Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Oatmeal For Acne ?!

3 posts in this topic

Has any one use oat meal for acne?

i just started Tuesday, and i will like to you personal experience.

Thank you ^.^

hifive.gif eusa_pray.gif eusa_pray.gif tinydan.gif tinydan.gif tinydan.gif tinydan.gif

I've tried oatmeal masks. I found them to not improve my acne, and they're also quite messy. The best mask I've found is honey/yogurt, but even then it doesn't really improve acne per se, more skin texture.

Oatmeal never helped me, either. I never used it as a mask but rather as a face wash. It made my skin feel very smooth and temporarily calmed the redness, but overall didn't help the acne.

My Story:
I've had mild-to-moderate adult on-set acne (inflammatory) that started creeping up on me towards the end of 2009 (22 years old). Regarding previous skincare/lifestyle changes I've attempted, I've been conflicted, misinformed, resistant, allergic, and/or had my hopes up too high only to be let down. Many of my previous posts on here may reflect that. Considering I've never found an explanation as to why I developed acne in my twenties, whereas I've had flawless skin my entire life up until then, I claim to know nothing. I can only offer my humble advice based on my own personal experiences.

Finished my Accutane course on 3/29/2015
40mg/day every month for 6 months

Began 2nd course of Accutane on 10/13/2015
Even though my acne came back very mildly & nowhere near as bad as it used to be, I refused any topicals or antibiotics since I've already been through the "last resort" treatment without any problems.

My targeted length of time & dosage is currently the same as the 1st round.