM

No, its not ok. That's not the way it works. I don't have your liver test results, but I think a couple of beers would be ok. I would preferably not drink at all though.

You should also not skip Accutane for any reason, if you're not getting bad side effects. Talk to your derm about drinking, she knows how your liver is doing.

#3 ktlouise

ktlouise

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 October 2013 - 06:41 AM

it wouldn't make a difference if you stopped taking them because the drug would still be in your system anyway. although ideally you shouldn't drink at all, i don't think the odd occasion would hurt so just let yourself go for tonighttongue.png

#4 IntenseCow

IntenseCow

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 October 2013 - 07:00 AM

The drug will not be out of your system. Why risk your liver for one night of fun? Seems pretty silly to me. . .

#5 sarahlous

sarahlous

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 October 2013 - 12:49 PM

Accutane is what, 5 or 6 months out of your entire life? If you can't stay away from alcohol for as little as 5 or 6 months I honestly feel bad for you. You can have fun without it. 

#6 mgs02

mgs02

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 October 2013 - 12:11 AM

My dermatologist said I can have a drink every so often in moderation during treatment., but from what I've heard and read, I don't think it's worth it and I don't plan on drinking while taking this. There are enough side effects to this medicine, I don't want to consciously take the chance to cause more.

#7 jamiedxo

jamiedxo

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 19 October 2013 - 01:20 PM

As long as you're not doing it all the time or regularly, it shouldn't be a problem... People nowadays are ridiculously over cautious.

I'm on my second month and for my  best friend's birthday the other day, we went out drinking. I was pissed drunk and I took my Accutane that day and the next. I was perfectly fine. When I went to see my derm, he noticed my liver work jumped a bit but he wasn't remotely concerned. He knew it was from drinking and just told me not to make it a regular thing. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users