Photo

--

scar fraxel

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
27 replies to this topic

#1 325world

325world

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 October 2013 - 06:53 PM

Edited by 325world, 24 December 2013 - 03:32 PM.

#2 no_hope

no_hope

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 11 October 2013 - 06:37 AM

u barley have any noticable scarring. very luky to just have that much scarring.

#3 325world

325world

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 October 2013 - 07:29 AM

#4 tracy521

tracy521

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 October 2013 - 07:32 AM

i think your skin looks pretty good i wouldn't do anything at all. 

#5 325world

325world

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 October 2013 - 07:35 AM

Edited by 325world, 24 December 2013 - 03:34 PM.

#6 tracy521

tracy521

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 October 2013 - 07:54 AM

first off if you live your life trying to please others you are always going to fail and secondly i can tell you from doing various treatments that most of them are a waste of time in the sense that you are never going to have the skin that you had before its just not possible. it took me a very long time to realize that for myself since i have scarring as well. also women do not care at all about acne scars i can honestly tell you that. my hubby has acne scarring and i can tell you that i kind of like it in a way it makes him look more rugged and manly. if you look around you will see a lot of people have scarring and that they too find a way to carry on with life. it will take time for you to get over this but once you realize that you are still a very attractive guy and that you have so much going for you then i think things will start to look up. i can say honestly that self confidence to me is the most attractive thing as well as a great personality and a good sense of humor. those will get you further with women than having great skin. all you gotta do is stop feeling down about yourself and realize that you are worth it. i know it might sound corny but its true ;)

#7 325world

325world

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 October 2013 - 09:31 AM

-

#8 Starlite

Starlite

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:15 PM

Keep in mind that your skin will never be perfect. Lasers will help more, but it's never going to look flawless. I would try Tazorac, retin-a, or some other retinoid. It will plump up the skin, it's much cheaper, and you may see improvement spaced out over a year or more.

I agree that your scarring does not look bad at all.

#9 no_hope

no_hope

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:17 PM

if its just surface issues then something like dermabrasion would be ideal.

#10 325world

325world

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:25 PM

Edited by 325world, 24 December 2013 - 03:33 PM.

#11 325world

325world

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 October 2013 - 03:20 PM

#12 WishClean

WishClean

Healthy Lifestyle Advocate

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 12 October 2013 - 06:50 PM

i think your skin looks pretty good i wouldn't do anything at all. 

That's what I thought for a while this year as I healed from fraxel, that all I need is a good face wash and concealer, but a friend told me to get more work done and I can't help but consider it since he is rarely ever wrong about aesthetic matters. I would look noticeably more attractive with normal skin let alone good skin, my skin is still way below average right now. I noticed that most people have passable unscarred skin, it's a minimum requirement to be treated like a human these days and I don't think I pass.

Honestly, your skin looks fine. And you also have some stubble, which helps distract from the superficial scarring. I wouldn't worry about it, and I think you are being too harsh on yourself. You need to give your skin time to recover. Meanwhile, make sure you are eating healthy and getting plenty of vitamin C to give your body the tools it needs to generate more collagen. 

Supplements: inositol, DIM, digestive enzymes [don't need them every day anymore, only on cheat days], herpanacine & vitamin C with rose hips [not every day], regular sun exposure for vitamin D3.

Lifestyle & Skin Care: Low histamine diet, avoiding unnecessary stress, balancing skin's PH (using Image Ormedics), using distilled/ filtered water to wash face, occasional high frequency facials... (although I have been slacking lately)

** Find the cause, find the cure **

#13 AghhNe

AghhNe

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:05 PM

From your facial features. I think your acne scars add some attitude. It fits you well unlike in some people ahem... Ahem.. *whispers me*
Anyways, i know that you will still seek improvement so why not start with something that have low risks.

I'll cut to the chase.
-dermastamping
-dermarolling
-single needling
-combination of single needling, dermastamping, and dermarolling
-chemical peels
-combination of all of the above

And ofc dont forget to combine topicals to any option or treatment you do.

