acne.org regimen adult-onset acne fair skin

27 replies to this topic

#21 ThePhilJAllen

ThePhilJAllen

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 December 2013 - 11:22 AM

Haha, I apologise for confusing you. Perhaps I should of elaborated. You said in your first post that you were in a VERY bad place and you didn't want to go in to detail. Anyway, how is your progress?

#22 xdevochkax

xdevochkax

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 20 December 2013 - 06:09 AM

Oh ok, gotcha. Yeah, I'm never going to talk about that publicly. It's in my past and needs to stay there because I'm well over that part of my life.

I'm assuming you mean my progress on The Regimen, and it's going pretty good. :)

I'd say my skin is about 70% used to it. I'm not using a full pump of BP because I don't need it, and I'm happy about that. The only issues are still a little flaking, but it doesn't actively flake off- it kind of just sits as a top layer on my skin. Basically kind of like dead skin, which I'll happily take over noticable, scaly flakes. I've just been exfoliating it with jojoba oil once a week. I'm still experiencing some dryness when I wake up in the morning, and when I've been out in the cold for an extended period of time, I'll get that with a little redness too. So it's getting better slowly but surely.

My acne in a nutshell -- Mild-to-moderate, adult on-set, began late 2009. Regarding my beliefs and previous skincare/lifestyle changes I've tried, I have been conflicted, misinformed, resistant, allergic, and had my hopes up too high only to be let down. Many of my previous posts on here will reflect that. Considering I have never found an explanation as to why I developed acne in my twenties (whereas I've had flawless skin my entire life up until then), I claim to know nothing. I am still fighting the fight and can only offer my humble advice.

#23 midnightsky05

midnightsky05

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 December 2013 - 10:51 AM

I would get some jojoba oil! Usually, before I started the Regimen, I used BP and I would get so uncontrollably flaky and horrible, dry, irritated skin. Jojoba has really saved my skin and kept it moisturized and I'm on day 18 of my Regimen and have experienced zero to barely any dryness. 

Nevermind, saw you do use jojoba from your last post (; I'd mix some in with your moisturizer 

Edited by midnightsky05, 28 December 2013 - 10:52 AM.

#24 xdevochkax

xdevochkax

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 29 December 2013 - 01:19 AM

I would get some jojoba oil! Usually, before I started the Regimen, I used BP and I would get so uncontrollably flaky and horrible, dry, irritated skin. Jojoba has really saved my skin and kept it moisturized and I'm on day 18 of my Regimen and have experienced zero to barely any dryness. 

Nevermind, saw you do use jojoba from your last post (; I'd mix some in with your moisturizer 

I always do. I already have a pre-made mixture in a separate container because mixing them in my palm gets messy. But I add more if I need more (plus SPF in the AM).

Everyone's skin is different I guess. My skin is naturally on the drier side to begin with so that could be why I'm still flaking. I've come a long way since the start though - for the longest time my skin was red, itchy, scaly and gross, and now it's just some flakes - so considering I got over all of those humps I'm not giving up now! :)

My acne in a nutshell -- Mild-to-moderate, adult on-set, began late 2009. Regarding my beliefs and previous skincare/lifestyle changes I've tried, I have been conflicted, misinformed, resistant, allergic, and had my hopes up too high only to be let down. Many of my previous posts on here will reflect that. Considering I have never found an explanation as to why I developed acne in my twenties (whereas I've had flawless skin my entire life up until then), I claim to know nothing. I am still fighting the fight and can only offer my humble advice.

#25 xdevochkax

xdevochkax

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 29 December 2013 - 01:31 PM

Updating:

I decided to up my BP to a full pump at night. I hoped I wouldn't have to but I think I could be seeing better results than I currently am.

I'm still slowly taking my time with the BP dosage so I'm sticking to about half a pump the AM, so we'll see how it goes from here.

No adverse effects from increasing the BP though (not yet anyway), so that's good.

#26 xdevochkax

xdevochkax

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 01 January 2014 - 12:38 PM

So after three nights of using a full pump of BP at night (still only half a pump in the AM) my skin reacted exactly the way I dreaded- the same way it did the first time around (red/flushed, warm to the touch), despite the fact that I've been increasing at snail speed this time. So I'm dropping back down to half a pump. I don't know what it is about that full pump of BP, I've been doing fine with half a pump for an entire MONTH before I decided to increase, and then my skin freaks out.

My only guess is that I'm super sensitive to BP. I haven't experienced any symptoms suggesting I'm allergic to it but it just seems like my progress is "improving" much slower than the average for most people because I'm a month and a half in and still flaking. At this point I don't even know if I'll ever make it up to a full pump of BP, but I really can't predict anything right now.

I suppose I should update my skincare routine. Also, on a side note, it the very beginning of my log I realize I wrote I couldn't use CeraVe or Cetaphil lotion because they clog my pores. Luckily I've found the BP counteracts that because those lotions are what have worked best for me so far.

Morning:

- Olay Foaming Face Wash for Sensitive Skin (which I don't care for, but it's almost empty and I have a bottle of Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser waiting for when I finish it)

- 1/2 pump BP

- CeraVe Lotion + Jojoba Oil + Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture SPF 30

Night:

- Same as morning, minus the SPF.

Edited by xdevochkax, 02 January 2014 - 12:53 AM.

#27 xdevochkax

xdevochkax

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 10 January 2014 - 12:15 AM

Updating:

I was holding off on posting this until I could see how my skin would react to it.

On the 6th I upped the BP again to a little less than a full pump- about 3/4 pump or so. Morning and night. Luckily my skin has been handling it fine as of now.

I do think I need to get on the AHA soon though because I still have some mild flaking. I'm going to hold off on ordering that for just a bit longer because considering my skin took a long time to get used to the BP, it's probably following suit what with taking extra time for the flaking to go away.

I really do miss wearing makeup though.

I know many people on here are relieved to not have to wear makeup anymore and that's awesome, but makeup is just a pseudo-hobby of mine (I'm not a crazy collector like the beauty vloggers on YouTube) so I miss it. And even though the flaking is mild for the most part at this point, it's considerable enough to the point of showing underneath it. :(

#28 xdevochkax

xdevochkax

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 19 January 2014 - 09:45 AM

Well, I think it's safe to say The Regimen is not for me. I have had significantly bad reactions each round I've done and I'm not going to risk a third.

A little less than a week ago my eyes started becoming itchy and dry. I thought it was the dry air what with this freezing weather spell, but it just got worse and worse.

One morning I woke up and could barely open my eyes. They were puffy, red, and looked diseased.

I never put BP anywhere near my eyes, and I always wash my hands before I apply eye cream or Cetaphil Cream to my eye area after applying moisturizer to my face, so the only conclusion I can come to is that the potency of the BP started taking a really bad toll on my eyes.

After I dropped The Regimen, my eyes went 100% back to normal.

So for now, I am done. I won't say forever, because I never do, but I can safely say I won't even be thinking about this routine for a long time.

I will still continue to be active in the forums, but as of right now I do not feel it would be beneficial to continue to update this log. I think my only exception would be if I find a routine that shows consistently good results.

I would greatly appreciate not to receive any replies saying not to give up, because I shouldn't have to and am not willing to suffer as badly as I did.

Thank you to everyone who reads or has read my log.

Until next time... (maybe).

Edited by xdevochkax, 20 January 2014 - 09:42 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users