Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

--

28 posts in this topic

u barley have any noticable scarring. very luky to just have that much scarring.

i think your skin looks pretty good i wouldn't do anything at all.

first off if you live your life trying to please others you are always going to fail and secondly i can tell you from doing various treatments that most of them are a waste of time in the sense that you are never going to have the skin that you had before its just not possible. it took me a very long time to realize that for myself since i have scarring as well. also women do not care at all about acne scars i can honestly tell you that. my hubby has acne scarring and i can tell you that i kind of like it in a way it makes him look more rugged and manly. if you look around you will see a lot of people have scarring and that they too find a way to carry on with life. it will take time for you to get over this but once you realize that you are still a very attractive guy and that you have so much going for you then i think things will start to look up. i can say honestly that self confidence to me is the most attractive thing as well as a great personality and a good sense of humor. those will get you further with women than having great skin. all you gotta do is stop feeling down about yourself and realize that you are worth it. i know it might sound corny but its true ;)

Keep in mind that your skin will never be perfect. Lasers will help more, but it's never going to look flawless. I would try Tazorac, retin-a, or some other retinoid. It will plump up the skin, it's much cheaper, and you may see improvement spaced out over a year or more.

I agree that your scarring does not look bad at all.

if its just surface issues then something like dermabrasion would be ideal.

i think your skin looks pretty good i wouldn't do anything at all.

That's what I thought for a while this year as I healed from fraxel, that all I need is a good face wash and concealer, but a friend told me to get more work done and I can't help but consider it since he is rarely ever wrong about aesthetic matters. I would look noticeably more attractive with normal skin let alone good skin, my skin is still way below average right now. I noticed that most people have passable unscarred skin, it's a minimum requirement to be treated like a human these days and I don't think I pass.

Current regimen: garlic supplements [as needed], Enzymedica gluten blocker [as needed], nicadan [not sure if it works yet]. I try to simplify as much as I can. Don't take more supplements than you need....try one at a time and be patient.

The supplements that really helped me when my acne was at its worst: inositol, DIM [not as frequently now!] digestive enzymes [don't need them every day anymore, only on cheat days], herpanacine & vitamin C with rose hips/ low acid [not every day], regular sun exposure for vitamin D3, superoxide dismutase (SOD) enzyme supplements. NOTE: I do not recommend DIM for long term use, and I do not recommend hormonal creams without doctor supervision.

Lifestyle & Skin Care: acupuncture, regular exercise/ yoga, low histamine diet, avoiding unnecessary stress, balancing skin's PH (using Image Ormedics), using distilled/ filtered water to wash face, occasional high frequency facials...

Grocery list:

** Find the cause, find the cure **

** If you have a question for me, please ask it publicly so that others can benefit from the discussion**

From your facial features. I think your acne scars add some attitude. It fits you well unlike in some people ahem... Ahem.. *whispers me*

Anyways, i know that you will still seek improvement so why not start with something that have low risks.

I'll cut to the chase.

-dermastamping

-dermarolling

-single needling

-combination of single needling, dermastamping, and dermarolling

-chemical peels

-combination of all of the above

And ofc dont forget to combine topicals to any option or treatment you do.

I recommend

-beta glucan

-epidermal growth factor

-vitamin c

-hyaluronic acid

You dont have to buy all of them. Also, pls do a research on your own so that you will be confident on anything that you do.

Good luck!

1 person likes this

It's night already here so im too sleepy to answer. But you can find all answers to your current and future questions in owndoc.com because they have studies posted there and also a forum for people doing microneedling treatment.

just a few things: women 9 times out of 10 don't really care that much about looks. the biggest thing we want is a guy with a good personality who is kind and has a good heart as well as a good sense of humor. if you can make a woman laugh you will get much further than being very good looking. also looks fade so you really need to have something else to back it up anyway. we also dont really give two shits if you are super fit or a little chunky. most women arent like men in the sense that we arent really about the visual at all. we just want a good guy that treats us right! seriously scars on men are totally fine and if you are going to do more treatments its because you feel that you need to for yourself. dont do it for anybody else thats for sure.

It's night already here so im too sleepy to answer. But you can find all answers to your current and future questions in owndoc.com because thehave studies posted there and also a forum for people doing microneedling treatment.

Thanks, I will definitely use a dermaroller or needling. I will talk to my dermatologist first. I think the order I will use is fraxel 2 treatments, tca cross, then dermaroller.

Why do you think the scars give me attitude? Anyone who's honest will objectively agree that they are undesirable and I would be unquivocally more desirable without them. I've found that they are only OK on men with very masculine faces (especially eyes and the jaw) and bodies -- I have the opposite of these so I have to continue seeking improvement.

Fraxel restore doesnt really do much though. Im actually suprised you got an improvement with it. But if you see an improvement and your happy with it, go for it. :)

People will never really see how our scars appear until theyve seen us face to face. Camera photos hides soo much things unless it's one of those super duper high HD cameras and pictured upclose.

Go for it. Pls tell us how it went and update us on your results. Thank you!