I recommend
-beta glucan
-epidermal growth factor
-vitamin c
-hyaluronic acid

You dont have to buy all of them. Also, pls do a research on your own so that you will be confident on anything that you do.

Good luck!

Edited by AghhNe, 13 October 2013 - 09:06 PM.

#14 325world

325world

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:21 PM

#15 AghhNe

AghhNe

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:23 PM

It's night already here so im too sleepy to answer. But you can find all answers to your current and future questions in owndoc.com because they have studies posted there and also a forum for people doing microneedling treatment.

Edited by AghhNe, 14 October 2013 - 03:13 PM.

#16 325world

325world

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:02 PM

#17 tracy521

tracy521

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:40 AM

just a few things: women 9 times out of 10 don't really care that much about looks. the biggest thing we want is a guy with a good personality who is kind and has a good heart as well as a good sense of humor. if you can make a woman laugh you will get much further than being very good looking. also looks fade so you really need to have something else to back it up anyway. we also dont really give two shits if you are super fit or a little chunky. most women arent like men in the sense that we arent really about the visual at all. we just want a good guy that treats us right! seriously scars on men are totally fine and if you are going to do more treatments its because you feel that you need to for yourself. dont do it for anybody else thats for sure. 

Edited by tracy521, 14 October 2013 - 08:41 AM.

#18 325world

325world

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 October 2013 - 02:31 PM

#19 AghhNe

AghhNe

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:23 PM

It's night already here so im too sleepy to answer. But you can find all answers to your current and future questions in owndoc.com because thehave studies posted there and also a forum for people doing microneedling treatment.

Thanks, I will definitely use a dermaroller or needling. I will talk to my dermatologist first. I think the order I will use is fraxel 2 treatments, tca cross, then dermaroller.

Why do you think the scars give me attitude? Anyone who's honest will objectively agree that they are undesirable and I would be unquivocally more desirable without them. I've found that they are only OK on men with very masculine faces (especially eyes and the jaw) and bodies -- I have the opposite of these so I have to continue seeking improvement.

Well my opinion is based on the pictures you showed. Your pictures didnt show your whole face plus cameras tend to distort facial features especially upclose so honestly, unless we see you in real life, we cant give an accurate evaluation.

Another question is, for the lasers I am still not 100% sure what to do, I have had 6 fraxel restores (April - November 2012), which I have seen is safe for Type III-IV skin. Right now I am scheduled for 2 more fraxel restores (1550) since the first 6 were helpful and I had no side effects, so I want to target a bit more improvement. 

The other concern is, fraxel restore is NON-ABLATIVE. A dermatologist (who recommends pro-fractional ablative to everyone) told me that I need profractional since it is ablative and fraxel restore non-ablative is much weaker. I am also seeing another dermatologist in the near future (for TCA Cross and general advice), who also does profractional. Do you guys think I need ABLATIVE resurfacing? The dermatologist told me it would be safe on my skin type and she showed me a past client she had who had the same skin color + had improvement. I have read that fraxel re-pair is ablative but not safe unless you have light (I-III) skin so I have fears about it. Is ABLATIVE fraxel or profractional significantly better than the non ablative fraxel? I have heard terrible reviews of profractional from many sources, is it really significantly better to use ablative lasers?

I don't want to take too many risks with laser/pigmentation since I know I will be have to be using concealer at the end of all this anyway, that's why I chose to keep using non ablative fraxel restore since it is reliable in retrospect.

Also for TCA Cross - What % is suitable for me? I have shown my skin in full detail and I think I can make a big improvement on my icepicks. I will start it in December or so, after my 2 upcoming fraxel restores.

Yea, lasers are much complicated when it comes to "non-whites". I think mixto is fairly good though cause a lot of asians here in the forum use mixto laser which in my opinion is better than restore. Asian skin is different from white skin. It is also very prone to hyperpigmentation.

Go for 100% tca cross BUT do it only on one scar in an area that is not noticable. You can do that to make sure and have a heads up on how it heals and such. But if your impatient, then you can do more although beware, your scars might look worse before it gets better.

#20 325world

325world

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:34 PM