Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

xdevochkax

Debated Making This... My Regimen Log

28 posts in this topic

So after three nights of using a full pump of BP at night (still only half a pump in the AM) my skin reacted exactly the way I dreaded- the same way it did the first time around (red/flushed, warm to the touch), despite the fact that I've been increasing at snail speed this time. So I'm dropping back down to half a pump. I don't know what it is about that full pump of BP, I've been doing fine with half a pump for an entire MONTH before I decided to increase, and then my skin freaks out.

My only guess is that I'm super sensitive to BP. I haven't experienced any symptoms suggesting I'm allergic to it but it just seems like my progress is "improving" much slower than the average for most people because I'm a month and a half in and still flaking. At this point I don't even know if I'll ever make it up to a full pump of BP, but I really can't predict anything right now.

I suppose I should update my skincare routine. Also, on a side note, it the very beginning of my log I realize I wrote I couldn't use CeraVe or Cetaphil lotion because they clog my pores. Luckily I've found the BP counteracts that because those lotions are what have worked best for me so far.

Morning:

- Olay Foaming Face Wash for Sensitive Skin (which I don't care for, but it's almost empty and I have a bottle of Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser waiting for when I finish it)

- 1/2 pump BP

- CeraVe Lotion + Jojoba Oil + Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture SPF 30

Night:

- Same as morning, minus the SPF.

Finished my 1st round of Accutane course on 3/29/2015
40mg/day every month for 6 months

Began 2nd round of Accutane on 10/13/2015
My acne came back very mildly & nowhere near as bad as it used to be, I refused any topicals or antibiotics since I've already been through the "last resort" treatment without any problems.

Dosage & length of time is the same as the 1st round.

Update: 10/1/2016
Skin is still completely clear! I'll get an occasional random pimple every few months, and I'm perfectly okay with that.

Updating:

I was holding off on posting this until I could see how my skin would react to it.

On the 6th I upped the BP again to a little less than a full pump- about 3/4 pump or so. Morning and night. Luckily my skin has been handling it fine as of now.

I do think I need to get on the AHA soon though because I still have some mild flaking. I'm going to hold off on ordering that for just a bit longer because considering my skin took a long time to get used to the BP, it's probably following suit what with taking extra time for the flaking to go away.

I really do miss wearing makeup though.

I know many people on here are relieved to not have to wear makeup anymore and that's awesome, but makeup is just a pseudo-hobby of mine (I'm not a crazy collector like the beauty vloggers on YouTube) so I miss it. And even though the flaking is mild for the most part at this point, it's considerable enough to the point of showing underneath it. :(

My acne came back very mildly & nowhere near as bad as it used to be, I refused any topicals or antibiotics since I've already been through the "last resort" treatment without any problems.

Skin is still completely clear! I'll get an occasional random pimple every few months, and I'm perfectly okay with that.

Well, I think it's safe to say The Regimen is not for me. I have had significantly bad reactions each round I've done and I'm not going to risk a third.

A little less than a week ago my eyes started becoming itchy and dry. I thought it was the dry air what with this freezing weather spell, but it just got worse and worse.

One morning I woke up and could barely open my eyes. They were puffy, red, and looked diseased.

I never put BP anywhere near my eyes, and I always wash my hands before I apply eye cream or Cetaphil Cream to my eye area after applying moisturizer to my face, so the only conclusion I can come to is that the potency of the BP started taking a really bad toll on my eyes.

After I dropped The Regimen, my eyes went 100% back to normal.

So for now, I am done. I won't say forever, because I never do, but I can safely say I won't even be thinking about this routine for a long time.

I will still continue to be active in the forums, but as of right now I do not feel it would be beneficial to continue to update this log. I think my only exception would be if I find a routine that shows consistently good results.

I would greatly appreciate not to receive any replies saying not to give up, because I shouldn't have to and am not willing to suffer as badly as I did.

Thank you to everyone who reads or has read my log.

Until next time... (maybe).