acne scar concealer for male

8 replies to this topic

#1 325world

325world

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 October 2013 - 08:14 AM

Edited by 325world, 24 December 2013 - 04:10 PM.

#2 mrsrobinson

mrsrobinson

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 October 2013 - 08:32 AM

Your skin looks great, not sure how much improvement you got from the Fraxels' but wow it looks great.

You don't have any hyperpigmentation and your skin tone looks even, so I'm not sure what you would be covering, I personally think you should just let it go.

if you wanted to try a powder concealer just inside some of the scars you could do that, like a mineral foundation concealer with a very small brush, then you don't have the all over makeup effect.

#3 325world

325world

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 October 2013 - 08:48 AM

Edited by 325world, 24 December 2013 - 04:10 PM.

#4 mrsrobinson

mrsrobinson

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 October 2013 - 09:00 AM

I'm not a big scrub fan, it just makes me red and just doesn't seem to work for me - but if it does for you then stick with it

go to everydayminerals.com and try their concealer..small brush and just dab inside the spots that bother you the most, it blends well and won't be as obvious as all over foundation....and you can buy it on line so you don't have to stand there in the drug store - cheap and worth a try and this one doesn't break me out

good luck to you and again I think you look great, but I know we are our own worst enemies, and there is nothing wrong with wanting to feel more confident about ourselves, male or female we all deserve that!

Good luck to you

#5 SunnySarah

SunnySarah

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:reading, watching movies, volunteering, cooking, traveling, meeting new people, exploring

Achievements

Posted 13 November 2013 - 05:43 PM

Left: http://imgur.com/a/IjGpm

Right: http://imgur.com/a/Gj8Xf

That's what I have with 1 day of facial hair growth. I am required to shave daily for work which makes the skin red (darker than these pics), so I just shave at night and apply "St. Ives Fresh Skin apricot scrub", which makes the texture smooth I guess. However, by morning although my skintone looks perfectly even, I still have redness come up when I touch the face or talk for a while, that or the sun.

I have scars and they become worse with redness. I basically need a concealer that will blend into my skin color as well as cover these scars. 

I have a feeling that most concealers and products that you spread over the face aren't that effective since they are very visible and embarrassing, and just fill the craters (which aren't that deep but it still happens). I don't want to put full face makeup on unless it is extremely soft.

Is there anything that'll work on these scars and the condition I described or should I not bother? I have had 6 fraxel treatments last year and am 1 year post treatments, I did improve but I still have scars visible at conversational distance so the right makeup is what I need at this point (for daily use).

Hello EagerMiner!

If you still need a makeup recommendation, I've got one! Your skin looks really nice, so it doesn't look like you have much to cover discoloration wise. There's a primer that is skin colored (but blends into skin and doesn't change any redness like foundation or concealer would) that evens out the skin texture to make it smooth and silky looking called Porefessional by Benefit Cosmetics.  It's about $30 for the product, but it lasts about 6 months depending on how much you use. A  super natural foundation that feels/looks like nothing is on the skin is called Bareminerals mineral makeup. It's $25 and lasts about a year, but will help with the discoloration of the skin, not the texture of it. Hope this helped! (:

#6 ArtBoy92

ArtBoy92

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 December 2013 - 10:29 PM

I would strongly suggest you don't put any makeup on your face since you can always tell when someone is wearing makeup. If anything I would recommend you do a few more fraxel treatments.

#7 JennaBean

JennaBean

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 December 2013 - 11:10 PM

I think your skin looks great! I wouldn't even notice it if I were to see you. I wouldn't even bother with makeup. Once you start, it's almost impossible to start. And most concealers clog pores. Look for a BB cream or CC cream if you want some coverage.

#8 Clueless

Clueless

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 December 2013 - 09:44 PM

Your skin looks amazing. I wouldn't worry about make up. There is nothing you need to coverup.

If you're worried about your redness then look into getting a green colour corrector.

Your skin is so nice you can wear tinted moisturiser with bronzer to keep it natural looking or a very very light handed use of powder/ liquid foundation.

#9 Spotthedifference

Spotthedifference

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 42
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, writing, running, creative projects, the sims games

Achievements

Posted 23 December 2013 - 04:57 AM

Your skin is fantastic! If you're dead set on makeup (wouldn't use it if I were you, you've nothing to hide) then try a silicone based primer first, which stops makeup from sinking in to any scarring or fine lines. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users